Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Cheryl Burke and Lacey Schwimmer of Dancing With The Stars need to lose weight?

Default Do Cheryl Burke and Lacey Schwimmer of Dancing With The Stars need to lose weight?

A couple of the male DWTS pros seem to think so:

Usmagazine.com | News - DWTS Pro: Cheryl Burke and Lacey Schwimmer Need to Lose Weight!

DWTS Pro: Cheryl Burke and Lacey Schwimmer Need to Lose Weight!
    Wednesday October 22, 2008

Dancer Cheryl Burke at the Avalon in L.A., Sept 2008 ; Dancer Lacey-Mae Schwimmer in Beverly HIlls in Oct. 2008.
    Michael Bezjian / Wire Image ; Jon Kopaloff / Film Magic

Buzz up!
    The professional dancers on DWTS are not pleased that Cheryl Burke and Lacey Schwimmer packed on a few pounds this season.

"If you want to gain weight, it's your prerogative," dancer Louis van Amstel says in the newest issue of TV Guide.

"We all put on weight because there was no summer tour," he adds. "But you have to deal with the consequences."

Pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy is also complaining.

"When I first saw these women this season, I said, 'Guys, you know the camera adds 10 pounds,'" he says. "'You have to do something about this."

Burke and Schwimmer have gotten slimmer since the season's premiere, but van Amstel says the damage is done.

"[People] look at this show to be inspired and think, 'If I just work hard enough, I can look like that,'" he says. "If they watch someone who's dancing her butt off and she's still heavy, they can be discouraged.

"You have to take responsibility," he adds.

Tell Us: Do you think Cheryl and Lacey look overweight?
    Umm, I think they look fine...

Elite Member

No.

Cheryl has never been super-skinny, I don't know about the other girl, but they never seemed to have a problem with it before.. give me a break.

Lacey is brand new to the show. so i doubt that they are bitching about a severe weight gain. when she was on So You Think You Can Dance she wasnt tiny there either, but certainly not fat.
    And Cheryl Burke has gained weight, sure, but she's not fat. i still dont like her tho lol
    i seriously need to get a life.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

who are these tools complaining?
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

You have to be kidding me?

I thought the show is about dancing? If a little weight gain hasn't harmed their performances, than what's the problem? Stupid assholes.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

i suppose if you stand them next to julianne from DWTS they might look big but they look normal to me

Elite Member

Cheryl's weight gain was obvious...but she's a curvy girl. I'm sure she's very small in real life, but as mentioned above, put her next to someone like Julianne or Karina and she'll look huge -- it's the Ally McBeal syndrome.

I think she looks great -- heavier or not, but it was an obvious change from last year. Kym looks heavier too.

The guys are probably complaining b/c they don't want to lift 10 lbs more. Sob.

...dancers are supposed to be thin.....they ain't fat....but they ain't thin either.....dancers should have defined muscle tone....

Default Cheryl Burke speaks out on the Ellen show

Usmagazine.com | News - DWTS' Cheryl Burke: "You Don't Have to Be a Size 0 to Be Beautiful"

DWTS' Cheryl Burke: "You Don't Have to Be a Size 0 to Be Beautiful" Friday October 24, 2008

Frazer Harrison/Getty Images; Michael Rozman/Warner Bros.

Buzz up!
    Dancing With the Stars' Cheryl Burke is sounding off on critics who have claimed she's gained too much weight.

"I was like, maybe I should just starve myself for four weeks just so people would shut up," she said on Friday's Ellen DeGeneres Show. "But at the end of the day ... I'm an athlete. I like to eat, I like to work out, and I like to feel healthy, and I feel healthy."

When DeGeneres told her she looked great, the audience applauded.

"There is so much pressure -- especially starting younger and younger -- for girls to think they have to look a certain way," the talk show host told Burke. "They're making themselves sick."

Earlier this week, season six contestant Louis Van Amstel and professional dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy spoke out negatively about Burke’s weight gain and that of newcomer Lacey Schwimmer (Chmerkovskiy insists his quotes were taken out of context).

Criticizing a woman's weight "is just a wrong statement to make ... for women, and it's dangerous," Burke said.

"You don't have to be a size zero to be beautiful," she added. "In the world that I may live in right now, you don't have to be skin and bones. You can be healthy and beautiful, and you need to accept that about yourself and feel secure about it."

When Burke admitted that she is a "size four in a dress," DeGeneres praised her.

"That is a normal body and that's what most people's bodies -- if they're lucky -- look like," she said. "I think people would trade you for that body."

Added DeGeneres, "You're a beautiful person and don't hear [criticism] anymore. Don't listen to it."

A thin female body is desirable in dancing - it also makes it easier for the male partner in lifts.

I think they're both pretty short so maybe that is why they look a little stocky.
    ssabmud

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    ...dancers are supposed to be thin.....they ain't fat....but they ain't thin either.....dancers should have defined muscle tone....
    So long as they can dance like hell it doesn't matter. They are already on the show; the producers must not mind, so they are set.
    "Give me your love and I'll give you--the Perfect Love Song!"

Maybe they should hire Allegra Versace for the show? Ugh...these girls look beautiful and healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by fatguyinalittlecoat View Post
    So long as they can dance like hell it doesn't matter. They are already on the show; the producers must not mind, so they are set.

....it obviously matters to them since they keep arguing that they are not chunky......they'll pull a Jennifer Love Hewitt and lose weight in the next few months......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information