Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 64

Thread: Charlotte Church

  1. #46
    Elite Member sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    southeastern U.S.
    Posts
    11,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChangingEventually View Post
    Another reason why I shouldn't EVER EVER EVER have kids: My body will be ruined. I don't care what you mothers say. My looks are going to be what takes me through the next 10 years and I'm not giving them up for some ungrateful, screaming, little person thing.
    Well actually, sex becomes a lot better after childbirth. But you're right, you probably should not have kids.

    A woman needs to rely on much more than her looks, especially to be a mommy.

  2. #47
    Hit By Ban Bus! Femmefatale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    I dont think there is anything wrong with being concerned about the physical effects pregnancy can take on your body. It is realistic to acknowledge that you may never look the same after carrying a child, and it is ok to want to preserve your figure.

    I think a lot of women who feel this concern is shallow and vain have to remember that ofcourse AFTER you have the child and love and bond with the child, the few stretch marks or the fact that u cant fit into the same jeans you wore as a teen seem like obvious and easy sacrafices "fit into the jeans but NOT have my precious Little Junior, what a horrible thought". Well, some of us dont have kids and when weighing the pros and cons about having these hypothetical kids, body image does come into play.

    On one hand, there are plenty of women who bounce right back and who's bodies look just as fit after the baby--look at brooke burns', pam anderson's, sara jessica parker, etc. On the other there are women who are seriously torn up afterwards--hanging skin, red stretch marks, vericose veins. Not exactly favorable and how do u know which category you will fall into? You dont.

    And for an aspiring model, shes right, her figure is everything for her career. Simliliar to actresses who sign contracts that say they will not alter their physical appearances--their body condition is more vital to their lifestyles bc it is the determining factor in their livelihoods. I dont think there is anything wrong with planning for the future and being realistic.

  3. #48
    Silver Member ChangingEventually's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia//Butnotforlong
    Posts
    569

    Default

    For once, I agree with FF. I plan on relying on my looks for MY JOB. Not for being a mother, because I don't plan to be one. I need my looks. Someone even mentions that they care about their physical appearance and people get all freaked out.
    WHAT`S THiiS GAME?
    BABii ii WANT T0 PLAii
    [
    está bella traición que mato mi ilusion]

  4. #49
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    190

    Default

    The problem is not you not wanting kids(i totally respect that)
    the problem is you talking about your looks as if it was all that you ever had...which is disturbing.

  5. #50
    Eli
    Eli is offline
    Hit By Ban Bus! Eli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Grand Canyon
    Posts
    4,253

    Default

    Holy fucking shit, is that legit? I can't believe it, why it seems just the other day she was skinny and on Touched by an Angel.
    It looks like she ATE a church.

  6. #51
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChangingEventually View Post
    I'm considering being a model. I have an appointment with an agent in early August. My sister modeled a little too when she was my age (nothing huge). And yeah, models need looks. I need a brain too, but not for the job.

    And even people on here said that you're never 100% the same way after you have a baby. So why risk it for something that I don't even want anyway?
    I found that I was a lot better after having my child...
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    Well actually, sex becomes a lot better after childbirth. But you're right, you probably should not have kids.
    agree with you on that...
    A woman needs to rely on much more than her looks, especially to be a mommy.
    And there will never be another person who thinks you're more beautiful than a child of your own. No matter what the rest of the world thinks of me, my son constantly tells me how pretty and thin and sweet and .... well, everything...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  7. #52
    Elite Member sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    southeastern U.S.
    Posts
    11,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChangingEventually View Post
    I need my looks. Someone even mentions that they care about their physical appearance and people get all freaked out.
    Nah, I think most people do care about their looks to a certain extent. Especially women.

    It's just a little sad when one's looks are what's most important to them.
    It scares the men off real quick too.

  8. #53
    Elite Member sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    southeastern U.S.
    Posts
    11,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I found that I was a lot better after having my child...

    And there will never be another person who thinks you're more beautiful than a child of your own. No matter what the rest of the world thinks of me, my son constantly tells me how pretty and thin and sweet and .... well, everything...
    I totally agree! Sons are somethin' else aren't they?

    I think God blessed me with a son to teach me that all men are not jerks.

  9. #54
    Elite Member Sassiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Land Down Under
    Posts
    3,163

    Default

    She looks great - I love Charlotte because she's a NORMAL weight. She looks "fat" because we're so used to seeing skeletons posing as 'normal girls'

  10. #55
    Silver Member ChangingEventually's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia//Butnotforlong
    Posts
    569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    Nah, I think most people do care about their looks to a certain extent. Especially women.

    It's just a little sad when one's looks are what's most important to them.
    It scares the men off real quick too.
    If it's what I plan to use when making my living in the future, then I don't think it's sad.

    And guys don't care. I've seen guys date complete bitches who ruined them just because the girl looked good.
    WHAT`S THiiS GAME?
    BABii ii WANT T0 PLAii
    [
    está bella traición que mato mi ilusion]

  11. #56
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    31,675

    Default

    OK - if you are so sure you have a stellar career ahead of you as a model - show us some pics. You're going to have to pimp your portfolio around a LOT of agencies so get used to some feedback now. I promise we'll be kinder than they will be. If you've really got it, flaunt it.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

  12. #57
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    OK - if you are so sure you have a stellar career ahead of you as a model - show us some pics. You're going to have to pimp your portfolio around a LOT of agencies so get used to some feedback now. I promise we'll be kinder than they will be. If you've really got it, flaunt it.
    I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

  13. #58
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quoting Mel 1973:
    No matter what the rest of the world thinks of me, my son constantly tells me how pretty and thin and sweet and .... well, everything...


    Um, your son tells you how thin you are?
    Maybe there's a context I'm missing, but that sounds odd.

    As for weight and pregnancy, hormones can play holy hell with weight, and in ways we haven't even begun to understand.
    For example, it was only recently established that the birth control pill lowers women's testosterone levels, and this effect persists, sometimes for years, after going off the pill. So that lowers desire too, as well as making for less muscle mass and lowered basal metabolic rate.

    For myself, I took a birth control pill that disagreed with me, and promptly gained 60 pounds. 3 years later I can't get the weight off, and I am not eating more, or exercising less, than I did when I weighed 118 lbs.
    I was prescribed medicine for my suddenly underperforming thyroid, and it made no difference at all, even after 2 years. I tried dieting stringently, and exercising madly, more than once, but when you do that for four months, and lose not an ounce, what's the point?
    Sigh. I don't think I'll ever see my real body again. And not even a kid to show for it.

  14. #59
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenia View Post
    Quoting Mel 1973:
    No matter what the rest of the world thinks of me, my son constantly tells me how pretty and thin and sweet and .... well, everything...


    Um, your son tells you how thin you are?
    Maybe there's a context I'm missing, but that sounds odd.

    As for weight and pregnancy, hormones can play holy hell with weight, and in ways we haven't even begun to understand.
    For example, it was only recently established that the birth control pill lowers women's testosterone levels, and this effect persists, sometimes for years, after going off the pill. So that lowers desire too, as well as making for less muscle mass and lowered basal metabolic rate.

    For myself, I took a birth control pill that disagreed with me, and promptly gained 60 pounds. 3 years later I can't get the weight off, and I am not eating more, or exercising less, than I did when I weighed 118 lbs.
    I was prescribed medicine for my suddenly underperforming thyroid, and it made no difference at all, even after 2 years. I tried dieting stringently, and exercising madly, more than once, but when you do that for four months, and lose not an ounce, what's the point?
    Sigh. I don't think I'll ever see my real body again. And not even a kid to show for it.
    Here's the context - if I say I'm not hungry (which ain't often) he'll say that I'm too thin and don't eat enough. Which is a lie...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  15. #60
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChangingEventually View Post
    If it's what I plan to use when making my living in the future, then I don't think it's sad.

    And guys don't care. I've seen guys date complete bitches who ruined them just because the girl looked good.
    that's what Jenna Jameson said about her hoohah - have a look at her now...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. You're looking swell, Charlotte Church
    By TheMoog in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: June 7th, 2007, 03:30 AM
  2. Charlotte Church preggers!
    By Novice in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: March 1st, 2007, 10:19 PM
  3. Charlotte Church has gotten fat
    By hortoen in forum Weight
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: August 25th, 2006, 12:36 PM
  4. Charlotte Church can't drive
    By SVZ in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 29th, 2005, 08:46 PM
  5. Charlotte Church Sex Guide
    By JerriBlank in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: October 25th, 2005, 05:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •