Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celeb secrets to staying thin?

Any pills, which are so popular and easy to use, that contain opiates, will keep you from eating. I know from personal experience. It's the best diet ever...euphoria and weight loss. Then you lose your mind and it all goes to hell! Good luck Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, and the rest of Shitwood! Have fun in rehab! And embrace the weight gain. It's not THAT BAD being average, you coke whores!

On a more serious, less hostile note, I myself am trying to lose weight. My goal is 15 lbs. I have lost 7 but the other 8 are NOT coming off. I exercise 3 to 4 times a week, eat very healthy and very light, but these last 8 are really tough. ::sigh:: I just want my size 4 to fit again...

Quote Originally Posted by SnuffMaker View Post
    Hm there's:Atkins, Clen, Lean System 7, SoCal, Starvation, Speed, Coffee & Nicotine, Cocaine, Bulemia, Ephedrathe list goes on and on but that's what a lot of people are using today!
    LOL!!! and yes, I've tried a few! (but I'm not telling you which ones!). And some on your list I've never heard of......

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Just so long as it stays on my bust for as long as possible!!!
    That would be a bloody dream come true for most of us!!

Congrats on your weight loss ! whoohooo

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
    That would be a bloody dream come true for most of us!!

Congrats on your weight loss ! whoohooo
    Well, when I tell you that I was always a "Wanna-B" I'm sure you can guess why I want to keep it!

(I know all the jokes re: padded vests, etc etc! My sister was both large busted & cruel!)

I got weighed yesterday at the hospital - guess what!
    Yup NO lbs lost!!! How dimented is that?
    Nooooooo! Thats pants honey, you must be seriously miffed! Don't be worring though because it WILL come off - it just takes time (pah!) and willpower and I can tell you have that in abundance!! Go Novice!!!
    Curiouser and curiouser...

Quote Originally Posted by pinklilycat View Post
    Nooooooo! Thats pants honey, you must be seriously miffed! Don't be worring though because it WILL come off - it just takes time (pah!) and willpower and I can tell you have that in abundance!! Go Novice!!!
    Oh you are a SWEETIE!
    Just 4 days to go before I fly to LA! I always loose weight when I stay with my friend!!! She's a super cook so it's not that!

HAHA! "Will power in abundance?" Are you calling me pig-headed? (You'd be right! I am!!!!)
    I'm going to start a new thread with the proper title etc. so we don't get barred by the mods! (coz I'm way off topic! And the rest of you followed me!)

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    HA HA HA! I got weighed yesterday at the hospital - guess what!
    Yup NO lbs lost!!! How dimented is that?
    Well, if it was on one of those doctor's scales (ya know, the kind where you stand on it and they slide the thing at the top), I've noticed that they always have me weighing 7 lbs. more than my scale at home says. And I've used different home scales throughout the years.

I've mentioned this to others and they've noticed it too! Why 7 lbs., I don't know..... But I've found that it's best to stick to one scale when tracking weight loss.

Whatever the case, don't let those numbers on the scale get you frustrated. Go by how your clothes fit.

Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    Well, if it was on one of those doctor's scales (ya know, the kind where you stand on it and they slide the thing at the top), I've noticed that they always have me weighing 7 lbs. more than my scale at home says. And I've used different home scales throughout the years.

I've mentioned this to others and they've noticed it too! Why 7 lbs., I don't know..... But I've found that it's best to stick to one scale when tracking weight loss.

Whatever the case, don't let those numbers on the scale get you frustrated. Go by how your clothes fit.

Keep up the good work!
    sweetness, you're so right. I've noticed that when I get weighed at the doctor's office that I always weigh more. Therefore, I always tell the nurse...just don't tell me how much I weigh!!!!

*going to find Novice's weight loss thread because she's inspirational!!!!!!!! You go girl!*
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by prnjcq7 View Post
    sweetness, you're so right. I've noticed that when I get weighed at the doctor's office that I always weigh more. Therefore, I always tell the nurse...just don't tell me how much I weigh!!!!

*going to find Novice's weight loss thread because she's inspirational!!!!!!!! You go girl!*
    BLUSH!!!!

Gold Member

Hmmm there is baby food, chew & spit, and colonics

Quote Originally Posted by SunShine23 View Post
    Ive lost 60lbs. I dont weigh myself really, but I went from a 16 to a 6. I dont starve myself. The first time around, weight loss is much easier. I don't believe in fads-no carbs, no sugar, no bread...etc. that crap works for like a second. you are human! I just eat whole grains, proteins such as fish, chicken, sometimes lean steak like filet mignon, oatmeal, luna bars, veggies, fruits. and i have a cheat day where i have an ice cream or something. and 14-1500 cals seems a little low, especially if you are working out hard. at least for me. if i dont eat enough, i end up burning out. so-diet and exercise. just stay motivated. your body will get used to it and you'll crave exercise. i hate gimmicks. that crap led me to being virtually bulemic. so dont do it. and you dont have to abandom everything at once. try one step at a time-like instead of 5 cookies, have 2. little steps.
    Congrats on the weight loss - your method sounds the most sensible so far. I am trying to lose weight, so will try what you did.

I would also recommend to people that if they hate the gym - do aerobics classes. I do Boxercise and Tae Kwan Bo - brilliant!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cool girl View Post
    I would also recommend to people that if they hate the gym - do aerobics classes. I do Boxercise and Tae Kwan Bo - brilliant!!!
    Tae Kwon Do? I do that Hard work, but sooooooooooo worth it. I'm still sore from my workout on Saturday!

Snuff, wow...some of the err, "methods" that you've mentioned I've never even heard of. What is Clem, So-Cal and Epedrathe?
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

I've lost about 10 pounds, and it's showing a little. I have 5 to 10 more to go. I am between 115 and 120. I have always been thin so I think 110 will be good. Caffeine is really great for curbing the appetite. For lattes, get skim milk and sugar free flavoring. If you want more than one shot of espresso, stay at the tall size (usually 12 oz) and add the extra shot(s). This way you get your caffeine with less milk calories. The key for me was getting used to just eating small snacks instead of large meals. I avoid soda, beer, and juice. Just water, Crystal Light, and occasional whiskey. After a while, your stomach gets used to smaller amounts of food, you get fuller faster, and eventually no longer feel the need to get totally full. I try for no more than 1000 (though it's more like 1200 some days) calories a day and exercise at least 3 times a week. It's working, but slowly!

Byrdi - from a calorie intake perspective you might not be getting enough. From what I've read the calorie intake shouldn't go below 1200 a day, especially if you are exercising on top of that. Apparently, the body can go into 'starvation' mode, actually conserving fat due to a perceived famine.

I'm certainly no expert, but thought I'd throw it out there. Maybe a reason your loss has seemed slow to you?

Anyhoo - congrats on the loss!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information