Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cher overlooks daughter Chastity Bono's growing weight problem

Default Cher overlooks daughter Chastity Bono's growing weight problem

As the daughter of one of Hollywood's most surgically-enhanced stars, Chastity Bono long ago decided to take a very different approach to her own body.

Now, at last, it appears that Cher is learning to live with her daughter's more relaxed views about weight.

Chastity, who is thought to be around 18 stone, and her mother were spotted after enjoying lunch in the Hollywood sunshine.

Scroll down for more...

Concerned: Cher with 38-year-old Chastity earlier this month, she is said to be worried about her daughter's ballooning figure

Weighty problem: Cher's daughter Chastity Bono has gained more weight since a stint on a reality weight-loss show and is said to have swelled to 23 stone

The 61-year-old actress wore tinted oval sunglasses and a black sparkling top, while her 37-year-old daughter opted for comfort over style in baggy blue jeans and a brown loose-fitting shirt.

While their outfits were as contrasting as ever, there was none of the bitterness that has marred their relationship in the past.

"Cher and Chastity shared a really relaxed meal and both seemed on excellent form," said an onlooker.
    "Mother and daughter are clearly very close as they spent most of the hour laughing and chatting away like there was no tomorrow.

Scroll down for more...

The writer and activist, seen here last year, and right in 1993, is the only daughter of Sonny and former husband Bono, and has long battled with her weight as well as drug addiction

"When they said their farewells, Chastity gave her mum a kiss on the cheek before heading home."
    Young Chastity: With her parents Sonny Bono and Cher in the early 1970s

Cher, who once brought out a weight loss fitness video and is militant in her approach to diet and exercise, is said to have clashed with her daughter when she ballooned to 21 stone.

They also fought when Chastity, an author, came out as a lesbian in 1995, with Cher ordering her daughter into therapy.
    Chastity is Cher's only daughter from her relationship with Sonny Bono, the singer turned politician who died in a skiing accident in 1998.

Last year Chastity entered the U.S. version of Celebrity Fit Club, during which she lost two stone and endeared herself to the nation.
    Speaking about her weight, and her relationship with her mother, she said recently: "Everyone I meet is so encouraging. My life has definitely changed.

"[Cher is] thrilled that I'm losing weight and getting healthier, but as for her being more proud of me, I don't think there's anything work-wise I could do that would make that happen. Because she is already proud of me.

"What Mom cares about most is that I'm happy, healthy and enjoying my life.'
    Chastity revealed when she appeared on TV with her parents - she preferred to dress like her father

Slim Cher overlooks daughter Chastity's growing weight problem | the Daily Mail

yeah she's big, but if she's happy then thats great. and i like that Cher is finally coming to terms about Chastitys weight.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I got the Nat Enquirer this week, and it said she is depressed and suicidal...I don't know if that is true considering the source!?

I agree though, if you are happy and big it's all good. Happiness is a hard thing to find.

Cher encapsulated everything about the 60s, 70s, and 80s in her hairdos.

Bitch is so fierce.

A*O

Fat people are NOT happy no matter how much they claim otherwise. Trust me on this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Chastity is massive! It's not just an aesthetic thing anymore, it's gotta be affecting her health.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Gosh if the article hadn't mentioned it I'd NEVER have guessed she was a dyke!

She ticks all the stereotypical boxes, bless her.

Wow - what a good, loving mom. She had lunch with her fat daughter. She should be given a medal or something.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

320 lbs plus can't be healthy.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Chastity looks like the guy in my IT department....(Hi Chris...in case you see this)!!!

More troubling than Chastity's weight is that Cher looks like David Gest in that first pic.

When someone balloons that quickly - especially after dieting with some success - I worry about medical issues. Maybe it's something in the thyroid, adrenal glands, metabolism, whatever, or maybe it's evidence of an emotional hole, anxiety management, or maladaptive self-soothing.

I don't see where Chastity is a big-framed person, so I worry about the long-term effects on her joints and connective tissues.

I don't presuppose to know her internal state, but I do question whether "I'm happy and fine with it" can really be plausible here given her overall history and build. But if that truly is her approach, perhaps despite any resulting health issues, then more power to her.

Also it's funny to look back and remember when Cher did not have full lips.

I dont think it matters how she feels about what she looks like, she needs to consider how she'd feel about having a heart attack.

Hit By Ban Bus!

i'm a year younger than her and when i was a little girl i remember seeing her on the sonny & cher show. and honestly, i felt so ugly even then at like 4 or 5!! she was a cute little blonde thing, and i was like a scrawny ugly pippi longstocking type.

now i look at myself and i look at her and i think holy man, what a changearound! i'm TOTALLY wayyyyy cuter than her now muahaha!!!

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Castity looks like John Candy in these pics!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information