Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Amy Winehouse

Hit By Ban Bus!

Thanks for bringing up this thread sweetness. I saw her on Leno the other night. I changed my mind about her voice, but I can't watch her. Too eccentric, too weird, too quirky. I'll just listen, thank you. But there are others way ahead of her in the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Thanks for bringing up this thread sweetness. I saw her on Leno the other night. I changed my mind about her voice, but I can't watch her. Too eccentric, too weird, too quirky. I'll just listen, thank you. But there are others way ahead of her in the queue.
    I've never seen her in action, only heard her music and seen her picture. My computer sucks, so I can't watch YouTube or anything like that, but would sure love to see some of this crazy stuff everyone's talking about!

Hit By Ban Bus!

It's not really crazy.. just quirky. I can't decide whether she's really like that or it's just an act to make herself stand out more amongst the crowd of singers.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    No offense, Mira, cos I do have respect for Janis, but Amy blows her outta the water IMO.

Well if Amy is still selling records 37 years after she's dead, then we can discuss how Amy blows Janis out of the water....

Hit By Ban Bus!

^Good way of putting it. Somehow I don't think that will happen. Janis is a legend and an icon. Different class and genre of singer IMO

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Well if Amy is still selling records 37 years after she's dead, then we can discuss how Amy blows Janis out of the water....
    I know what you're saying, but record sales have nothing to do with it for me.
    Janis is cool, just never cared for her voice that much.
    I think Amy is a much better singer, just my opinion.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think you do have a point... but I don't think Amy Winehouse will ever be a legend or an icon. She seems mean to me. Janis had not a mean bone in her body, and was well-liked, though somewhat pitied.

I really did not know who she was until I started posting here. She was quite attractive in her 2004 pic, but she is looking old and haggard now. Thats too bad. On the other hand, it is quite obvious that she is a druggie and proud of it. For that I salute her. At least she aint denying shit. That is her choice to go down that route, I just hope she understands the consequences of her actions. I for one do not feel an ounce of sympathy toward the woman.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Just got back from a dinner with a friend who lived in London for over 5 years. Was there when Amy Winehouse first made it big. Apparently she screwed up bigtime in England and that's why she's being peddled here in the States now. Offended a lot of people - influential people - like Elton John, Madonna, etc. by saying rude and ridiculous things that weren't even true.

Just one person's perspective to add to the mix.

love amy, but she needs to watch it.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Just got back from a dinner with a friend who lived in London for over 5 years. Was there when Amy Winehouse first made it big. Apparently she screwed up bigtime in England and that's why she's being peddled here in the States now. Offended a lot of people - influential people - like Elton John, Madonna, etc. by saying rude and ridiculous things that weren't even true.

Just one person's perspective to add to the mix.
    HAHAHA!!! Good! I hope she told Vadge OFF. And it's not like anyone can please Queen Elton as it is, sooo......

Now I love her even more!

Oooh, I didn't realize she offended Madge and Elton, now I REALLY like AMY!!!!
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I don't know who she is but in the 2004 pic she's a bombshell. Too sad and frightening. Drugs or anorexia?
    Drugs. Her popular song is call Rehab. Talking about how she doesn't want to go.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by kamcrdy View Post
    That can't be the same person. In the 2004 pic she has only one visible tattoo, on her right forearm. In the 2006 pic that tattoo is gone, but new ones have appeared.
    it is the same person.. note her lip piercing. it is on opposite sides on each photo meaning that one or other is flipped ! so we can't see her tattoo on the more recent photo.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information