Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah Winfrey admits to tipping the scales at 200 Lbs.

Default Oprah Winfrey admits to tipping the scales at 200 Lbs.

Having packed 40 pounds onto her former 160-pound self, Oprah Winfrey is declaring, "I'm mad at myself" because she's "fallen off the wagon."

As the media mogul, 54, writes in the January issue of her O magazine hitting newsstands Tuesday (and provided in advance to the Associated Press by Winfrey's Harpo Productions): "I'm embarrassed … I can't believe that after all these years, all the things I know how to do, I'm still talking about my weight. I look at my thinner self and think, 'How did I let this happen again?' "

For starters, the fact that her thyroid was out-of-balance gave her "a fear of working out," she says. "I was so frustrated I started eating whatever I wanted – and that's never good."

Having slimmed down to 160 in 2006, she admits, "Yes, you're adding correctly. That means the dreaded 2-0-0."

Past Diets

Winfrey memorably revealed her new look on her show in 1988 – by wheeling out a wagon loaded with fat to represent the 67 pounds she had shed. On that episode, she sported a pair of size 10 Calvin Klein jeans.

"My greatest failure was in believing that the weight issue was just about the weight," Winfrey told PEOPLE in 1991. "It's about not handling stress properly."

But when it came to slipping into those jeans, "I had literally starved myself for four months [on a liquid-protein diet] – not a morsel of food," Winfrey, an admitted food addict, said in 2005. "Two hours after that show, I started eating to celebrate – of course, within two days those jeans no longer fit!"

Winfrey's weight has long been a topic on her show – and even for late-night hosts. In 1990, she hit 237 pounds, eventually prompting her in 1996 to enlist personal trainer Bob Greene. At the time, she said she had wanted to bring an end to her roller-coaster weight saga.

'Felt Like a Fat Cow'

Choosing a gown for the Barack Obama inauguration coming up in January, however, made Winfrey realize her self-image was no longer jibed with the person standing on the scales – though the real low point occurred last April.

"I felt like a fat cow," Winfrey writes of the occasion when she sought to skip out on a Las Vegas show taping with Cher and Tina Turner. "I wanted to disappear."

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Winfrey's weight and height rank her as obese, with a body mass index of 31.8 – putting her at "at higher risk for chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol," says the CDC.

Winfrey intends to address the issue on The Oprah Winfrey Show, which will kick off "Best Life Week" Jan. 5.

She is also expected to discuss her weight that same day on her XM satellite radio station's The Gayle King Show. Winfrey will also host interactive live Web casts at Oprah.com the week of Jan. 12 to 16, nightly at 9 p.m. ET.

Oprah Winfrey Admits to Tipping the Scales at 200 Lbs. - Bodywatch, Oprah Winfrey : People.com
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Oprah is more than 200 lbs.

.....call me when she admits to tipping the scales at 250.
    Last edited by Sweetie; December 9th, 2008 at 09:13 AM.

She has had a life long battle. I wonder if some people are really not meant to be thin. I think I would just say "Screw it".
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I wonder if some people are really not meant to be thin.
    Agree. Some people are just bigger naturally. But I do think everyone should try to be as fit as they can though.

I hate when celebrities trot out bullshit figures as "admissions" about their weight. I'm sorry, but there's no damn way I'll ever believe The Oprah weighs only 200 pounds. If she doesn't want to tell the truth about her weight, then don't discuss it, but don't lie about it and try and make anyone believe you're about 40 pounds thinner than you really are.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Damn!!!!!
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

She should set a realistic goal and a realistic time frame for losing weight. Being hefty to Hollywood thin in as short a time as possible is never going to work. Forget being skinny, settle for a healthy, maintainable weight. And get a decent therapist to explore and actually resolve the issues that make you binge, not one who just wants to kiss your ass and fuck your cheque book.

Just reading about her previous diet attempts it is just set up for failure.

I do feel sorry for her in a way as her situation is not unique.

Portion control.

I also think it rankles with The Oprah that she can buy anything and everything life has to offer, but she can't buy herself thin.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

There are worse things in life. It seems pointless to be constantly obsessed with your weight. Obviously you don't want to get too huge, but it's not good to always be thinking about it either.

How depressing. Not to even be able to live without worrying about what you look like. Your big so what? People dont like you less or more depending on your size. If you're a thin bitch they might not like you, but if you're a fat bitch they wont like you either. If you are a thin happy nice person, they might like you, and if you are a fat happy nice person they will most likely apppreciate you. Never an easy call.
    Jack I swear.

Elite Member

She alsways lies about it. Just above it claims that she was 160lbs and then right below it said she wore a size 10 then. NO WAY she was 160 and size 10. More like 14-16

200? Yeah, just like Kirstie Alley was only 220.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

She's at least 250 if not more. All of my black female friends seem to be able to carry more weight and not show it. Several weigh at least 180 and can fit into size 10. If I am not under 140 I can't. Not sure why that is, but it is. So I call a huge bullshit on Oprah's claims

For starters, the fact that her thyroid was out-of-balance gave her "a fear of working out," she says.

Huh?
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information