Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aretha Franklin's feeling lighter

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Stevie Wonder himself ain't no "Little Stevie Wonder" anymore, either!
    True, but he doesn't have two lethal weapons attached to his chest either.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    True, but he doesn't have two lethal weapons attached to his chest either.

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

SSDiva...did you have to post pics of Star Jones?

She has always had an impressive set of vocal cords.

But on this particular night, Aretha Franklin's spaghetti straps were the real stars.
    Somehow, in defiance of gravity, physics and probability, the two thin black cords managed to keep the singer's frock at a decent level on her generous frame.

Scroll down for more...
    Taking the strain: Aretha's tiny spaghetti straps are put to the test

Queen of Soul: But the years have taken their toll on Aretha's once slender figure

The 65-year-old was attending a tribute evening in Los Angeles, where she was honoured as the 2008 MusiCares Person of the Year.
    Miss Franklin was recogised for her achievements as a musician and for her philanthropic work in the Detroit area where she grew up.

Although she may no longer have her famous slender figure from her sixties singing heydey, but the Respect music legend demonstrated she still knows how to make an entrance.
    Driven into the Los Angeles Convention Centre hall on a golf cart, Aretha shed a magnificent long, white fur coat to reveal a black gown held up by the thinnest of spaghetti straps, splashed with sequins and a mermaid-like taffeta trim.
    Scroll down for more...
    All woman: Music legend Aretha Franklin sparkles in her black, mermaid gown

A black turban topped her head.
    Her straining gown threatened to overshadow the event, however. She said : "This gown is so tight. It took me about 20 minutes to get in the car.
    "I'm not kidding. I tried to get in the car 40 different ways."

But getting to the ceremony had been problem enough, and not just because of her tight dress. Aretha has a famous fear of flying. She said: "It took us about six days to get out here from Detroit.
    "I'll be flying next week. If I ever wanted to fly again, I do now. I know how the people in covered wagons felt."
    Although her appearance may have changed dramatically over the decades the musician proved that her voice is still as strong as ever.
    She was the evening's final performer at the Musicare charitable tribute and took to the stage with a standing ovation.
    She then launched into a medley, highlighted by "Chain of Fools" and sat at a piano to play and sing "A Woman Falling Out of Love", from a soon-to-be-released album.
    Scroll down for more...
    Heyday: Aretha in the swinging sixties

She even received a video message from former US president Bill Clinton.
    He told her: "Aretha Franklin, you're a true national treasure."
    She was honoured for her achievements as a musician and for her charity work with children's organisations, churches and food banks in the Detroit area where she grew up, the daughter of a Baptist minister.

The dinner and auction raised more than 2.5 million for MusiCare, the highest grossing evening in its 15-year history.
    Aretha had been nominated for her eighteenth 18th Grammy, with the awards taking place in L.A. last night, for a gospel performance for a duet with Mary J. Blige. She has topped the US charts 18 times with different singles and has already been awarded the Living Legend Grammy and Lifetime Achievement Grammy.

Larger than life: Aretha Franklin is still a big, big star | the Daily Mail

Good luck Aretha. Losing weight at that age is gonna be tough, but she is in it for the long haul, so I wish her all the best!

Girlfriend wasn't look lighter at the Grammy's. But the Queen can belt 'em out~
    Playful~

Ain't that the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    SSDiva...did you have to post pics of Star Jones?

She has always had an impressive set of vocal cords.

But on this particular night, Aretha Franklin's spaghetti straps were the real stars.
    Somehow, in defiance of gravity, physics and probability, the two thin black cords managed to keep the singer's frock at a decent level on her generous frame.

Scroll down for more...
    Taking the strain: Aretha's tiny spaghetti straps are put to the test

Queen of Soul: But the years have taken their toll on Aretha's once slender figure

Scroll down for more...
    :
    Sorry, about the Star pictures Honey...I wasn't trying to upset any stomachs...

I know there is no way on God's green earth that she doesn't have a steel plated bra in that dress!! That is more support than one can ever wish for...She is not a woman of shame, and I respect her for that, plus other things!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Oh yeah. Steel wires biyatch!

Keep singing Aretha.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Am I the only one that thinks she had a pretty face in the 60s? I just don't think the hair and everything helped her back then. But if you take her look from the 60s and modernize the clothes, hair, accessories, and makeup, I think she'd be really pretty even by today's standards. Should I run and hide now?
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

She doesn't look like she has lost anything... and jeezus, does she shave her neck and chest?
    ssabmud

I can't help but wonder how someone can let themselves get to this size before realizing their is a problem. If someone weighs 600 pounds, which I know Aretha doesn't, how did they not see issues at 300 and STOP!

Aretha has done her thing and the only one she owes it to to lose the weight is herself. I do agree, she needs to leave the world's biggest flapjacks covered up or Paul Bunyan might pour syrup on her chest and poker her with a fork.

She feels lighter where?

Bronze Member

where has she lost weight, must be at her tongue perhaps

At least she's doing something about it, good luck to her.

In all fairness, even though she's quite large she barely has any wrinkles or lines and that's impressive for a woman of 65! I think she had a really pretty face back in the day and her figure was lovely.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information