Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Carnie Wilson Sacked For Not Losing Weight

I don't feel sorry for her.

She needs good psychiatric help as well as a good diet, but she needs to want to change, to hunger for it, as it were. You have to want to be thin more than you want chocolate...
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

omg she's so short and yet she sooooo huuuuuuuuuuge!! I can't get over it! I'm an inch shorter than her and I cannot even imagine 160lbs much less 300lbs.

I love how it's not the cheesecake, it's her pancreas! Bahahahaha!!

I have a close pal who had bypass surgery a few years back. At one time, she was slimmer than me (she'd lost about 180 pounds), and she's creeping back up. I think some people just think of themselves as "fat" and it's difficult to view themselves any other way.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I have a close pal who had bypass surgery a few years back. At one time, she was slimmer than me (she'd lost about 180 pounds), and she's creeping back up. I think some people just think of themselves as "fat" and it's difficult to view themselves any other way.
    Is it that they view themselves as "fat" or is it that they stuff themselves towards "fat"?

Can you elaborate on this "view themselves" comment? What do you mean? It's interesting.

It's that fat people who undergo these surgeries haven't addressed the underlying issues of what caused them to get fat. They haven't dealt with portion control which is absolutely one of the hardest things to deal with in terms of losing weight. Especially in American/western lifestyles and diets where from a very young age they are 'taught' to stuff themselves and go beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    It's that fat people who undergo these surgeries haven't addressed the underlying issues of what caused them to get fat. They haven't dealt with portion control which is absolutely one of the hardest things to deal with in terms of losing weight. Especially in American/western lifestyles and diets where from a very young age they are 'taught' to stuff themselves and go beyond.
    That's more behavioural vs. self view. I was wondering if Brookie meant something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    She needs good psychiatric help as well as a good diet, but she needs to want to change, to hunger for it, as it were. You have to want to be thin more than you want chocolate...
    Bingo. That's the point I had to get to when I wanted to lose weight. I had to be so sick of being overweight that the next cookie or piece of cake or chip wasn't worth it anymore.

Also she was replaced, as the host, on The Newlywed Game. I wonder if this had anything to do with it. Her reality show tanked too (I haven't seen it on)
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

No, I'd go with childhood issues combined with the whole LA-live-on-your-looks lifestyle. But the other stuff could have an impact too.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Bingo. That's the point I had to get to when I wanted to lose weight. I had to be so sick of being overweight that the next cookie or piece of cake or chip wasn't worth it anymore.
    It's weird that looking in a full length mirror every day isn't enough for her. She's really huge.

Then again, I haven't done a lot about these extra 10/15lbs on me. Maybe it's the same thing for her but on a bigger scale.

What triggered me is that I hated myself for letting myself go, and how hard it was to find clothes in my size.

Carnie may really need some psychiatric help to address her underlying food issues. Gastric Bypass surgery may help in the short run, but too many people fail when they think they can still eat the same way post-surgery. For most people, losing weight is easy compared to maintaining the weight loss. I know I'm having to accept this as a permanant lifestyle change, and I can't really go back to my old ways.

Eating and promoting cheesecake while promoting a diet isn't the smartest thing in the world either.

I hope she can turn this around.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

I still don't get how you manage to get back to your original weight after having most of your stomach closed off? Is this a case of eating small amounts constantly or does the very tiny stomach you now have just eventually stretch out to it's original size? Can anybody enlighten me? I visit a diet forum frequently and there is a section for those who had WLS. They took a poll recently and I swear a large percentage of them managed to eat their way back to where they started. WTF is the point of having surgery if it's so easily reversible?

fgg

the problem is that they don't change their lifestyle and end up going back to eating large amounts and stretching their stomachs back out.

i saw an episode of mtv's true life about people who had either undergone or where going to have some sort of stomach stapling type procedure and it was really fascinating. one guy who had it done went and had lost all of the weight just started absolutely gorging himself at a diner. he ate a couple huge plates of food and then 3 or so milkshakes. i wanted to puke just watching him eat it! he ended up throwing all of it up later.

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    I still don't get how you manage to get back to your original weight after having most of your stomach closed off? Is this a case of eating small amounts constantly or does the very tiny stomach you now have just eventually stretch out to it's original size? Can anybody enlighten me? I visit a diet forum frequently and there is a section for those who had WLS. They took a poll recently and I swear a large percentage of them managed to eat their way back to where they started. WTF is the point of having surgery if it's so easily reversible?
    From what I understand, your body metabolism slows and your body compensates by becoming ultraefficient in extracting energy (calories) from food. In addition, the 2 people I know who had bariatric eat high fat and high sugar diets. They adapted to the "dumping" syndrome and no longer vomit if they eat ice cream or potato chips. The human body is a master of compensation, whether it be loss of eyesight, or loss of stomach and/or intestine.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information