Thread: Star Jones "still" feels like she weighs 300 pounds

Default Star Jones "still" feels like she weighs 300 pounds

Star Jones arrives to the 2nd Annual BET Honors held at the Warner Theatre on January 17, 2009 in Washington, DC.
    Michael Tran/FilmMagic

Star Jones says doctors warned her she would die if she didn't drop weight from her onetime 307-pound frame.
    "I was an addict for all practical purposes, that I had never stuck to a real diet, that I'd never stuck to a real exercise program," the former View cohost says in an episode of The Oprah Winfrey show that airs tomorrow.
    "The doctor said, 'If you don't make changes, you will die.' I had no choice," Jones continued.
    The 47-year-old is still sensitive of criticism about her decision to undergo gastric bypass surgery -- which helped her drop 160 pounds -- in 2003.
    "When you hear people say, 'Oh, you took the easy way out....' I would have longed for an easy way. It was not an easy way. It was...the hardest struggle of my whole entire life and I still struggle," Jones said.
    Even though she's kept the weight off, Jones admitted: "I'm still 300 pounds in my head some days."
    She's still hurt that Barbara Walters said the show's audience could no longer relate to her once she slimmed down.
    "I was hurt and upset initially," said Jones, who initially denied the surgery despite widespread speculation. "I'm so sorry that I placed a burden on my colleagues. I never asked them to lie."

News - Star Jones "Still" Feels Like She Weighs 300 Pounds | Usmagazine.com

i would have had a ton of respect for her if she hadnt lied about it. Now? she can kiss my ass.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Well, I hate discussing my weight too, but I'm not parading myself around on television, either. She was completely unrealistic to think people wouldn't notice enough to ask what happened, and that she could allude to "diet and exercise" as her solution. Might as well come on out with it to avoid ending up looking like an asshole.

She was interviewed on 'Extra" today; she said that at age 19, she was diagnosed with a tumor in her chest cavity (I guess that's why she has that scar), and went thru radiation, which destroyed her thyroid, and that's why she gained so much weight. I'd like to see a pic of her in her early teens to see how much of that is true...

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    She was interviewed on 'Extra" today; she said that at age 19, she was diagnosed with a tumor in her chest cavity (I guess that's why she has that scar), and went thru radiation, which destroyed her thyroid, and that's why she gained so much weight. I'd like to see a pic of her in her early teens to see how much of that is true...
    They have had synthetic thyroid hormones for a long time. That story sounds like bullshit. She just stated that she never stuck to a diet ot exercised.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Even though she's kept the weight off, Jones admitted: "I'm still 300 pounds in my head some days."
    I've heard that before - that one's subconcious doesn't accept the lighter weight....
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    She's still hurt that Barbara Walters said the show's audience could no longer relate to her once she slimmed down.
    Thats a cunty thing to say - not relate to how she slimmed down maybe, but not that once she'd lost the weight.... talk about destroying a person's self confidence....
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I've heard that before - that one's subconcious doesn't accept the lighter weight....
    Yep I can relate...even though its been 6 years since I dropped 70 pounds I still think of myself as a fattie even though I know I'm not...I guess I've still spent longer being large than I have being 'normal' and it take a long time to shake it off

I first heard it on a hypnotherapy tape and thought WTF?
    However, I've lost a bit but don't see it - so I'm keeping going with the hypnotherapy!

BTW Nice Easter Bunny!

A*O

There's no shame in gastric band/bypass surgery. It works and for some people it really is the only option. It's a shame she felt the need to deny/lie about it when everyone had already guessed that's how she lost the weight.

And I totally understand why she still feels like fatty. Once you've been there it's very hard to see yourself as anything different even though you may be a size 8 now.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

She's Al Roker in drag, I swear.

Have you seen her family..ie.. mother, sister..they're large like she was. The day after she was on Oprah, the ladies on the view talked about how she went to the producers and asked them to lie...and then the co-host were told they had to keep her secret.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Elite Member

Star's biggest problem is that she doesn't come off as likeable. Soliciting sponsors to pay for her glitzy wedding and lying about her weight loss isn't going to endear her to the public.

Most people aren't going to fault her for doing the gastric bypass. But lying and saying that she lost 150 pounds through diet and exercise is going to piss people off. To me it's like getting older and having plastic surgery; as long as you don't go crazy with it, I don't see the problem with a nip/tuck. It's when people have a brand new face and claim it's only botox that annoys me.

Star, that's not your ass that weighs 300 pounds.. it's your ego.

hahaha! I like that Penny!

And shiver - yes, I agre with your second paragraph. That kind of weight loss isn't easy no matter how you do it, but the lying.... yuck! No nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    Star, that's not your ass that weighs 300 pounds.. it's your ego.
    Oh Penny, that's fucking hilarious!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Thread Information