Login to remove the ads!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Carnie Wilson Has Weight-Loss Surgery Again

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Best of luck to ya Charmed! Hope it goes smoothly! Keep us in the loop if you don't mind--I'm curious how it all goes down. Not to be nosey of course....

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Wishing you lots of success Charmed!

Thank you! I'll check in ASAP- then I'll bitch and moan about "why did I do this to myself!?!?!"

You're in the right place for bitching and moaning! And support!

I got a ton of advice, support and ears that listened to my constant complaining after I had surgery last year--it was great to be able to ask questions of people who had gone through the same thing. Comforting and very helpful. So feel free to bitch and moan away!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    You're in the right place for bitching and moaning! And support!

I got a ton of advice, support and ears that listened to my constant complaining after I had surgery last year--it was great to be able to ask questions of people who had gone through the same thing. Comforting and very helpful. So feel free to bitch and moan away!
    Now you're in for it! Permission to bitch has been granted!

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Charmed, why don't you start your own thread about this, both for support from us and in case anyone else (like guests) is considering this and wonders what it would be like. It would be very interesting and informative.
    dexter7 likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

As if any of us actually need permission!

Good luck from me too! I have loads of weight to lose but because of where I live this isn't an option for me, so it fascinates me!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Charmed, why don't you start your own thread about this, both for support from us and in case anyone else (like guests) is considering this and wonders what it would be like. It would be very interesting and informative.
    I second the thread suggestion---that way if someone else on the board decides to have the same procedure, or is thinking about it, there is something for them to reference. And in addition, other posters who have been through it already can add their experiences as well. But if you would perfer to keep it quieter, that is certainly understandable. Either way, you are amongst friends!

Elite Member

Thank you ladies! I've actually started a blog for family/friends. Please feel free to read it! Swimming to the Lighthouse

Thank you! I'll check in ASAP- then I'll bitch and moan about "why did I do this to myself!?!?!"
    No. I did it 9 years ago and have never once said "why did I do this to myself?" It's an exciting start to a new, healthier life. You already know about the head work so you're a step ahead of many. You will be such a big loser!!
    nana51 likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    No. I did it 9 years ago and have never once said "why did I do this to myself?" It's an exciting start to a new, healthier life. You already know about the head work so you're a step ahead of many. You will be such a big loser!!
    The people I know irl all have told me once you're about a month out all the "poor me" or "why" drop by the wayside. They have also told me week 2 is "Hell Week". I'm such a big baby I'm going to be pissing and moaning all over the place. LOL

I did not experience that. By week 2, I was feeling great. I was at the gym, on the treadmill and loving life.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Because fat eats talent. It's like body fat percentage, you have a talent percentage and if the fat takes over you lose a percentage of your talent. It's scientific, I read it in Rolling Stone or maybe saw it on MTV.
    Yes it's true. Just look at the beautiful, svelte LeAnn Rimes. No one is as talented as her!
    Coffee is my happy drug

Transfer addictions are very popular after WLS. I'm in the process of having WLS (Wednesday, actually) and like my surgeon keeps saying, "I'm operating on your stomach not your head." and encourages active and continuous therapy.
    Wow. Good luck!
    Coffee is my happy drug

Charmed - I'm thinking of you and wishing you a successful surgery tomorrow. Please update us once you feel up to it.
    dexter7 likes this.

Judging by her episode of Wife Swap, she has a massive loser of a husband who basically hides out all day and night in his "studio" and ignores her and their kids (without ever having managed to accomplish any success in his career as a musician, except apparently being a "producer" for latter day Wilson Phillips).

Her hubby got ripped a new on the Wife Swap thread on TWoP and he actually came in and posted. Seemed like a douchenozzle.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

I had gastric bypass four years ago this May. I lost 180 at my lowest and have maintained 160 pounds off overall. But I went to OA for years prior to surgery. I definitely wouldn't call myself a success yet, but I'm on my way. I also set myself up for long-term success as much as possible by addressing my eating problems. The surgery was for the weight.

I met so many people who thought the surgery would fix everything and were shocked when it didn't. It's a huge, huge thing to have any of the weight loss surgeries and I think serious counseling should be a pre-requisite for having it. Surgery changes your body but not your mind. And short of an actual medical problem being the reason behind your obesity, surgery without addressing the mental aspects behind eating flat out won't work long term.

I hope Carnie has addressed her issues.

*I hope your surgery goes well Charmed! Didn't see that before I posted.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information