Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Celebrity cellulite

Elite Member

^Very true. I worried about being fat, being bigger than other girls my age, and so on from age 8 or 9 and onwards; looking at pictures now, I was just as any other kid. I was tall for my age, I was early to come into puberty and I had a couple of extremely skinny friends who were late bloomers, that was all.

I expect my mother telling me that I needed to watch what I ate from childhood didn't help, either. I should probably consider myself lucky that I've never had anything even close to an eating disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by moocow View Post
    I remember when I was in ballet - probably around 6 years old, I remember thinking that my legs were huge, because there was this girl I went with who had really slim legs. The thing is, I look at pictures of myself at that age, and I had normal looking legs (although my thighs did end up rather muscular after years of ballet and gymnastics).

I've had this one friend since middle school who is very thin. I always felt big next to her. And then if you ask her, she always felt like a boy next to me. She told me she envied the fact that I had an hourglass figure in high school, because I looked womanly. It's all perspective.
    Exactly. I thought that because I had modeled that I could try out for a swimsuit calendar. Big mistake. No boobs and no hips makes a fine model but a crappy calendar girl. I went on the go-see and told the guy that I hoped he found my look "refreshing".

I always thought I was fat throughout school...looking back though I was so far from fat it makes me sick that I stopped myself from doing things (like swimming without a tshirt on) because I was so worried about how I was going to look on account of how "fat" I was. The problem was that I hit puberty so early, I had boobs and hips way before any of the other girls (who were all still built like little boys). They always made me feel bad about myself, so it just carried over...

I think its human nature to compare yourself to other people...it takes someone with a really strong will to not let little imperfections get to them.
    Dramatically overdramatic

Quote Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
    I had a girlfriend who was pretty thin but when she sat down it spread like a pancake. I don't know where it came from! I guess no muscle tone.
    Even people with muscle tone have a bit of spread when they sit down. Just normal redistribution of weight arranged in a different position. But I really feel like I did have a little less of that after I started working out with weights at 19. Sometimes I could flex or tighten up and hold in my muscles when sitting down and that would lessen the appearance. So it's somewhat of an optical illusion presuming you have at least minimal muscle control.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    why don't you monitor what she watches on t.v.?
    Please, I do monitor what she watches....

Tell me what shows to let her watch that don't show abnormally thin girls!!!

She is only allowed two hours of TV a day (1/2 in the morning, to wake up to, and 1 1/2 in the evening, which is still probably too much). She watches Disney and Nickelodeon most of the time.

But everything from print ads in magazines, to ads on public transit buses, to commercials, to the covers of music CD's are telling her that she needs to be thin to be pretty, and right now she is equating pretty with being loved.
    No matter how much we tell our children they are perfect just as they are, they are not blind. They are subject to all the pressures of society that we adults are.
    I never realized it could be so hard to be a mom sometimes.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    I've always known I was born to dominate your sex and avenge my own.

ReinaBikipatra

Ashlee:

Quote Originally Posted by Hooey View Post
    YEAH!!!! You go girl. My 7 year old who weighs 62 pounds, is skinny as a rail and absolutely gorgeous, recently told me she is worried her legs look fat when she sits down.
    When I told her 1) she is in no way fat and 2) everyone's legs spread when you are sitting, she replied "But not the girls on TV. They are skinny all the time"
    Talk about giving a mommy grey hairs. This is a second grader people!
    That reminds me of my cousin! When she was that age, I asked her why she didn't want to eat her hot dog..she replied because she didn't want to get fat. She doesn't get to watch much television and her role models aren't pop stars and movie stars..she only gets to watch certain movies and only listens to Christian music. She is going to be 12 years old this year and I think she probably only weighs 70 lbs..if that. She is a VERY VERY skinny girl.

I can't see the Ashlee pic.

Bronze Member

Default Cellulite

So, I'm trying to collect some pictures of cellulite - high quality pics. Anybody share?

one of my favs--Donatella Versace:

Bronze Member

Wow. That's crazy Cellulite. Any bigger caps?

SVZ

Is this some sort of fetish? hehehe

that's hot.

Quote Originally Posted by thetreerollins View Post
    Wow. That's crazy Cellulite. Any bigger caps?
    Ummm, no. Why do you want high resolution pics of cellulite? I mean, just head out to your local all-u-can-eat buffet in the summer and I guarantee you will see lots of cellulite up close.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information