Thread: Pregnant Brooke Burke offers her fitness secrets

Default Pregnant Brooke Burke offers her fitness secrets

For expectant mom Brooke Burke, staying in shape during – and after – pregnancy is an ongoing process that she works hard at.

Pregnant with her fourth child, Burke tells Entertainment Tonight that she owes her bikini-ready body to her rigorous workouts – and a few other secrets.

"I’ve been doing Pilates for eight years. I actually started with my first pregnancy. I’m a big believer in staying fit during your pregnancy," says Burke, 36, who is engaged to actor David Charvet.

"I know a lot of women are a little afraid to work their abs, or are afraid of core work, but I think it supports your back and I think it helps for an easier delivery and it makes us feel good," says the actress.

Burke, who gained 30 pounds during her last pregnancy, maintains that exercise helped her get back in share faster after delivery. "The more fit you are during your pregnancy, the quicker you're going to bounce back. I probably started up two weeks after delivery and I felt I could handle that."

As for her other secret weapon, Burke is a firm believer in wrapping her post-delivery belly in a compression wrap called Taut, which she says helped her go back to her pre-pregnancy size.

Pregnant Brooke Burke Offers Her Fitness Secrets - Bodywatch, Brooke Burke : People.com

interesting..i have to say her body looks phenominal

Shes pregnant again??

Yeah, being married to a plastic surgeon didn't hurt either.

I'm kinda curious about those Taut compression wraps. Never heard of them before.

I have. But I wouldn't recommend them as a way of actually getting your body/belly back to pre-baby size. Now if you're only talking about it looking smaller in clothes (until you get it back to pre-baby size) then that's another matter.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Gold Member

taut is a gimmick, yeah wrap my ass in a cast for while it'll be all thin but once them blood and juices get to circulating again you'll want a refund. She just plugging her friends business that's all.

^^ Ah, okay. Thanks MrsDark and SnuffMaker.

I was thinking it was something to hold you in to help retrain the muscles, or maybe that the snug feeling would help you remember to hold in your tummy muscles.

Sounds like an uncomfortable pain in the ass. I'll just stick to crunches.

I think there may be something to wrapping your belly post-pregnancy. I was watching a show about overweight people, and they were saying that if you keep your skin wrapped while losing weight, it actually helps the skin shrink back.

If I every manage to get knocked up, I plan to wrap my belly up, but I will also do my best to stay as fit as possible while pregnant.

Letting a device "hold the muscles in" isn't doing anything to train or work them at all. It's actually giving them a break instead of forcing your muscles to do some work.

Not sure if I buy the "helps skin shrink back/become taut again" shuck and jive either. The ability of one's skin to "snap back" usually has more to do with age, genetics, and how much stretching the skin underwent (amt of weight gained) and how quickly. There's usually not too much you can do about it after the fact aside from PS and those firming creams that temporarily shrink tissues (mainly thru dehydration) to give a tighter, smaller appearance for the time that they are being used.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Letting a device "hold the muscles in" isn't doing anything to train or work them at all. It's actually giving them a break instead of forcing your muscles to do some work.
    Was thinking maybe it would help one to remember to hold the stomach muscles in, but still, it sounds way too uncomfortable. I was able to get my belly nice and flat again after the first 3 (with some work and patience)..... hopefully it'll happen again with this one.

"I know a lot of women are a little afraid to work their abs, or are afraid of core work, but I think it supports your back and I think it helps for an easier delivery and it makes us feel good," says the actress.
    That's weird. Every woman I know works her abs in some way. Even my grammy does crunches!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Whats A "taut"?!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuffMaker View Post
    taut is a gimmick, yeah wrap my ass in a cast for while it'll be all thin but once them blood and juices get to circulating again you'll want a refund. She just plugging her friends business that's all.
    OH THANKS

Thread Information