Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow shares her shaping up secrets

Default Gwyneth Paltrow shares her shaping up secrets

Gwyneth Paltrow and Madonna have long been fans of their beloved personal trainer, Tracy Anderson, and in this month's Gotham Magazine Gwyneth sat down to chat all about her two-hour-a-day fitness regime. She also opened up about a few more personal things, like her family, hair, and childhood. Here's more:

• On sharing Tracy with Madonna: "The first time I did her workout, I knew Madonna would flip for it because it’s so hard and so effective. Right now, if Madonna or I have a project and we’re not in the same city, she’ll work with the one who’s traveling. When I did Iron Man she was with me in California. Now she’s on tour with Madonna, so I have another trainer from her studio here with me."
    • On working less now that she has kids: "I haven’t starred in a film since my kids were born, and I don’t think I will. I’ll never get these days back—they’re so delicious, and precious, and hilarious, I don’t want to miss them."
    • On chopping off her hair: "I’d had it long for so long, I think I’d made it like a talisman. I kept thinking about all the life I’d experienced while the hair was growing—I’d look at the ends and think, I had this hair when my dad was alive, and when I was pregnant with my daughter…. Then one day I was doing a Vogue shoot with Orlando Pita and I said, 'That’s it, I can’t take it anymore.' I wanted a fresh start, so he just chopped it off. And now I love it."
    • On summering at her house in the Hamptons: "I work really hard there—it’s like running an inn, in a way. We have a lot of guests, which is fantastic, but sometimes I feel so tired. At the end of the summer I got pneumonia. I think I just overextended myself."
    • On what she loved about growing up in NYC: "Underage smoking on stoops of brownstones, going to museums, the seasons, and how great a school Spence was — how well they prepared me for life."
    • On having another baby: "In theory, I’d love to. But it’s really hard for me when I’m pregnant — I’m sick as a dog for months. Sometimes I think, 'Oh my God, I want another one right now, I’ll sustain any amount of vomiting or whatever.' And then sometimes I think, Gosh, everyone’s sleeping through the night now. If it’s meant to happen, it’ll happen."
    Photos and Interview of Gwyneth Paltrow in Gotham Magazine | Gwyneth Paltrow, Gotham Magazine | POPSUGAR - Celebrity Gossip & News.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Hmmm, two hours a day...

In my last job I had to leave the house at 7.20am at the very latest. I got home again usually around 6.40pm. By the time I had fed the cats, fed me, managed to get a little housework done (so it wasn't waiting en masse to destroy my weekend) and had some time to clean myself up I'd be damned if I would want to or have the time to spend two hours on a work out! And that was without kids to take care of as well.

STFU, Paltrow!

She looks good.

Where are the shaping up secrets in this article?? Or is having 2 hours a day with your personal trainer the secret?

I wonder what the secret is to getting her to STFU?
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by KandyKorn View Post
    I wonder what the secret is to getting her to STFU?
    i take it that you haven't read her weekly GOOP e-mail newsletter yet?

Quote Originally Posted by calcifer View Post
    i take it that you haven't read her weekly GOOP e-mail newsletter yet?
    I have read that crap!! Does she say how to get her to STFU?!
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

I liked her when she wasn't so f*cking preachy. She's become insufferable and smug.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

wow, i could sooooooooooooooooo NOT give a shit what this ugly bland twit has to say about anything!

^Took the words right out of my mouth, Alice... but I could never have said it so eloquently.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

If we had the money and flexibility of an actor's schedule, we all would have the perfect celebrity body. Celebrities are not that special, just lucky.
    Last edited by qwerty; December 8th, 2008 at 03:02 PM.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

She's retarded; it's official. Shape... she really doesn't have much of one. I think her body is quite dumpy and oddly shaped.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Hmmm, two hours a day...

In my last job I had to leave the house at 7.20am at the very latest. I got home again usually around 6.40pm. By the time I had fed the cats, fed me, managed to get a little housework done (so it wasn't waiting en masse to destroy my weekend) and had some time to clean myself up I'd be damned if I would want to or have the time to spend two hours on a work out! And that was without kids to take care of as well.

STFU, Paltrow!
    In the mid to late eighties I was pretty much addicted to fitness. I, too, had a household, a social life and a job yet I did everything and still spent 2 hours a day, 4 times a week at the gym Somehow, when you're that hooked on working out, you do find the time. Looking back, I'm amazed at how quick I could do all the housechores etc. I did everything like I was on a military mission. I only cut down and finally stopped working out when I got, yes really, a SECOND job to go with the rest of my activities. The only reason why I quit working out then, was because with all the traveling between jobs I really didn't have time anymore. Now I get tired just remembering those days!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by KandyKorn View Post
    I have read that crap!! Does she say how to get her to STFU?!
    oh no, i meant that she was far from shutting up, not now with her nourish-the-inner-aspect nonsense every week, sorry to get your hopes up!

I don't care one bit about Gwyneth.
    Ever since she won the oscar instead of Cate Blanchett. She is exactly the same in every role. BORING!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information