Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Clarkson: 'Of course celebrities have cellulite'

Default Kelly Clarkson: 'Of course celebrities have cellulite'

Think Kelly Clarkson looks too good to be true on the cover of her upcoming CD? You're right, says the singer.

"No girl is perfect," Clarkson – who joked on her blog last month that "they Photoshopped the crap out of me!" on her sexy All I Ever Wanted cover image – told a group of Girl Scouts recently. "No girl wakes up every day and is like, 'I'm awesome!'"

In fact, she told the group of about 20 pre-teens gathered in Nashville Feb. 11 for a self-esteem workshop sponsored by Dove, "just to let you know everyone in the magazines is Photoshopped! Beyonc้ is one of the most beautiful girls in the world but she gets Photoshopped too. We're all human!"

Clarkson, 26, knows what it's like to have her body image picked apart. "It affected me when people were saying about me and some other artists that we were the 'thicker' ones," she tells PEOPLE. "I'd be a liar if I said I was always fine with it. But I'm wise enough by now to know that you're never going to please everyone so you may as well stop trying."

It was a lesson the American Idol champ learned when she appeared on the show seven years ago and saw her voice – and image – become fodder for gossip.

"I learned right then to stop reading press. Either you're going to get a big head or you'll get depressed and neither one is great. I don't buy magazines like that. Even if I'm not in them, it's just healthier to get away from that kind of thinking," she says. "It's horrible – they'll show celebrities with cellulite and it's like, 'Of course celebrities have cellulite! We're not fem-bots!'"

Clarkson says she's seen the effect of such body image scrutiny on friends in the public eye. "They melt down because of it," she says. "There is a lot of pressure."

But the singer, whose album All I Ever Wanted is due out March 10, says she's come to terms with it.

"When I'm on the red carpet, it's not even a question anymore," says Clarkson. "Usually people are very encouraging and tell me they love that I'm normal."

Normal was plenty good for 10-year-old Shelby Davis, one of the Girl Scouts attending the workshop.

"She has a whole bunch of self-esteem," Davis says of the Grammy-winning star. "She's someone you can look up to."

Kelly Clarkson: 'Of Course Celebrities Have Cellulite' - Kelly Clarkson : People.com
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

I was curious what the album cover she's talking about looks like. Not the most ridiculous photoshop job I've ever seen (Hello, Mariah!).

Elite Member

Is that the same girl in the pic with the girl scouts that's on the cover? It's like they took her face and put in on another upper body! Heck even her face is much thinner.

I love that she actually said they photoshopped the crap out of her.

....not all of it....she's still full of shit.....

"No girl wakes up every day and is like, 'I'm awesome!'"
    that's a bummer that she & so many other women think this.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

She's not 'shopped at all!

"But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Woff.. not the most flattering bikini. That pic on the left must be an old one.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I was curious what the album cover she's talking about looks like. Not the most ridiculous photoshop job I've ever seen (Hello, Mariah!).

My God, what have the idiots done to her face?

Another brilliant comment.

She really does ride the weight rollercoaster.

*calls richard simmons*
    hi richard, could you add Kelly Clarkson to your prayer list. i think she's an emotional eater...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

WHAT INSIGHT!

FOR FUCKS SAKE, DON'T THESE DUMB BITCHES REALIZE THAT THE MORE THEY HARP ON ABOUT SOMETHING, THE MORE OF AN ISSUE THEY MAKE IT. 'MY SELF ESTEEM, MY FAT ASS, BLAH BLAH!' IF YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP, IT'LL DIE! STOP FUELLING THE FIRE!

Sorry for caps, I'm just pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    WHAT INSIGHT!

FOR FUCKS SAKE, DON'T THESE DUMB BITCHES REALIZE THAT THE MORE THEY HARP ON ABOUT SOMETHING, THE MORE OF AN ISSUE THEY MAKE IT. 'MY SELF ESTEEM, MY FAT ASS, BLAH BLAH!' IF YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP, IT'LL DIE! STOP FUELLING THE FIRE!

Sorry for caps, I'm just pissed.
    LOL - she was speaking at a self-esteem workshop for young girls though. What else was she supposed to say?
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I guess... oh how embarrassing I totally missed that part. I thought she was just mouthing off to some magazine Oh crap. Still, I stand by my point! I just wish they would shut up. Everyone's so weight obsessed.

She seems pretty nice, and I like her comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information