Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oprah Winfery has ANOTHER New Year's diet resolution??

Default Oprah Winfery has ANOTHER New Year's diet resolution??

When I heard this, I was like, are you kidding me?? She's doing this again?? For the 80th time? The most cliche fail-prone thing you can possibly do? A new year's diet?

I saw this story on various TV shows today. And I couldn't believe she would go down this road again!!

Its gonna be on her new Jan show, be your best self or some crap like that. So sick of it!!

After a tough personal year in which she struggled with new weight issues, Oprah's got a New Year's resolution to get back on track -- and she's lined up a week of informative shows for everyone's benefit. What motivated her to rally the troops?

"The idea for having a Best Life Week started with the fact that I wanted to open up about something really deep going in my life," Oprah explains to ET. "The January cover of O magazine is a very personal cover for me; I admit in that issue that I've not just fallen off the wagon, but during the past year I've been struggling really with my own health issues, which contributed to weight issues."

"I talk about my journey to get back on track," she continues, "and I what I recognize is that if I have had to experience that journey, then there must be at least one or two, or two million, other people out there who have also had to struggle with their own issues of health and weight."

Oprah's Best Life Week begins Monday, January 5, 2009, with a week of new shows on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and Oprah & Friends Radio featuring great, helpful advice on fitness, wellness, finance, spiritualism and passion from the likes of Bob Greene, Dr. Oz, Elizabeth Lesser, Suze Orman and Dr. Laura Berman. Afterwards, the event will be followed by a week of exclusive, live Web casts on Oprah.com.
    etonline

In past shows Oprah has admitted to questioning God about “why she was the chosen one … why did she has that much power … why did she has that much success … why she has that much money” … the answer to her recent weight gain might be her way of “having a life that’s not so perfect”.
    (mybeautymatch)

''I'm not a big fan of resolutions,'' said Bob Greene, Winfrey's trainer and author of ''Making the Connection,'' which has topped recent best-seller lists.

''Oprah fell into the trap just like the rest of us,'' Greene said. ''She would vow to make changes and then figure tomorrow or the first of the year was the time to start.''

Greene had other ideas for his celebrity client, whom he met at a Colorado health spa. ''She was putting off workouts and straying from actual starting times'' when he first moved to Chicago to become her trainer.

''I put up with it for three days, then said something. I told her the time to get going was that day, to do something positive for her health.''

Greene's philosophy is to build fitness momentum. It might be simply skipping dessert or walking an extra block during the early days of a promised turnaround. He urges people to keep pursuing physical activity and proper diet until they ''connect'' with the concept that exercising and eating right is about voluntary self-care - not something you grudgingly do out of a sense of obligation.
    Oprah's trainer Greene advises: Make a change, not a resolution
    Last edited by olivia720; December 31st, 2008 at 03:39 AM.

<Yawn>

She really needs to learn to accept that her body wants to be big & just get over it. All of this yo-yo dieting nonsense is just futile, & a recipe for failure.
    Learn to love yourself the way you are, Oprah.

^^I agree. She needs to resolve to never go on another diet and just eat very well and exercise moderately. Her body would look better guaranteed and she'd feel better about herself.

....if they ever figure out a way to transplant heads on different bodies....this woman will be first in line....I think she's sad and pitiful no matter how much power and wealth she has.....serious insecurity....

she's such a shitty rolemodel for her cult.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^^Weight issues can be very hard on the female psyche Cynic. Plus she's in the public eye so it's that much harder.

^^and men have hair loss issues....think Donald Trump......seems like money only magnifies their appearance concerns.....

.....if I had their money, I'd buy television airtime and and make the audience watch me scratch myself......

^^Men don't get raked over the coals because they are bald.

....are you speaking from experience?.......because I beg to differ.....search for the Prince William threads here.....

I'm a woman so of course not - but as an observer of society it's easy to see that women are given a much harder time about their weight than men are about hair loss. Trump's hair is an issue because the man refuses to accept his hair loss and get rid of that stupid combover. Once Rudi Giuliani got rid of his stupid combover and embraced the bald, the media chatter died down and there wasn't that much to begin with.

Mariah gains 30 lbs and the tabloids were all over it again and again. Oprah was practically called a fat cow by the tabloids when her weight blew up in the 80s and 90s.

It's dangerous to generalize but...

I've heard (and of course read on sites like this) both men and women viciously put down celebrity women and RL women for extra weight - sometimes as little as 15 lbs. A bald/balding pate from what I've seen never elicits the same kind of vitriol. You'd never say what "a bald asshole" but you hear "what a fat ass bitch" plenty of times.

With regards to one's sexuality, I'm not sure balding is that much of dealbreaker for many women. Most of my friends don't seem to care - they're more interested in the person. I've seen men refuse to date someone who was otherwise perfect for them because a few or more lbs were involved (sometimes as little as 10 lbs). I say this understanding you can't help what you are attracted to.

I'm not saying that balding is not hard on men - I am saying that societal judgement regarding baldness is not as harsh as it can be about weight, in particular women's.

....men don't talk about balding because that is a verboten subject....but women won't shut up about their weight........if it bothers ya'll so much.....why the hell do you talk about it all the time?!?!?!?!.......

...I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever understand women.....

....I've into fights for commenting on male pattern baldness, so I don't think you understand the depth of male fear about that subject......

....if you weigh too much, eat less, move more.....hair plugs look like hair plugs and most toupees are only amusing......

**note that I am not making this a personal discussion, Miss Qwerty, only men and women in general, in my imagination, you all look like Jessica**
    Last edited by cynic; December 31st, 2008 at 02:24 PM. Reason: trying to not get punched by Qwerty

Jesus fucking Christ--will this ever end?? Why does she even care whether she is fat or thin? I mean, really. Get over it. You're rich. Go buy some young guy and have some fun sexy times. I can only wonder how people with real problems and real illnesses like cancer or Lou Gehrig's disease feel whenever they hear some famous person crying about some damn weight gain. It's not like the bitch is 400 pounds and can't move. She doesn't feel as "pretty." Boo fucking hoo.

And yeah, society makes women feel bad, body image, yada yada. Here is how to deal with that. Don't pay attention to society. "Society" is bullshit and and a construct. It is arbitrary at best. Don't buy into it and you won't care. Then you can live however you like and feel just fine about yourself as long as you haven't killed anyone. Oh yeah, if you are a celebrity and can't handle this, I suggest an immediate career change so you can stop bothering us with your narcissistic nonsense.

Here's some advice to all (fellow) fat people: If you are fat and people give you shit about it, tell them to go fuck themselves. Throw them on the floor, sit on them and refuse to get up until they apologize. Then don't be friends with such assholes. The end.

She asked God why she's rich and fat

Once again Beaker's Ode to Oprah

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpcUxwpOQ_A[/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post

**note that I am not making this a personal discussion, Miss Qwerty, only men and women in general, in my imagination, you all look like Jessica**
    hmm. then in my mind, you look like John Travolta
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information