Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears packing on pounds instead of dropping weight after baby

Elite Member

Default Re: Britney Spears packing on pounds instead of dropping weight after baby

^^I'm with you Clarksonsmom, I know what serious devotion it takes to lose the last 5 or 10 lbs. Both to exercise and eating clean. I wouldn't blame Britney for slacking off during this time.

Default Re: Britney Spears packing on pounds instead of dropping weight after baby

I know the serious devotion it takes to drop a lot of weight and the time it takes, I know how I will feel when I'm lean, I know I'll love the attention, etc. but here I am still fat and pizza sounds good right now. It's the weighing of what we want more, it's a "click" and then we go for it. She hasn't come to that place yet.
    quote]

ITA and I have been so there, after I had my daughter. Its so hard to find the motivation, but when it clicks, it clicks. 2 1/2 years later and I finally feel somewhat attractive again. I was one of those unlucky ones whose body/hormones refused to let go of the last bit of weight.

Britney is young and has all the resources in the world. When she sees the value in being in her best shape again, no doubt she will get there very quickly. I would like to see her dress better for her body type, but she certainly isn't fat as she is now.

I personally am going to leave Britney alone. Let her be a size 6, or 8 at the most(god forbid)if thats what she wants for now.

gahahahahah.
    britney, darling, i know you must have fun singing in the mirror your 90s chart topper, hit me baby one more time...except your saying,.."let me see them one more time"..youll never get to see your feet again, your sol baybehh.

I'm sorry but her ugly ass was NEVER stunning.. Just polished hillbilly talentedless trash.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

She's pregnant, again.

While she seemed to have a great body in her prime, she did have the 'fat' potential lurking... ahh, I'm trying to explain something, hehe.

What I MEAN, is that she had chubby thighs from the start- she's not a slim build at all. She has large lower and small up top- well she did originally, but she got the breast implants to balance it out, because then her hips didn't look as large.

I like to think her weight gain is karma's way of teaching her the fallacy of building a career and one's own self-identity SOLELY around what you look like. Unfortunately that's what many girls and women already believe, that their sense of self-worth revolves around what they look like and nothing else, and Britney becoming such a huge star made this worse. It's horribly vain, shallow, one-dimensional and self-damaging thinking--NOT right at all and MANY people go through it.

Can you imagine the mindfuck she's going through right now, thinking how ugly, unworthy, unhappy, etc. she is now that she doesn't have a "hot" body? Worse, knowing that's what made her famous in the first place and wondering what is she now without it. I wonder if she's smart enough to put it together?

The promotion of superficial values is what made me hate her in the first place (that and that she couldn't sing worth a shit, yet was still made a superstar). So in my ideal world, she'd mature emotionally, stop acting like a twit in public, learn that there is a lot more to life than looking good and having everyone admire you for it. Maybe do some good in the world, a la Angelina. And you know, WORK at singing better for god's sake! Here's to wishful thinking, huh?

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch
    I like to think her weight gain is karma's way of teaching her the fallacy of building a career and one's own self-identity SOLELY around what you look like. Unfortunately that's what many girls and women already believe, that their sense of self-worth revolves around what they look like and nothing else, and Britney becoming such a huge star made this worse. It's horribly vain, shallow, one-dimensional and self-damaging thinking--NOT right at all and MANY people go through it.

Can you imagine the mindfuck she's going through right now, thinking how ugly, unworthy, unhappy, etc. she is now that she doesn't have a "hot" body? Worse, knowing that's what made her famous in the first place and wondering what is she now without it. I wonder if she's smart enough to put it together?

The promotion of superficial values is what made me hate her in the first place (that and that she couldn't sing worth a shit, yet was still made a superstar). So in my ideal world, she'd mature emotionally, stop acting like a twit in public, learn that there is a lot more to life than looking good and having everyone admire you for it. Maybe do some good in the world, a la Angelina. And you know, WORK at singing better for god's sake! Here's to wishful thinking, huh?
    Wordy mcword to everything you've said. You summed up succeintly everything truly horrid about her fame and why she's been a detriment to women in general. Personally I don't think she's quite smart enough to figure all of that out and probably is totally miserable without a clue why and doesn't understand why the public doesn't adore her like they did old skinnier Brit.

Unfortunately that's what many girls and women already believe, that their sense of self-worth revolves around what they look like and nothing else,
    Yeah, well we got a couple of them on this board if you haven't figured that out. They constant ragging about weight and skin care is very telling. What do you do when your entire self worth is built on how you look and eventually time catches up with you? How do you cope with that if you haven't developed other parts of your person, like your intellect or your talents? Sad.

Wordy mcword to the both of you. This is an alarming mentality that shows no signs of slowing down, even with all the feminist movements going on. It really, truly scares the crap out of me.
    2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss
    Wordy mcword to the both of you. This is an alarming mentality that shows no signs of slowing down, even with all the feminist movements going on. It really, truly scares the crap out of me.
    Gah, you're scared? I have two daughters, my oldest (4 years old) pointed out a woman in a tv commercial to me and said "she's hot!" Baffled, I questioned her. Turns out a 4 year old's definition of hot is long hair, big boobs and a smile. So it begins. Now we are talking about what makes people and things beautiful (hot is not a term I'm interested in her taking on just yet), but it's a slippery slope. Egads ... she's only 4!

Oh man, cloud, that's scary about your daughter. Good thing they have a parent who's at least aware and concerned about these things. I myself cringe at the prospect of having kids, esp. if they're girls, for that very reason. The Britneys of the world. It's awful to see how that mentality messes people up so badly, robs them of their self-esteem.

God, I realize I sound so feminist and I'm not even, just an avid observer of human behavior. It does bother me, though...

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator
    Wordy mcword to everything you've said.
    Heh heh, this is funny. Did you make that up?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia
    Heh heh, this is funny. Did you make that up?
    Nope, stolen from televisionwithoutpity.com forums. Used when you agree with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator
    Used when you agree with someone.
    Yeah, I got that impression. I like it.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkstonsMom

Every pic we see of her she has a sugary drink or Mickey D's in her hand...I'd say she's just eating for all those years starving and working her butt off to look good.

Either she'll decide to start working out and starving again to get back to where she was or she'll decide just to hang out, spend her money and be a Mom.

I'm in the same boat. I've lost the weight before. I know the serious devotion it takes to drop a lot of weight and the time it takes, I know how I will feel when I'm lean, I know I'll love the attention, etc. but here I am still fat and pizza sounds good right now. It's the weighing of what we want more, it's a "click" and then we go for it. She hasn't come to that place yet.

I think I may have.

What I would give to have her bod when she was 19-20!
    I have the same problem. I got preggo, then discovered food I had denied myself becasue I wanted to stay skinny. I gained 60 pounds when I was preggo. I have only lost about 20 of it. I really need to buckle down and drop at few!
    Jen
    Been There, Done That, See My Unpublished Works!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information