Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is Angelina Jolie anorexic?

I don't think when someone is skinny, it necessarily means they are out to prove they are the sexiest person ever who is the most in shape or has the most amazing body. Some people just get skinny, like others just gain weight. And if it's due to stress, or running around and not having time to eat, they are not enjoying their body I can almost guarantee you. It's no fun having no energy because you can't eat for a variety of reasons. Just like it's no fun being out of shape because you do nothing but eat. Most people like to be in their happy, healthy medium.

You nailed it, CherubRock.
    You're wise, I look forward to seeing more posts from you. Don't be shy now.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Bronze Member

Should I name names? Do you question all people posting gossip? seriously that is why i don't post stuff here. Just forget i said anything.

BTW My sources are actually people that worked on film with said actresses or worked directly for them! One source was a former Fly Girl and another worked for JLO herself, another worked on a Julia Roberts film and the pictures are very much alive . Angie same thing former film production crew.

Will that suffice?
    Last edited by Faker; February 10th, 2007 at 07:36 AM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by Faker View Post
    Should I name names? Do you question all people posting gossip? seriously that is why i don't post stuff here. Just forget i said anything.

BTW My sources are actually people that worked on film with said actresses or worked directly for them! One source was a former Fly Girl and another worked for JLO herself, another worked on a Julia Roberts film and the pictures are very much alive . Angie same thing former film production crew.

Will that suffice?
    Nah, probably not.

I think the term anorexic gets thrown about much too often. She certainly is thinner than ever. But as far as being anorexic goes, I don't think any tabloid journo is qualified to make that call.

anorexics aren't just the ones that end up weighing 70 pounds and getting hospitalised. there are a lot of anorexics and bulimics that go undetected because they don't go to those extremes. i think a lot of hollywood women are, if not full-blown anorexics than either borderline or functioning anorexics.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by saimamom View Post
    Cherry, I had two kids and got really skinny and underweight after the second one. I was nursing her and running after two, constantly on my feet. It can really take a toll. As for Angelina she's always been skinny. I'm sure her schedule and the emotionally difficult situation is just the problem.
    You have a good point, saimamom. There are women I know who are much thinner now than before they had kids. Maybe I'm too used to the notion of moms being heavier after the babies come- like my own mom! Hmm, when I think about it, I do tend to lose weight when I'm babysitting and don't have the time to snack when chasing after kids Yeah, if you didn't notice, I'm so not a mommy, yet!

Will that suffice?
    Of course not. Thanks for the juicy gossip and welcome.

For a while I've wondered if Angelina was ill because of her weight loss.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyLucy View Post
    You nailed it, CherubRock.
    You're wise, I look forward to seeing more posts from you. Don't be shy now.
    Thank you, I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    That's crap, the 'norm' is having a BMI between 18 and 25, lots of weight values are included there.

Anyway, back to Angelina. If she did lose weight following her mother's death, that doesn't necessarily make her anorexic, lots of people stop eating for a period after a great shock/when grieving, but they don't share the psychological symptoms those suffering from anorexia nervosa have.

In general...not necessarily. She's always been skinny, and she has a hectic schedule and three kids. My cousin who has always been skinny has gotten to Angelina proportions since getting married and having her kids, simply because she never finds a moment to sit still.
    BMI is crap too..does not take into account body build, natural genetics, and fat vs muscle ratios(many body builders/atheletes with very low body fat have a BMI significantly over 25)

Elite Member

^^i agree. i hate when ppl talk about BMI when it doesnt include all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    BMI is crap too..does not take into account body build, natural genetics, and fat vs muscle ratios(many body builders/atheletes with very low body fat have a BMI significantly over 25)
    Good point, I stand corrected. Body fat ratio then-my point is, it's ridiculous to pinpoint a specific weight value as 'ideal' for someone's height.

Will that suffice?
    Thank you so much for the inside info. I think the majority of people appreciate it when insiders post.

Anything else?

I wouldn't be surprised if Angie were back on heroin. It must be an awful period in her life. Many relapse when going through such intense stress. I'm also surprised that the tabs just picked up on this. She's been emaciated looking for awhile now.

I dont think she is anorexic,but she must have an eating disorder,like most of them stars do,more or less.Anorexia is the least of her issues.

I'm really sorry for her, it must be a very hard period for her. By the way I don't think she's anorexic. My mom passed trough the same situation when his father died.

And I agree that BMI is a crap!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information