Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Model Kate Moss: "I was never anorexic"

Default Model Kate Moss: "I was never anorexic"

Model Kate Moss: "I Was Never Anorexic"
    Friday August 22, 2008

Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images; Courtesy of InterviewBuzz up!

During the 1990s, Kate Moss weighed an estimated 100 pounds, prompting NYC graffiti-ists to scrawl "Feed me" across her midriff on Calvin Klein ads at bus stops.
    Now, the 5' 7" model, 34, admits she was too skinny.
    "I was never anorexic, so I was never that skinny," she tells September's Interview. "I was never bony-bony. But I remember thinking, 'I don't want to be this skinny.'"

She says when she was "doing shows and flying economy ... nobody ever fed me. Or I'd be staying in hotels so cheap that by the time I'd get in, there wasn't any room service.
    "I didn't eat for a long time. Not on purpose," she admits. "You'd be on shoots with bad food or get on a plane, and the food would be so disgusting you couldn't eat it.
    "You go to a show, and there's no food at all, so if you're doing shows back to back, you can forget eating," Moss adds. "I remember standing up in the bath one day, and there was a mirror in front of me, and I was so thin! I
    hated it. I never liked being that skinny."

She also sounded off against breast implants, calling them "awful."
    "So many of my friends have had them, and they've gone wrong," Moss says, adding that one of her pals "had one that sort of moved up to her shoulder."
    Still, she says, "if I got saggy, like the sacks some women have after they have children, I'd have them done. I'm not against them...."
    Over the years, Moss says she has come to accept her body. But it took her some time.
    When she was 15, photographer Corrine Day used to make her pose topless as training.
    "I'd cry," Moss says. "After five years, you get used to it and you're not self-conscious anymore.
    "Bowlegs. Crooked teeth. That is what makes you different from everyone else," she adds. "But when I was 15, I was like, 'Oh no, I don't want to be different ... I want to look like Cindy Crawford!'"

Usmagazine.com | News - Model Kate Moss: "I Was Never Anorexic"
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Maybe not anorexic-but definitely a drug addict.

I love that red photo!

SVZ

hmmm i like this interview

If you are hungry , i don't care how bad you claim the food to be....you will want to eat! I am so SICK of the "I forget to eat excuse" , that is why your stomach growls and you feel pain in your stomach ...TO REMIND YOU . I think she is full of it ......she intentionally starved herself i am sure...call it anorexia or not.
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I recall liking her because I was never going to be beautiful like the super tall, built models like Cindy and Naomi. When I saw Moss - small, not stacked, goofy but appealing features - I liked the quirks. I liked that compared to the "glamazons" that appeared in that George Michael video, she was kinda . . . ordinary but still pretty in her own way.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Gold Member

While I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, I really do think that most models - male and female - have an eating disorder, an exercise disorder, or both. No matter your body type, humans are not meant to be that thin, damnit!

I am sure it wasn't anorexia, but drugs.

They don't call her Cocaine Kate for nothing.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Gold Member

^ I think she must pretty much exist on a diet of cocaine, coffee and cigarettes. Poor thing! She probably hasn't eaten a square meal since she was ten years old!

Quote Originally Posted by esmereldagrubb View Post
    If you are hungry , i don't care how bad you claim the food to be....you will want to eat! I am so SICK of the "I forget to eat excuse" , that is why your stomach growls and you feel pain in your stomach ...TO REMIND YOU . I think she is full of it ......she intentionally starved herself i am sure...call it anorexia or not.
    I don't know, I've never been anorexic and I tend to forget to eat. Longest I went without food was three days, and I kind of didn't notice the fact that did not eat for that long.

I don't feel hungry all that much, it has taken me years to learn to eat three times a day. My stomach does not growl and I don't feel pain.

But I do think that with her it was the drugs.

Gold Member

Hmm there are certain drugs in the industry that is used to "forget" your appetite. She also abused appetite surpressants. But also lot of models are barely making ends meet.....mmm cigs, coffee, maybe some ramen noodles if you got a gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahti View Post
    I don't know, I've never been anorexic and I tend to forget to eat. Longest I went without food was three days, and I kind of didn't notice the fact that did not eat for that long.

I don't feel hungry all that much, it has taken me years to learn to eat three times a day. My stomach does not growl and I don't feel pain.

But I do think that with her it was the drugs.
    No offense, but that is not normal and there is definitely something wrong there! 3 days???
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by esmereldagrubb View Post
    No offense, but that is not normal and there is definitely something wrong there! 3 days???
    Not offended. Yes, I know it's not normal, but does it matter? I was just saying that it is possible to not feel very hungry when you don't eat.
    I try to eat three times a day, because of my fear of being all flabby and nutrient deprived, but I takes a lot of effort.

Maybe it's because of my tendency to concentrate 100% when I work which causes me to forget stuff, or then it's because my parents never forced me to eat when I didn't feel like it, therefore I ate in a very irregular pattern.

Maybe someone like Kate Moss also has some of the same problems, and then a drug problem on top of that?

I've known people who forget to eat too. It doesn't happen to me, with the exception of unusual circumstances like heatwaves (and it's more like my whole body shutting down from the heat as opposed to forgetting) or days spent in beach bars in the summer getting all my calories in liquid, alcoholic form. But during the winter? Forget it, I need food at regular intervals, or I get cranky.

In Kate's case it's probably because of the coke-it really kills your appetite.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information