Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heidi Klum on losing the baby weight: "You can't kid yourself"

Default Heidi Klum on losing the baby weight: "You can't kid yourself"

Buzz up!

Heidi Klum's tip for losing that pesky baby weight?
    Be realistic.
    “I always think, 'Look at how people were before they were pregnant,'" Klum, 34, says in June's Marie Claire. “If you were a toned, healthy, energetic person, most likely you will be like that again."
    Klum rocked a bikini two months after welcoming her second child, Henry, in a 2005 Victoria's Secret fashion show.
    "A lot of people come to me, and they’re like, ‘Will I look like you after I have the baby?’" she added. "And I say, ‘Well, how were you before?’" she says. "You can’t kid yourself.”
    (See more post-baby bods here.)
    As a mother of three — Leni, 4; Henry, almost 3; Johan, 18 months — Klum insists fitting into her skinny jeans is no longer a priority.
    "I always wanted to be a mom," says Klum, who was honored as Style Icon of the Year at Us' Hot Hollywood Awards. "At Thanksgiving, I have my parents there, I have screaming kids, I have a big fat turkey - 18 pounds - sitting in the middle; legs are being ripped off that thing, you know what I mean? There’s life in the house.
    "I don’t want to be wondering about how skinny I am, wondering what I’m going to eat because I don’t want to gain and I want to look hot and young, always and forever," she adds.
    Her husband Seal also helps her keep things in perspective.
    She met the singer in NYC's Mercer Hotel in 2003 when she was five weeks pregnant with Leni (her daughter from a previous relationship with businessman Flavio Briatore).
    The next year, he popped the question atop a glacier in the Canadian Rockies. (They wed in 2005 in Mexico.)
    “He took me by helicopter,” Klum recalls. “He had an igloo built there, and they’d brought up everything: a bed with sheets inside the igloo, rose petals everywhere, candles.
    "There was food and champagne," she goes on. "It was a little scary, too, because you’re so cut off from the world. No trees, nothing ... but I was ecstatic.

Usmagazine.com | Heidi Klum on Losing the Baby Weight:"You Can't Kid Yourself"
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

We're not celebrities and don't have the money and the resources available to LOSE the baby weight. I'd be back down to a size zero if I had the kind of money she did. Give me a break. I look good, and I'm small, but I'll never be what I was, and that's okay.

She's absolutely right. My mum always worked out/watched what she ate, and she regained her figure very fast, but she did work her ass off to achieve it.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I'm really tired of the not having the same resources as celebrities crap. OMG I'm pretty much broke, work full time, take care of a 3 year old full time yet I still manage to take care of myself regarding proper diet and getting some exercise in. Did she have an assload of plastic surgery? That's the only way I can honestly see money being a factor. Being rich or a broke ass should honestly have no bearing on a person being able to move their ass; your body is the one thing in life you get for free.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

SVZ

It doesn't take a million dollar income to eat healthy and exercise.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    I'm really tired of the not having the same resources as celebrities crap. OMG I'm pretty much broke, work full time, take care of a 3 year old full time yet I still manage to take care of myself regarding proper diet and getting some exercise in. Did she have an assload of plastic surgery? That's the only way I can honestly see money being a factor. Being rich or a broke ass should honestly have no bearing on a person being able to move their ass; your body is the one thing in life you get for free.
    Thanks, I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    It doesn't take a million dollar income to eat healthy and exercise.
    Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Thanks, I was thinking the same thing.
    I couldn't agree more. Heidi doesn't look good because of money, she looks good because she works hard.

I don't agree 100% with this. I do take the stairs, watch what I eat, work a job on my feet (fortunately) and do what I can. But I guarantee you that if I could take several months at a time off and get a full night's sleep every night and work out every single day with a trainer...and afford to buy and have the time to prepare (or have it done for me) quality foods for every single meal, then it would make a big, big difference in the way of results.

Celebs DO have resources that I don't. I only mentioned a few here. It's a fact that makes things like getting in shape and staying in shape after a baby...or at any given time...way easier than for the average person.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Bronze Member

Haha when my mom had me she gained 9 pounds while pregnant and lost ten when I was born (though I weighed 5). So that was pretty quick and instant! But normally when celebrities say all they do is chase after their kids and don't worry about their figures it's, um, kinda hard to believe. And besides if they REALLY don't care, then WHY POSE HALF NAKED on the cover of a magazine TALKING about how you don't care?

I saw some very recent bikini pics of Heidi and she definitely does not look great. I bet most people wouldn't look twice if they saw her at the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    I saw some very recent bikini pics of Heidi and she definitely does not look great. I bet most people wouldn't look twice if they saw her at the beach.
    The green bikini?

I just saw those and I was very surprised she was just skinny and unshapely with a mushy ass, like Paris but better.

Here I found the link

Heidi: What A Beach « TMZ.com Photo Gallery
    Last edited by suede; May 9th, 2008 at 05:05 PM.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Well, I very, very quickly lost my baby weight, and wear my pre-baby clothes. I'm just saying.....when we have to go back to work, and we don't have nannies, personal chefs, and trainers, it's A LOT harder. I did not eat like a pig during my pregnancy, and I continued to be very active. I look just as good now as I did before my baby---but I do think it's rather silly for celebs to tell us how to get in shape. Or to tell us how to do anything.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Heidi Klum didn't give any advice to listen to or disregard.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Heidi Klum also makes her living off her body, so she's going to work damned hard to keep it in shape.
    As do most models & actresses.... (having had a baby yada yada yada), and yes, having the extra resources does make it easier.
    My experience of the whole LA lifestyle is that people are much more aware of what is good for them, eat right & do coke... no, seriously, they seems to go to bed early and stuff... weird!
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    The green bikini?

I just saw those and I was very surprised she was just skinny and unshapely with a mushy ass, like Paris but better.

Here I found the link

Heidi: What A Beach « TMZ.com Photo Gallery
    Yes, those are the pics I was referring too. Mushy ass,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information