Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joan Collins' diet secrets

SVZ

Default Joan Collins' diet secrets

Joan Collins only eats a third of each meal to keep her slim figure.

The 72-year-old star is so worried about gaining weight she leaves two thirds of her lunches and dinners when she eats out in the US.

She confessed: "I'm not fanatical, I'm disciplined, and I'll never finish what's on the plate, particularly in America.
    "The waitress always asks me, 'Is everything OK?', because I only eat one third. They give you far too much.

"Also, I won't eat c**p. I won't eat doughnuts and crisps."

Collins also admitted she would love to escape the pressures of being famous.

She told Britain's Hello magazine: "I'd hate to be one of those flavour-of-the-month actresses today like Cameron Diaz who are spooked by the paparazzi wherever they go. I could live without fame very easily. It gets in the way of trying to live a normal life.

"I don't draw attention to myself. If I go shopping, I wear jeans. I'm not going to look particularly glamorous."

Default Re: Joan Collins' diet secrets

I LOVE Joan, but she's fibbing a bit here. Yes, she wears jeans when she goes out, but she also wears a hat and sunglasses, which not many people do, so that way she still draws attention.
    Also, but that's not her but the writer of the article, says she eats 1/3 to "keep her slim figure". Anyone who's seen pix of Joan in her bathing suit knows her arms and legs are still shapely, but her torso isn't. She's got a matronly spread/tummy going on and it would be unnatural if she hadn't at her age. When she wears evening gowns she obviously has a corset underneath, because then her figure matches her limbs.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

A*O

I agree with Joanie about US meal portions - they are usually grossly Supersized (and not just the Maccas) and I've never been able to eat even half of what's on my plate which not only offends me from a health point of view, but outrages me from the sheer waste. Not sure how old she is, 70'ish??, but I'd be very happy to look as good as her AND have a sharp brain at her age so who cares if she's being economical with the truth.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by A*O
    I agree with Joanie about US meal portions - they are usually grossly Supersized (and not just the Maccas) and I've never been able to eat even half of what's on my plate which not only offends me from a health point of view, but outrages me from the sheer waste. Not sure how old she is, 70'ish??, but I'd be very happy to look as good as her AND have a sharp brain at her age so who cares if she's being economical with the truth.
    i completely agree, i hate to leave half my food when i eat out in the US, but i'm not going to stuff myself either. and she makes sense. i don't diet, ever, but i do follow one rule: stop eating when you're not hungry anymore. even if it means leaving some food on your plate. no point in over-eating.

she's a right-wing bitch too, but i love my joan collins!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik
    i completely agree, i hate to leave half my food when i eat out in the US, but i'm not going to stuff myself either. and she makes sense. i don't diet, ever, but i do follow one rule: stop eating when you're not hungry anymore. even if it means leaving some food on your plate. no point in over-eating.

she's a right-wing bitch too, but i love my joan collins!
    ACK! I'm going to pretend I didn't read that part. I love Joan too!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Silver Member

She knows how to handle the paparazzi too, does it with class .

Gold Member

Many places will let your order half or lunch sized portions. It's not always on the menu, but you can ask. That's what I often do. My husband, on the other hand, is a big guy (6'2" and muscle-y) and appreciates those big portions. I agree that most entrees are way too much for most people to consume in one sitting, but no one is forcing them to eat it.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by feliciakb
    I agree that most entrees are way too much for most people to consume in one sitting, but no one is forcing them to eat it.
    Fine - so let people with big appetites ask for Supersize and let the majority of other people have a 'normal' smaller portion. Of course nobody can force you to eat everything on the plate. My point is that it's such a shameful WASTE of perfectly good food. It would surely make better economic sense for restaurateurs to size their portions so the food is actually eaten and enjoyed rather than thrown in the bin. Maybe it's my puritanical upbringing, but it really does offend me to see plates overflowing with good food that isn't going to be eaten. I know it's cliche to talk about 'the starving children in Africa' but my conscience is troubled when I see enough food for a whole family on one plate being picked over and then pushed aside. Sorry, I must behaving a Mother Theresa moment.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I think Joan has looked like shit for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O
    Fine - so let people with big appetites ask for Supersize and let the majority of other people have a 'normal' smaller portion. Of course nobody can force you to eat everything on the plate. My point is that it's such a shameful WASTE of perfectly good food. It would surely make better economic sense for restaurateurs to size their portions so the food is actually eaten and enjoyed rather than thrown in the bin. Maybe it's my puritanical upbringing, but it really does offend me to see plates overflowing with good food that isn't going to be eaten. I know it's cliche to talk about 'the starving children in Africa' but my conscience is troubled when I see enough food for a whole family on one plate being picked over and then pushed aside. Sorry, I must behaving a Mother Theresa moment.

wake up call: alot of Americans will eat everything on that large portion plate. I see it all the time in restaurants. Also, if you can't finish, you can always request a bag to take it home. I do it all the time.
    Coffee is my happy drug

Quote Originally Posted by a_dogs_life
    I think Joan has looked like shit for a long time.
    For her age she photographs amazingly.

JMO but at 72, one's weight isn't the most pressing item on the menu.
    She should be more worried about her mind and whether she can walk up a hill. That sort of thing.
    I mean....come on.
    Does she honestly think anyone is checking her out?
    She's still relatively attractive (for 72), but I daresay it's been over for a while now, Joan....LOL.

I must admit I always eat the largest portions but that is because I would rather put on weight. I seem to be the only one of my friends with this problem and I hate it. I would like to know how shaking a sexy booty feels for once!

Quote Originally Posted by dakodas
    For her age she photographs amazingly.
    Absolutely, she's a stunner, and even if she's had surgery - which she has always denied, and I believe her (gullable as that may seem) simply comparing her to her dad, who also looked decades younger when he died and certainly didn't have anything done - it's certainly the best surgery I've ever seen.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Broad
    Does she honestly think anyone is checking her out?
    She's still relatively attractive (for 72), but I daresay it's been over for a while now, Joan....LOL.

What about the 72 year old men? Do you really want them checking you out? Longevity and interest in one's appearance seem to go hand in hand to me.

70 is the new 50......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information