Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Carnie Wilson

but it's not even airbrushed!! It looks like it was done by a 10 year old in that third pic Brilliant. I'd be pissed off if I was her..

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    I saw the Playboy pics recently, and she looked bigger than 135 lbs., but she wasn't chubby or anything. She's either in denial about her weight, or she thinks we're all blind and stupid.
    Yeah, she looked closer to 145-150. Not chubby, nothing to be ashamed of as far as her size goes, but those pics are just so strange and awkward looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondette View Post
    BTW I have NO idea who this woman is. Who is she?
    Her dad is one of the Beach Boys.

Back in the '80s she sang with the pop trio Wilson Phillips.

After letting her weight get out of control again, Carnie is determined to shed off the pounds and keep it off! "I have a completely different mindset," the singer tells OK!. "I turned 40 in April and something clicked."

In March, Carnie weighed 208 lbs., telling OK! she had "hit rock bottom." With a diet and exercise plan, she's down to 193 lbs now and wants to lose 30 more.

Dining on such meals as squash spaghetti has helped Carnie lose 15 lbs. "The evening is really hard for me," she says. "I have to force myself not to eat."

Carnie is cognizant of teaching daughter Lola, 3, the importance of healthy eating. "I tell her, 'Vegetables are good for you. We want to be healthy and feel good,'" she says.

OK! Magazine - The best celebrity photos and videos updated daily - Carnie Wilson
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

^^ so she WAS up to 200 + pounds in March...so when she said 'that' was an outright lie, then THAT was an outright lie?

Still like her regardless. She is beautiful as she is now. Look at her face! Flawless.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

waiting for the Madam to return with the whip

I've never been the tiniest bit overweight. Out of shape and flabby, yes. But never ever overweight. Each time I was pregnant I would be reprimanded by my docs and told to eat more.

I don't have an eating disorder, I just don't like food.

That being said, I have a lot of sympathy for those who struggle with weight.

When a person is even a little bit heavy it can seem like everything they do to lose weight is in vain.
    I couldn't imagine trying to lose weight, it is apparent with all the weight loss solutions out there that nothing is clear cut absolutely going to work.

I can only assume that when you are heavy it can seem like nothing is going to work and like it is an uphill battle all the time.

Some might say that people who are fat deserve it. I don't think so. I think it is way more complicated than that.

I couldnt imagine trying to lose weight, it must be so hard!

Because even though I am not overweight I still can't get my flab into shape! And it should be easier for me, I don't have fat to burn off before I can get into shape, right?

Carnie and others like her have my sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    ^^ so she WAS up to 200 + pounds in March...so when she said 'that' was an outright lie, then THAT was an outright lie?

Still like her regardless. She is beautiful as she is now. Look at her face! Flawless.
    I will say, her face really is pretty. She was also the best singer in Wilson Phillips.

Yes, she is pretty.. However, am I suppose to forget that she ate through her gastric bypass surgery? Diet and exercise..you had your stomach stapled..shouldn't this have been under control then!?!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ yeah really; thats pretty fucking sad.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Yes, she is pretty.. However, am I suppose to forget that she ate through her gastric bypass surgery? Diet and exercise..you had your stomach stapled..shouldn't this have been under control then!?!
    I agree totally. Bypass surgery is no joke, you put yourself at risk and go all over the media with this procedure, people think this is some 'miracle cure,' and yet you STILL gain a lot of weight.

The only way this can happen is if the stomach stretches over time. Without proper portion control and controlling your eating habits, nothing will help you lose weight and keep it off.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

She Really Had To Work Hard At Packing Those Pounds Back On Huh

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    I agree totally. Bypass surgery is no joke, you put yourself at risk and go all over the media with this procedure, people think this is some 'miracle cure,' and yet you STILL gain a lot of weight.

The only way this can happen is if the stomach stretches over time. Without proper portion control and controlling your eating habits, nothing will help you lose weight and keep it off.
    Exactly -- I have a friend who had this done in the spring. I have been so curious and asking her a TON of questions -- like, if your stomach is only as big a thumb, how will you eventually STOP losing weight?

She was telling me that after you've recovered from the surgery and have lost that first initial bunch of weight, the emotional part of your eating issues returns -- the surgery doesn't fix that. At about the same time, your stomach starts stretching. Also, if you go through a process called "dumping" where you eat too much at once, your body goes through this icky process and you are sick for a few days, but then your tolerance for overeating and junk food increases and you can start on the path to be right back where you were before you had the procedure.

I remember reading that Carnie claims it was snacking that caused her to gain most of her weight back. She'd snack constantly and the calories added up, I guess.

I can't imagine how miserable it must be to have major abdominal surgery and end up right back where you started.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Exactly -- I have a friend who had this done in the spring. I have been so curious and asking her a TON of questions -- like, if your stomach is only as big a thumb, how will you eventually STOP losing weight?

She was telling me that after you've recovered from the surgery and have lost that first initial bunch of weight, the emotional part of your eating issues returns -- the surgery doesn't fix that. At about the same time, your stomach starts stretching. Also, if you go through a process called "dumping" where you eat too much at once, your body goes through this icky process and you are sick for a few days, but then your tolerance for overeating and junk food increases and you can start on the path to be right back where you were before you had the procedure.
    Dumping is caused by eating foods high in sugar that no one who had Gastric Bypass should be eating in the first place. I have friends who had GB, you are warned in the seminars, by the doctors, and nutritionist. The person inflicts this on themselves!

Dumping syndrome

Normally, the pyloric valve at the lower end of the stomach regulates the release of food into the bowel. When the Gastric Bypass patient eats a sugary food, the sugar passes rapidly into the bowel, where it gives rise to a physiological reaction called dumping syndrome. An affected person feels his heart beating rapidly and forcefully, breaks into a cold sweat, gets a feeling of butterflies in the stomach, and has a "sky is falling" type of anxiety. He/she usually has to lie down, and is very uncomfortable for about 30 to 45 minutes. Diarrhea may then follow. The dumping syndrome is a response to a behavior which the patient should not be doing anyway: eating sugary foods. It is not life-threatening, and may assist one in making healthier food choices.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Elite Member

Thanks SS Diva. I didn't remember what exactly it was, but I know that once you dump and get through the awfulness of it, you can continually abuse that food.

I agree -- why go to the trouble of re-routing your entire digestive system if you are not going to suck it up and follow the life plan that you need to to make the surgery successful?

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Thanks SS Diva. I didn't remember what exactly it was, but I know that once you dump and get through the awfulness of it, you can continually abuse that food.

I agree -- why go to the trouble of re-routing your entire digestive system if you are not going to suck it up and follow the life plan that you need to to make the surgery successful?
    This is my thing, they sell these WLS as a cure. They make you meet with a psychiatrist and dietitian a few times, and that's it. Never getting to the core issues to why they are that way to begin with... A friend of mine had the mindset, "I can still eat what I want, only in small amounts" She had her surgery January '06,' Bitch is almost back to pre-surgery weight(maybe off like 5lbs).
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information