Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Aretha Franklin looking skeletal

Yeah, those were some of the comments too. Didn't Aretha used to be married to "Colonel Taylor" from Different World? Wonder what he died of ... just researched and he's still alive so I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    doesn't it sound like it could be her? terrible

When she dies, and that could happen shortly, the cause of death will be a “rare cancer.”

Nearly all causes of death for those with HIV/AIDS is listed as something other than HIV/AIDS because it's not the immediate cause. If a person filling out the DC does so appropriately, AIDS will appear somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd line but line one will be whatever actually killed the person. AIDS & HIV are considered sequential only if they are an underlying cause for the immediate cause of death.

So yeah to say the DC will state "rare cancer" or anything else other than AIDS is not incorrect.
    Sassiness and Waterslide like this.

But you know, that was the tea regarding Natalie Cole's death as well. And now Natalie's son has just died....
    Palermo likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Silver Member

^ Yes true and sad too as he's so young, but so was Natalie.
    BITTER likes this.
    Reset my laptop and my old name Wisher came up when I logged in.
    Eat it, it'll put hairs on your chest
    Well, dye me red and call me blondie

^At Elton Johns 2017 Aids Gala
    Last edited by HWBL; November 23rd, 2017 at 02:50 PM.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Damn...

And I was at Barnes & Noble this past weekend, and PEOPLE already has special editions of her life in music....I swear...are they being proactive or something?
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Man. She looks 85 instead of 75.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Apparently there was already a message reporting her death that has been denied.

C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

The cleavage that she's showing is very very sad. I would have covered that up. Glad she's not dead today.
    Froogy and I'mNotBitter like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    Yeah, those were some of the comments too. Didn't Aretha used to be married to "Colonel Taylor" from Different World? Wonder what he died of ... just researched and he's still alive so I'm wrong
    It's really complicated, but the rumor is that one day Aretha came home and caught Glynn in bed with her son (the one with all the drug problems and mental illness, who may or may not be a product of incest between Aretha and her father C.L. Franklin), and that is why they got divorced. I heard that when I was stationed in California - a DJ on the local R&B station even mentioned it!!! And my mother told me when I came home on leave!!! It spread like wildfire.

Her and Glynn in happier times:
    Laurent likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    It's really complicated, but the rumor is that one day Aretha came home and caught Glynn in bed with her son (the one with all the drug problems and mental illness, who may or may not be a product of incest between Aretha and her father C.L. Franklin)
    There's a whole lot of holy shit in here. I didn't realize that she was married to Bradford Taylor! And I really didn't realize that there was gossip like that about her son's parentage.

ETA: I just went and read a bit on Rev. C.L. Franklin. The man fathered a child with a 12 year old in his congregation. WTF.
    HWBL and BITTER like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

^^^C.L. Franklin was allegedly, by many accounts, a sexual ogre! Especially teen girls and boys!! It seems odd that Aretha's mother would leave her in his custody. There are even rumors of orgies in his church. I read that on Lipstick Alley and the Panache Report, so YMMV. But it may explain a lot of Aretha's issues. She always put on weight when she didn't have a man. My mom met her after one of her concerts in Philly. She knew one of Mom's girlfriends from way back, same hometown or something. They went to her hotel suite at the Bellevue. On the way up there, they stopped at this famous rib joint on Broad and Erie. This was the late 60s mind you, so I don't know, but Mom swears she ordered enough food for five people and ate most of it!! Chicken, ribs beans and rice, cornbread, massive amounts of food. Mom said she got a wing - 'Retha didn't like to share.
    sprynkles, emkat, sputnik and 4 others like this.

Jesus!!!!
    She looks terrible. She is not build to be thin. IF that were from weight loss surgery, she would have sued the Doctor by now.
    She had her first son at 12. From Wiki:
    She became pregnant at the age of just 12and gave birth to her first child, named Clarence after her father, on January 28, 1955. The father of the child is Donald Burk, a boy she knew from school. At the age of 14 on January 22, 1957, Franklin had a second child named Edward after his father Edward Jordan. Both of her children took her family name.
    This is new to me, I heard rumors either her father molested her from an early age on, or that her father organized parties that could well turn into sex orgies and that her attending resulted in the pregnancies of her first 2 children. She has not mentioned who fathered the kids for the longest time, leading to the rumors.

I hope she get's better. The world needs a diva like her in it.

i thought she was really ill some years ago, close to death? it seems to me like she's better now but lost all the weight as a result of that illness. there was also talk that she had some kind of cancer. it might have been something that resulted in major surgery and the removal of part of her intestines and that's why she lost so much weight.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information