Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Allegra Beck (Donatella's daughter)

Default Re: Allegra Beck (Donatella's daughter)

She looks awful! She need shelp right now

Quote Originally Posted by esmereldagrubb
    Good luck in your recovery.....you deserve life no matter how many years have been wasted. The hospital i was in had 2 straight MIDDLE AGed guys too.....it is indeed a disease that does NOT discriminate.
    thanks..I am more than recovered..I actually really need to lose some 25 lbs now.hehehe...but I really don't care that much cause having a few xtra lbs is so incredibly better than being in that hell of starving/bingeing-purging..that was a real hell and I would never ever want to go back to that...took several years to even have a somewhat normal relation to food again. I pity and am angry at people with eating disorders now because so many seem to actually PROMOTE IT on the pro ana and such sites! I never did that and doing that really pisses me off. I always tried to help the others, never encouraged or enabled them even when I was struggling myself!

The irony with anorexics is that other than the fact that they are not consuming a high enough volume of calories, their diets can sometimes appear to be near "Perfect" and (not unlike some brand named diet)this makes it all the more difficult to convince an anorexic to seek treatment. I knew an anorexic girl who was VERY organized about her eating and meal planning (that whole control factor), and actually did eat, just not enough. Shed find the lowest calorie foods in existence (the compulsion aspect) and organize her eating around them. For example

shed wake up and have a cup of tea, water and a bowl of cereal with skim milk (150calories)

for lunch shed have a slice of bread with turkey on it along with some fat free cheese. Shed have an apple and drink diet coke. (250 calories)

for dinner shed have some more turkey and an apple (150calories)

She drank water throughtout the day but drank diet pop at meals. Overall she was probably eating less than 600 calories a day. The part that made it difficult to convince her there was a problem, was that she was eating 3 meals a day while other, non-anorexics would skip breakfast or snack all day. In some ways, her diet appeared better than those much healthier than her. How do you tell an anorexic they need to change their eating habits when they see ppl around them eating garbage? And sadly, since they are consuming healthier foods than others, they take the average person's advice in one ear and out the other.

Gold Member

I truly don't know how she (Allegra) has the energy to even walk around. When I don't eat right, I'm extremely weak with dizziness and headaches. How can anorexics live a normal life and keep up with others?

Quote Originally Posted by leigh
    I truly don't know how she (Allegra) has the energy to even walk around. When I don't eat right, I'm extremely weak with dizziness and headaches. How can anorexics live a normal life and keep up with others?
    They can't.
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Christ............lifes too short to starve to death through choice. Poor little rich girl..........never known famine, poverty or war but still serves the same death sentence as those who do. How very ironic. And how sad that she's probably in a better position than most to do something about it through her wealth in some capacity and by helping herself could possibly also help others.

Quote Originally Posted by asha22
    Christ............lifes too short to starve to death through choice. Poor little rich girl..........never known famine, poverty or war but still serves the same death sentence as those who do. How very ironic. And how sad that she's probably in a better position than most to do something about it through her wealth in some capacity and by helping herself could possibly also help others.
    Like other addictions/compulsions it is very self centered. BTW, LOVE the avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita
    Like other addictions/compulsions it is very self centered. BTW, LOVE the avatar!
    Thanks Sojita. I also have it as my desktop and get to drool all over my keyboard every evening!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by leigh
    They walk around on hunger highs, getting their false sense of energy by their feeling that they have achieved control in the most meesed up aspect of their lives. Besides, they probably dont even notice being hungry after a while, they must get used to the nagging feeling and probably consider it normal.

your body gets used to not having food and so ur not hungry anymore---much like when ppl are clinically depressed and have no appetite--and they run on pure adrenaline

OMG she is so skinny, shame cause she does have a pretty face.

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale
    The irony with anorexics is that other than the fact that they are not consuming a high enough volume of calories, their diets can sometimes appear to be near "Perfect" and (not unlike some brand named diet)this makes it all the more difficult to convince an anorexic to seek treatment. I knew an anorexic girl who was VERY organized about her eating and meal planning (that whole control factor), and actually did eat, just not enough. Shed find the lowest calorie foods in existence (the compulsion aspect) and organize her eating around them. For example

shed wake up and have a cup of tea, water and a bowl of cereal with skim milk (150calories)

for lunch shed have a slice of bread with turkey on it along with some fat free cheese. Shed have an apple and drink diet coke. (250 calories)

for dinner shed have some more turkey and an apple (150calories)

She drank water throughtout the day but drank diet pop at meals. Overall she was probably eating less than 600 calories a day. The part that made it difficult to convince her there was a problem, was that she was eating 3 meals a day while other, non-anorexics would skip breakfast or snack all day. In some ways, her diet appeared better than those much healthier than her. How do you tell an anorexic they need to change their eating habits when they see ppl around them eating garbage? And sadly, since they are consuming healthier foods than others, they take the average person's advice in one ear and out the other.
    Thanks, you've just sorted out my meal plan for the next few months until I go on holiday!!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara
    Thanks, you've just sorted out my meal plan for the next few months until I go on holiday!!

sshhh me too kidding?

Silver Member

Actually anorexics do feel themselves hungry just like others but they consider the feeling to be a good feeling to have instead of bad. They also fill their stomachs with water, diet soda, coffee and again water. Basically, you start meals with a few classes of water, then you don't have to eat so much food, because you are full faster. But anyway, anorexics usually suffer from insomnia because they're too hungry to get sleep.

^^ I eat too quickly to realise when I'm full, I ususally eat loads then feel sick about 10 minutes later!!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information