Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Naturally skinny people-cursed or blessed?

Default Naturally skinny people-cursed or blessed?

I am a naturally skinny person and I have started to feel really bad about this.There are people who tell me that I have an amazing body and people who constantly tell me that I need to gain some pounds and curves because I look really skinny.
    My body is like Michelle Pfeiffer's at her youth or gwyneth paltrow 's now.
    It is very hard for me to gain a single pound. I eat the same things with my friends on holidays and with my family at home but I am very lean.

Is it curse?I always feel like crap when people tell me that if I gain weight I will get curves because I know my body and that this is impossible..

Bronze Member

Thin or not, people are going to judge. It's their nature. In a perfect world, nobody would even pay attention to body types of others. Honestly, it's NOBODY'S business except the person who lives in that body. Compliments would revolve around personality traits, work ethic, etc, rather than the generic "Love the shoes" or "You have an awesome (or too this or that) body," etc.

If you are happy in your body, it will reflect in your attitude and demeanor, you will instantly appear more confident, and yes, attractive, to others. They'll be less likely to comment positive or negative on your body type, and more apt to simply admire you as a person. It doesn't have to be a curse...not unless you allow it to be.

I'm naturally thin and while it was great to be able to eat whatever I wanted, the constant comments like, "You're so pretty but you really need to gain some weight," or "I'm worried- you're too thin," were really hurtful and offensive.

Elite Member

How old are you? Usually by your mid-twenties things start to change. I was very thin until after college and then I began to gain weight. I miss the days when I could eat anything. Enjoy it while it lasts!

It's a matter of perspective. Most overweight people are not happy with their lot either. Losing weight and keeping it off permanently is hard for most. I would think - actually I know that a lot of people are jealous of those who can eat whatever they want and stay thin, if even painfully so.

What's key here is self acceptance. Stop listening to other people - politely tell them to STFU - and appreciate your body being perfect as it is. There's a whole crowd of people out there trying to emulate your bodytype and starving to do so.

I'm guessing you're not very old. I think you'll gain weight after 30, for sure.

I think its a blessing to be thin, big time.

Just enjoy it and don't let people bother you. It is rude to comment on anyone's weight, whether they are thin or fat, so the people who tell you you are too thin need to learn some manners.

The most important thing is health and fitness. If you have both of these things then do not worry. This is your body type. Don't try to change what you naturally are, as long as you exercise, eat a healthy diet, and don't smoke. Feel free to let other people know how you feel when they make those comments to you.

If you're eating well, feel healthy, and taking care of yourself it should be of little consequence what people say. People will never be satisfied.. you're either too thin or too big.. if you were on the other side of the fence the comments would be just as annoying, if not moreso. Enjoy it while you can and don't pay attention to what other people say.

I have two friends, one is about 5'8 and all of 100 pounds soaking wet, with one kid and one that is about 5'6 and all of 90 pounds with 3 kids, both NATURALLY like this, they both are healthy eaters and eat lots of foods none of us could ever get away with eating, they get crap all of the time, people just need to stop drinkng the haterade sometimes...
    Id rather be hated for who I am than loved for who Im not

If it wasn't that,it would be something else! I think some people are looking for something to say. Next time,just say "Yeah-ain't it great?"
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

waiting for the Madam to return with the whip

I'm the same way, but I'm almost 30. I'm waiting for it to change.
    But I guess I'd rather be thin than obese, if I got to choose.

Bronze Member

Yeah, this often changes a little in your thirties. I used to eat a whole frozen pizza followed by a pint of ice cream, then go to sleep, and I was still thin as a rail. Since I've hit my thirties and stopped smoking I have to watch what I eat or I'll start carrying an extra 5-10 somewhere. It's still easier for people like us than for most.

I know what you mean, though. People project and assume you have an eating disorder, etc. They just don't understand and are sometimes jealous.

Hit By Ban Bus!

so tired of skinny people being like...poor us everyone thinks we are so unhealthy. life is so hard when you can eat whatever the hell you want and never gain a pound....jealous losers!

One of friends is just like that,she eats twice as much as I do and she's a freaking stick.I have to watch what I eat because I gain weight very easily.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information