Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Amy Winehouse

A*O

Just think if she'd used all the money she spent on smack on getting her teeth fixed (mewowww). I have zero sympathy for junkies. Sorry.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I'm speechless...................
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

That girls got problems. Always in the news now here. I was never a fan but it's plain to see she's ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Egolita View Post
    look up the song 'rehab' on youtube. or f me pumps that's a good one.

this is a really bad one though, she's loaded...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vfdl7-E80Q
    Okay I have no idea who this Amy woman is, but I just watched this clip. Is she supposed to be a good singer? Because there she sounded wretched. I felt like I was watching bad Karaoke.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

^^ Cannot stand that song - it's always on the radio here.

I honestly could not tell you anything else she has done.

Her music is fantastic! She's majorly talented, it's just a shame she's a smack-head.
    Curiouser and curiouser...

She won't be able to make any more music, if she doesn't get a grip on herself. On the Charlotte Church Show, she couldn't even pronounce the lyrics.

oh. dear. That Charlotte church thing. God. oh. I'm.....wow.

That's sad . I recently listened to her second album, and I enjoyed it a lot, although I am normally not very interested in that genre of music. I hope she gets herself together to make another record, I think she has talent.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Just think if she'd used all the money she spent on smack on getting her teeth fixed (mewowww). I have zero sympathy for junkies. Sorry.
    Agreed with. If there were no fucktards to sell drugs to, there'd be no drug-dealing, and there wouldn't be innocent people (especially kids) in places like Rio dying everyday because they were "accientally" shot in the middle of dealer-dealer/dealer-police shootings.

Junkies are selfish bastards who don't think he consequences of their addiction go a lot further than their mush brains could ever conceive.

Yech she's so fugly now. I'm not a big fan of hers, she comes over really badly in interviews. She used to be soooo much prettier, now she looks really harsh.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

A*O

Respect to the backing musos in that clip. They are the great unsung (HA!) heroes of the music industry and are often WAY better musicians than the vapid twats who get the microphone, the money and the glory. I think the sound people turned the backing WAY up to drown out the screeching harpies. Loving how Charlotte keeps looking at her wasted 'friend' to check she's either still upright or not about to puke all over the set.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    Yikes. She's not even as skinny as a lot of Hollywood starlets, but you can tell she's just not supposed to be this thin. She looks positively sickly. A perfect example of what unnaturally thin looks like.
    NO ONE is supposed to be THAT thin, whether they stuck or their fingers down their throat, stopped eating, took drugs OR have a fast metabolism/lifestyle- it's not healthy full stop.
    I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and sky...

She's actually looking a lot better now, she was on the Brit Awards last night.

I'd try and find a pic but don't want to read through all the rules about how to post them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    Yikes. She's not even as skinny as a lot of Hollywood starlets, but you can tell she's just not supposed to be this thin. She looks positively sickly. A perfect example of what unnaturally thin looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavenseventeen View Post
    NO ONE is supposed to be THAT thin, whether they stuck or their fingers down their throat, stopped eating, took drugs OR have a fast metabolism/lifestyle- it's not healthy full stop.
    You're absolutely right. What I meant was that she's not meant to be at this weight, or this size. It's an unhealthy weight for her that she's obviously going to extremes of some sort to maintain, hence the hollow cheeks, sallow skin, bones protruding, etc. She doesn't have a small frame or build.

I think I was thinking "thin" as in weight, and you were thinking "thin" as in "skinniness", which makes sense. I didn't mean to imply that some girls look good at this level of emaciation - nobody does - just that some girls could be at this weight, but not be emaciated, and that Amy here just cuts such a clear figure of illness.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information