Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow’s detox diet - like the cabbage soup diet but fancy

Wink Gwyneth Paltrow’s detox diet - like the cabbage soup diet but fancy

Gwyneth Paltrow’s detox diet - like the cabbage soup diet but fancy

Gwyneth Paltrow has sent out yet another hysterically ridiculous GOOP email. In this month’s edition, Gwyneth lectures us on the proper way to detox. Keep in mind this is the same woman who was admitted to the hospital last January after doing a fast. She never commented on the episode, but clearly it hasn’t taught her to be safer with her health. Gwyneth sent out directions for what looks to be a very uncomfortable detox. It’s certainly not Master Cleanse severe, but it doesn’t strike me as anything I’d want to do.
    Here are two example menus:
    DAY FIVE
    7am (or upon rising): Glass of room temperature lemon water
    8am: Herbal tea
    10am (breakfast): Peach and Almond Smoothie (follow method for Blueberry and Almond Smoothie)
    11:30am: Coconut water
    1:30pm (lunch): Raw crudite (carrots, green beans, radishes, cucumbers, zucchini) with Carrot and Ginger Dressing
    4pm (snack): Beet, Carrot, Apple and Ginger Juice
    6pm (dinner): Cucumber and Avocado Soup
    DAY SEVEN
    7am (or upon rising): Glass of room temperature lemon water
    8am: Herbal tea
    10am (breakfast): Raspberry and Rice Milk Smoothie (follow method for Blueberry and Almond Smoothie)
    11:30am: Coconut water
    1:30pm (lunch): Miso Soup with Vegetables
    4pm (snack): A handful of almonds
    6pm (dinner): Steamed fish, quinoa, roasted squash
    [From Goop]
    I suppose you could argue that because this is a detox and not a long-term diet plan, this isn’t that severe. Gwyneth includes a week of recipes, and I doubt you could do that much harm if you only did it for seven days - but no longer. But anytime you deprive your body of needed calories – say less than 1,200 a day – you have the potential to mess up your metabolism in the long run. In college I did plenty of stupid diets (hello cabbage soup!) and did one for an entire summer that was under 500 calories a day. Needless to say, I didn’t lose more than three pounds and was a raving bitch the entire time. That really taught me a good lesson: bodies like food. Give it to them, in reasonable, healthy proportions.
    If Gwyneth were recommending this as a healthy diet to follow all the time, it could be dangerous. She makes some really stupid remarks about how she’s carrying holiday weight that just make me want to kick her as hard as I can. The woman is a rail, and I have never seen her look like she’s put on even five pounds. There is not a curve on her body. I’m not saying that’s good or bad, but the idea that we’re supposed to believe she’s put on holiday weight is annoying. That must mean 1.5 pounds to her. I find her emails - and her whole GOOP website - incredibly annoying. Gwyneth is not a nutritionist, and she seems to like experimenting with her health. That’s fine for her, but recommending it to anyone else seems dangerous.
    At the end of her email, Paltrow gives us a little teaser for next time, noting, “Next week my fitness guru, Tracy Anderson, gives us an exclusive video to get our butt in shape for the new year!” This is the same woman who recommended a less than 800 calorie diet to Us Weekly, along with two hours of exercise a day. Apparently Gwyneth’s resolution for the new year is to make sure all her fans get sick.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Gwyneth Paltrow’s detox diet - like the cabbage soup diet but fancy

mmm, sounds good. i love miso soup. those fruit & almond smoothies sound really yummy, too.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Silver Member

Cool

who has the time to wait 3 hours before having breakfast?

Elite Member

Gwennie could stand to gain some weight.

Sounds about as interesting as her

She lost me at room temperature lemon water.

She is such a useless shit stain on the panties of humanity~Bitter's awesome description of K.K

I'd eat everything in sight after the first day

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    I'd eat everything in sight after the first day
    I'd eat all that by 10:00 a.m.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Thread Information