Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlotte Church has gotten fat

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Re: Charlotte Church has gotten fat

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    No, she's fat. Two chins is fat no matter how you call it. Fat is now the new healthy? I don't think so.
    Bingo.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

well yeah she is a fatso (always has been); she's total hedonistic spoiled bitch! reminds me of kellly osbourne and Mariah Carey actually, no one says "NO" to them and they have no control over the urges to consume what brings them pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by dancindiva View Post
    I'm sorry but she's not healthy. I'm all for women and girls having positive role models but she has TWO chins (if not more). I would like women to have healthy role models, not women who party so much that they end up looking like that.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that on the whole people are afraid anymore to say someone has gotten chunky. Everyone just tiptoes around it. Maybe that's why so many women (and men for that matter) seem to think it's okay to let yourself go and become unhealthy.

She needs to exercise, plain and simple.
    Well said and ITA
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Better a fattie than a chainsmoker. Quitting may have made her gain weight, but isn't (hopefully) temporary fluff better healthwise than inhaling potent carcinogens regularly? She can always work it off. That being said - Yeah, the girl's fat.

I apologise if some of you feel that I have been using the ‘fat or skinny’ argument. I really did not mean to because I do not agree with that myself.

Obviously the middle ground is the best place to be. Everybody knows that. I was merely stating that in comparison to the emaciated celebrities these days, Charlotte looks much better. You cannot blame anyone for making that comparison as it is what we are confronted with every day in magazines and on television.

If we are expecting everybody to be perfect here then yes, I will agree that Charlotte needs to start watching her weight and exercising before she goes too far. But as of now I really don’t think she has gotten to that stage yet. But again, that is just my opinion. Believe it or not, differing opinions happen more often than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    Better a fattie than a chainsmoker. Quitting may have made her gain weight, but isn't (hopefully) temporary fluff better healthwise than inhaling potent carcinogens regularly? She can always work it off. That being said - Yeah, the girl's fat.

Well, there, now. That's additional information that could explain the weight gain. And, true, better to put on temporary weight and break the nasty addiction to the weed. But.....and this is a big butt.....you can't go from one bad habit to another. She needs to pat herself on the back for quitting and then get herself into an exercise regime or strenuous hobby or sport and limit the intake of her calories. Because as good as quitting is for you, putting on too much weight will counteract the good effects.

I am starting to get a little offended by some of the comments being made in this thread. OK, so Charlotte is no super model but she is hardly morbidly or even clinically obese.

I myself gained a lot of weight a while ago and was forced to lose it after receiving a vast amount of health warnings from my Doctor. I almost had to have a gastric bypass but pledged to do it properly. Not that I am implying that Gastric bypass’ are incorrect, I just felt that I had the ability to achieve the goal unattended.

My ex wife however, wasn’t so resolute. She weighed over 300lbs when we first met and was extremely depressed about her body. Although I loved her exactly the way she was, she refused to stay that way because she was determined to have children. I stood by her and she lost a substantial amount of weight with the bypass and managed to keep the majority of it off.

So I understand better than most that being overweight is indeed incredibly unhealthy. And I agree that Charlotte needs to start some kind of exercise regime. It just brings back awful memories for me when I see overweight people being mocked for their size.

GoldFingers,

We are not talking about you. What you choose to take personally when we are discussing young female singers is up to you.

But stop acting as though we are discussing your body. We are not.

Welcome to a celebrity gossip website in which we dish on celebrities. If you want to go to a weight loss website, there are zillions of them.....

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFingers View Post
    I am starting to get a little offended by some of the comments being made in this thread.
    GoldFingers, try not to take anything on here personally - especially about a celebrity because most of us, including myself, mock them mercilessly. If you had a weight problem, I can understand you being sensitive about calling someone fat, but you'll exhaust yourself trying to convince people not to.

Good for you for taking the initiative and losing the weight.

I should not even dignify that rubbish with a response but I shall tell you this. I loved every inch of my wife, she was a wonderful woman whose mind well outweighed her body size. And relationships are not all about sex you know. They are about psychological connection and love.

I am very aware that your posts are merely a spiteful attempt to get a raise out of me but I refuse to retort.

Cynic and Laurent, thank you for your kind words and I did not have a problem with any of your comments. You both made legitimate points that I may not have agreed with, but understood. Silver Angel’s post however was just venomous and uncalled for.
    Last edited by GoldFingers; August 17th, 2006 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No it was not at all needed. What good does it do telling somebody something that has absolutely no relevance? I did not need to hear that my wife could 'squish me like a bug' or that she mustn't have had a 'little twat'.

Comments like that are just hurtful and distasteful. I hope you think about this later (maybe when you are sober) and feel utterly disgusted with yourself.

I agree with others about Charlotte being too fat, but I think Silver was out of line with the comments about this guy's wife. He's entitled to his opinion without those kind of nasty personal stabs. Very childish.

And SA, If you find someone's sharing of personal info tiresome and whiny, why not move on yourself and ignore them? There's even a feature for that if you can't manage this on your own.

Sharing of personal info is part of what makes this board interesting. And if everyone agreed on everything it'd be a regular snoozefest here!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I agree Mrs Dark. I was wrong to share such personal information though, I should have guessed that somebody would have find some sick satisfaction in mocking it.

It happens, but it's against the rules. Something people can and do get reprimands and eventual bans for. There are a couple areas on here that require a certain number of posts/length of time as member to access that are a little better for relaying personal experiences without having to deal with bashing, as the kids who can't have an adult discussion are not likely to last long enough to be involved with those areas.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Oh right, well I'd better get posting then!

I rarely ever discuss these kinds of things with my friends and family, so I thought it might be easier to express my feelings to strangers, then I wouldn't feel awkward or embarrassed. But Silver Angel kindly crushed that theory.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information