Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anorexic Allegra Beck Versace relapses - hospitalized

Holy crap, she looks like she's on death's door.

Elite Member

oh god I'm actuallyi n tears. That poor poor girl
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    It wasn't a problem when she was young because western civilization didn't idolize skinny the way it does now. I suppose females with control issues had other outlets other than staying skinny.
    it isnt all about control so its pretty ignorant of you to make a comment like that. people with ana can have mental problems, emotional problems, and 100 other causes. i agree control is a part of it, but it isnt the cause. lots of control freaks dont have anorexia.

Quote Originally Posted by SunShine23 View Post
    it isnt all about control so its pretty ignorant of you to make a comment like that. people with ana can have mental problems, emotional problems, and 100 other causes. i agree control is a part of it, but it isnt the cause. lots of control freaks dont have anorexia.

Sorry, not ignorant at all, as I am an ex psych nurse. I didn't say control freak, you did. I said control issues. Yes, they frequently stem from other emoptional issues so they "control" what they can, which is their weight.

I suggest you be more careful about who you call ignorant in the future.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Speaking as the inhouse ED patient I have to say its not all about Control but it stems from it. Its generally a range of everything stated. Control, Emotional, Mental issues.

And a lot of 'control freaks' may not have anorexia but they have other problems like..being a workahollic or someother OCD type thing.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

I really feel sorry for her. Even in the *healthy* pics, she was still way thin. I hope she gets the help she needs. Donatella must be beside herself.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

You know back in the olden days (like my parents' generation) people had to eat what they could find. My parents were born right after WW2 and grew up pretty poor, they had other issues to worry about than self-image and things IMO. Maybe that's why ED wasn't such a societal problem then. We live in a whole different time now.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Sorry, not ignorant at all, as I am an ex psych nurse. I didn't say control freak, you did. I said control issues. Yes, they frequently stem from other emoptional issues so they "control" what they can, which is their weight.

I suggest you be more careful about who you call ignorant in the future.
    I didn't mean to offend you, sorry. Just wanted to basically say what Lani said better than I could. and I agree moomies. My parents are baby boomers and they had bills and work to worry about growing up. sure they value beauty and a great figure, but when the soviet union gives you a loaf of bread and some milk, you eat it and don't think about the calories!

70 pounds? So basically she is on deaths door. Why didn't anybody stage an intervention before she reached such a low weight again? Even if she recovers in the future, the damage she has a done to her body and organs must have a lot of consequences. It seems like she is comitting some sort of slow and painful suicide.

Did you read the page where bryanboy says that google news has restricted/blocked this story?

Bryanboy: Le Superstar Fabuleux - Planet Earth's Favourite Third World Fag. "I'm the gayest gay that ever gayed. I'm soo gay I sweat glitter!": Thinspiration/Allegra Versace + The Mystery of Google

Umm it would be nice if I knew how to reword links!
    Last edited by MaryJane; March 27th, 2007 at 02:36 AM. Reason: posts merged

A*O

I don't think Allegra has a hope in hell of making a full and permanent recovery while she lives in a world where skinny is the measure by which you are judged and accepted by your peers. Her mother is a walking skeleton too. Whoever heard of a 'fat' Versace?
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

^^ Also, the atrocious things Donatella did to herself in order to be young, attractive, skinny.

Excessive tanning, plastic surgery, awful wigs, drug consumption, weight issues.

They live under the miscroscope AND live in an industry that is very cruel, not a good combination, especially not to Allegra.

I don't know if Gianni did her much of a favor by giving the entire empire to her. So much pressure for such a young girl.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    The other day my Mom pointed out that this was not a problem when she was young. She is in her 60's. She wondered why eating disorders are now such a big issue and what has happened to cause this change. It can't just be the media can it?
    But if you go two generations before your mother's, you will find women in corsets that were tied so tightly with whalebone that they couldn't breathe.......

And, your Mother probably remembers her mother with girdles that went from knee to chest.........

Things never change.....people just forget.......

Except that there IS a documented increase in EDs since the turn of the century (1900, not 2000). The removal of the restrictive figure-controlling devices meant a woman had to achieve those looks on their own without the help of a corset or girdle (kinda hard to wear a girdle with low rise jeans and belly shirts, right?). There was a HUGE upswing in dieting when those fashions went out of style and another one in EDs.

It's all in this book, which is an interesting read for anyone: Amazon.com: The Body Project: An Intimate History of American Girls: Books: Joan Jacobs Brumberg

^^and I have to wonder why, as the amount of available food increases in most countries, eating disorders have increased as well. Seems odd that the more food there is, the more people develop problems with eating. No one seems to have eating disorders during famines......why do they increase with abudance of food?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information