Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celeb secrets to staying thin?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    Oh yeah, another thing that is big out here is these powedered nutritional packets. You can buy them at Whole Foods. And they have a day's worth of nutrients in them and you just put them in a drink and drink it. Some of them are called "green" or "superfoods." Many celebs use these as their whole diet and no food. But many others just use them as an addition to healthy stuff.
    This sounds scary. I couldn't imagine living on that without getting depressed. Makes me glad I'm skinny and can eat whatever I want. If that ever changes (that's not the tendency in my family, but you never know), I think I'll just stick to smaller portions.

Quote Originally Posted by prnjcq7 View Post
    Thanks Cali & coolios! Actually doesn't sound too unreasonable. I used Atkins to drop from 215 lbs down to 130 lbs in '04. However, I've managed to gain back about 15-20 of those pesky lbs, so I'm just trying to get motivated. I think just being healthy and active, along with plenty of H20 is really the best way.

I wish I had a Whole Foods nearby...the closest one is over 1 hour from my home. I've always wanted to go there

Lynnie, how much weight do you want to lose? Perhaps we can start a GR New Years Resolution group...?
    WOW!!! Well Done!!! How long did it take?

I've read all your hints & tops and seem to do most things - however whenever my bloods are done my thyroid comes back as boardline - but my doc just goes "oh that's fine" however I have a real problem shifting the weight. I eat well, am active although I do have problems motivating myself to excercise (due to not seeing any progress) and have lost a couple of pounds.... I'm due for surgery in Feb and have been trying really hard to loose a bit for that... I've maybe lost an inch off my hips....

Its got to the point that even my chappie (who regularly states that he loves me no matter what I weigh) has mentioned that he can't believe that I've not lost much..... (bless him)

H-e-l-p...

(and can I join any support group... please? I have lots to loose! )

^^Aww honey, I'm sorry it's not going too well. I'm afraid I don't have too many hints or tips and I'm sure that most of them are phony anyway! It really does sound like you have a thyroid problem if the weight just won't shift - perhaps you should change doctors?
    Curiouser and curiouser...

Quote Originally Posted by pinklilycat View Post
    ^^Aww honey, I'm sorry it's not going too well. I'm afraid I don't have too many hints or tips and I'm sure that most of them are phony anyway! It really does sound like you have a thyroid problem if the weight just won't shift - perhaps you should change doctors?

Just done that! (& the nurse seems pretty good) I've been having a battery of tests and all hormones seem to be linked, so fingers crossed! Once I've had the surgery I'm hoping that we'll be able to balance it all out!

in the mean time I'll continue to smile when GR posters have a dream size of 6 (mine is 14 (UK). Oh - part Polish so have a "sturdy" build...) and as I go shopping in LA in Jan (I've treated myself prior to visiting Dr Slice & Dice (I was going to ask him to do some lipo at the same time, but he thinks I'm a bit crazy as it is.... I get home on the same day as I'm being admited! No point in hanging around!). I used to think that I was being stared at because I was being checked out but after Callimoon talked about size maybe they just think I'm Kirsty Alley (LOL!).

I remember someone quoted the "choose between your butt & your face" thing.. I seem to have no choice hee hee! Got to look on the bright side! I can pass for 15....

I hope it all goes really well for you luvvie!! Have tons of fun shopping in LA and I hope you come back feeling refreshed and brand new!
    Curiouser and curiouser...

Quote Originally Posted by pinklilycat View Post
    I hope it all goes really well for you luvvie!! Have tons of fun shopping in LA and I hope you come back feeling refreshed and brand new!
    Fank U!
    I have a little good news... it IS coming off! I saw a friend at new year and she noticed! (and she'd not say it if I hadn't just to plump my ego), but will know more on the 9th!
    Now I'm unhappy that its coming off my hips & the tops of my legs instead of my tummy! LOL
    Just so long as it stays on my bust for as long as possible!!!

I heard from someone in the know that they eat cotton balls to fill up and not ingest calories.

Bon apetit!

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaurita View Post
    I heard from someone in the know that they eat cotton balls to fill up and not ingest calories.

Bon apetit!
    That doesn't make sense; just because it's not something people normally eat doesn't mean it doesn't have calories. Everything has calories, since it's the measure of the heat given off when you burn something. They'd be better off eating lettuce - at least then they would get some nutritional value for the same amount of calories.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    WOW!!! Well Done!!! How long did it take?

I've read all your hints & tops and seem to do most things - however whenever my bloods are done my thyroid comes back as boardline - but my doc just goes "oh that's fine" however I have a real problem shifting the weight. I eat well, am active although I do have problems motivating myself to excercise (due to not seeing any progress) and have lost a couple of pounds.... I'm due for surgery in Feb and have been trying really hard to loose a bit for that... I've maybe lost an inch off my hips....

Its got to the point that even my chappie (who regularly states that he loves me no matter what I weigh) has mentioned that he can't believe that I've not lost much..... (bless him)

H-e-l-p...

(and can I join any support group... please? I have lots to loose! )
    Hi there Novice!

Awww...I know all too well what it's like to struggle w/hormone issues. I have a benign pituitary gland tumor (secretes hormones into my blood that causes tons of icky side effects, weight gain being one) that causes my weight to fluctuate like you wouldn't BELIEVE--so frustrusting. Thyroid is different though, so I am glad to see that you've been talking to a doctor.

BLESS YOUR MAN for being so good to you...my last boyfriend broke up with me partially because I started to gain weight back from my Atkins diet. That's another lonnnnnnnng story!

Anywho, it took me about a year and a few months to lose all the weight...it wasn't easy, but all I did was follow the Atkins/low carb plan and it just melted away until I was going, WOW I'm a size 8 US!!!!!!!!!! I felt so great...and then I met the boyfriend, got on the pill and started to gain it back...sucked However, now that it's the New Year...I'm going to start to get back on some reduction plan...

CONGRATS for your weight loss!!!! WAY TO GO! Most importantly...do you feel better? Because that is all that matters...

Anyone that wants to join a group, we should form a GR support area...?
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaurita View Post

Bon apetit!
    DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT do this. Seriously. It can and will seriously mess u your digestive system. I have an article I can post on it, let me find it.

But seriously.. nobody try this. Its not worth it.

Hi there Novice!

Awww...I know all too well what it's like to struggle w/hormone issues. I have a benign pituitary gland tumor (secretes hormones into my blood that causes tons of icky side effects, weight gain being one) that causes my weight to fluctuate like you wouldn't BELIEVE--so frustrusting. Thyroid is different though, so I am glad to see that you've been talking to a doctor.

BLESS YOUR MAN for being so good to you...my last boyfriend broke up with me partially because I started to gain weight back from my Atkins diet. That's another lonnnnnnnng story!

Anywho, it took me about a year and a few months to lose all the weight...it wasn't easy, but all I did was follow the Atkins/low carb plan and it just melted away until I was going, WOW I'm a size 8 US!!!!!!!!!! I felt so great...and then I met the boyfriend, got on the pill and started to gain it back...sucked However, now that it's the New Year...I'm going to start to get back on some reduction plan...

CONGRATS for your weight loss!!!! WAY TO GO! Most importantly...do you feel better? Because that is all that matters...

Anyone that wants to join a group, we should form a GR support area...?
    But you can DO this! You've proved that coz you've already done it once! However, remember we both know it takes a while!

Thank you for your encouragement! How does the pill effect your pituary gland & it's benign tumour? Aren't screwy hormones a pain in the bum!

Ah - my man..... mmmm Believe me, I've been through the A***holes too! I do thank the gods every day for him, but I tell myself it's mutual!

I feel FAB with my weight loss! I'm definately doing this for me. I LOVE clothes and get vey frustrated at the moment. I won't buy any clothes at the moment due to my size and I LOVE shopping! I'm using the goal of a complete wardrobe re-stock as motivation! (I've got £200 quid so far & have only been doing this a couple of months! Maybe I'll blow it all on 3 designer pieces by the time I've finished... or a pair of shoes - much more likely...)

Let me know how you get on, sweetheart! You can do this!

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT do this. Seriously. It can and will seriously mess u your digestive system. I have an article I can post on it, let me find it.

But seriously.. nobody try this. Its not worth it.
    HAHAHA!!! You mean people actually do this? URGH!!!! (cotton wool being squeeky on your teeth... urgh!!!!)

I'm VERY fussy about what i put in my mouth Quality yes, quantity no...

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    But you can DO this! You've proved that coz you've already done it once! However, remember we both know it takes a while!

Thank you for your encouragement! How does the pill effect your pituary gland & it's benign tumour? Aren't screwy hormones a pain in the bum!

Ah - my man..... mmmm Believe me, I've been through the A***holes too! I do thank the gods every day for him, but I tell myself it's mutual!

I feel FAB with my weight loss! I'm definately doing this for me. I LOVE clothes and get vey frustrated at the moment. I won't buy any clothes at the moment due to my size and I LOVE shopping! I'm using the goal of a complete wardrobe re-stock as motivation! (I've got 200 quid so far & have only been doing this a couple of months! Maybe I'll blow it all on 3 designer pieces by the time I've finished... or a pair of shoes - much more likely...)

Let me know how you get on, sweetheart! You can do this!

HAHAHA!!! You mean people actually do this? URGH!!!! (cotton wool being squeeky on your teeth... urgh!!!!)

I'm VERY fussy about what i put in my mouth Quality yes, quantity no...

Aww, thanks for the encouragement Novice! I've decided that Monday is "D" day for my diet/health plan. I'm going away this weekend, so the whole diet plan will get tossed for sure. But next week...I'm going full steam ahead!! We'll have to keep checking in with each other for our progress.

Now, as far as the "eating cotton balls" thing...I have heard of that. But I heard a slight variation--that they dip the cotton in orange juice before they swallow it. I always thought it was an urban legend or something but...whoa! I can't believe people do this.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Aww, thanks for the encouragement Novice! I've decided that Monday is "D" day for my diet/health plan. I'm going away this weekend, so the whole diet plan will get tossed for sure. But next week...I'm going full steam ahead!! We'll have to keep checking in with each other for our progress.

Now, as far as the "eating cotton balls" thing...I have heard of that. But I heard a slight variation--that they dip the cotton in orange juice before they swallow it. I always thought it was an urban legend or something but...whoa! I can't believe people do this.
    (In reverse order...) THAT is TOTALLY GROSS!!!! EUGH!

Have a FAB weekend! (I'm hoping that the time difference is enough for you to read this before you go!); hopefully it'll be kind of like the reward before the work? (If that makes sense?)

My big deal is that today I wore my (US) size 14 Gap jeans! Even a month ago I couldn't do them up! They're still tight - but around the waist (what's that about? I'm pear shaped & my waist was always one size smaller than my hips!), but loose on my hips (ok, loose enough, we're not talking hanging off here!). I don't think I'll ever be a US size 8 (even at my skinniest which was 133lb - which did look thin on me - coz my daddy said so!) I was still a Gap 9 in slim cut jeans....

When you come back lets start that thread on progress? How about it?

Enjoy your weekend! X

HA HA HA! I got weighed yesterday at the hospital - guess what!
    Yup NO lbs lost!!! How dimented is that?

Gold Member

Hm there's:Atkins, Clen, Lean System 7, SoCal, Starvation, Speed, Coffee & Nicotine, Cocaine, Bulemia, Ephedrathe list goes on and on but that's what a lot of people are using today!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information