Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Hopkins explains how he dropped 75 pounds in two years

I too doubt that was 75 lbs, maybe 50

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Damn A*O, you're my Dr in disguise aren't you! Don't forget to throw in what happens during/after the menopause to women....
    Well I haven't hit Meno yet but it's definitely brewing. I'll let you know the gory details as and when they happen. I plan to make my posts even more fascinating that Alice's poo/fart facts.

My sainted mother is a very fit and active 76yr old but she hardly eats a thing these days or she gains lbs overnight. Doesn't bode well for me
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Hell, I hit 35 and suddenly the metabolism slowed down suddenly like an old age pensioner taking their sweet time. Not looking forward to menopause.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

A*O

Make HRT your friend!
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

"The change of life" -- I'm sorry that is such a wanky expression.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

A*O

Yes, and you have to *whisper* it with knowing looks. Why are women so precious about menopause? I know a few frootloops who go a bit crazy "mourning" the loss of their fertility womanhood and other bollox but personally I can't wait to be period-free at long last. This is something Anthony Hopkins doesn't have to worry about [drags thread back on topic].

He reminds me of Stewie from Family Guy. On topic: He looks happy and healthy to me but I am also skeptical that he lost 75 as it didn't seem as though he had that much to lose in the first place.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

i can believe it.
    his face is thinner but even in the pudgy pic he obviously doesn't show weight in his face that much. but look at his belly and especially the legs. and look at the after pic - his face is gaunt and his legs are spindly.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

Thnks for posting the before and after pictures.

He looked better before.

Coincidentally picked my netflix flick for the eve and it is Audrey Rose starring Anthony Hopkins. 1977.

Elite Member

800 cals? I'm a 5' female 125 lbs and that's pretty much starvation for me. I'm concerned.

The article about this in the Daily Mail says he is eating 1800 calories, not 800

I too doubt the '75' number,but Anthony looked much better before.Now he's just a frail and haggard old man.Manorexia seems to spread dangerously fast these days

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    Hell, I hit 35 and suddenly the metabolism slowed down suddenly like an old age pensioner taking their sweet time. Not looking forward to menopause.
    Oh, trust me, it's gonna get LOADS worse!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Well I haven't hit Meno yet but it's definitely brewing. I'll let you know the gory details as and when they happen. I plan to make my posts even more fascinating that Alice's poo/fart facts.

My sainted mother is a very fit and active 76yr old but she hardly eats a thing these days or she gains lbs overnight. Doesn't bode well for me
    LOL! Go for it! We can compare symptoms. I think I must be related to your Mother... At the mo I can think of food & put a lb on!

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Yes, and you have to *whisper* it with knowing looks. Why are women so precious about menopause? I know a few frootloops who go a bit crazy "mourning" the loss of their fertility womanhood and other bollox but personally I can't wait to be period-free at long last. This is something Anthony Hopkins doesn't have to worry about [drags thread back on topic].
    Ok, I have to admit that I'm having a tough time with the fertility side of stuff but I went from a normal person having IVF to full blow surgical menopause in little more than 6 weeks (or was it 4? It's not something that I want to remember too much). Unfortunately my drs were "you need to consider yourself lucky" & I do, but it doesn't stop me being pissed off!
    The whispering about it is freaky, very Les Dawson!

Anyhow, getting older is a bitch & I'm glad this dude is still acting, & looking after himself. *dreams of 1800 calories*....
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

A*O

YouTube - Les Dawson - Cissie & Ada - Honeymoon Memories...

For you Novice. My granny used to dress EXACTLY like this LOL

Quote Originally Posted by baked_tater View Post
    Thnks for posting the before and after pictures.

He looked better before.
    He did look better before, he looks ill now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information