Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mum loses half body weight to win slimmer of the year

Default Mum loses half body weight to win slimmer of the year

Mum loses half body weight to win slimmer of the year

Stephanie Burgess is literally half the woman she used to be.

The 31-year-old mother lost half her body weight - a whopping 12 stone - after piling on the pounds because of health problems and depression.
    When her weight ballooned to more than 24 stone she was so distraught she even wrote letters explaining how to care for her children in case she died. Scroll down for more...
    Super slimmer: Stephanie Burgess lost more than half her body weight

Now, svelte Mrs Burgess has been crowned Slimming World's Woman of the Year 2007 and couldn't be happier.
    She said: "My little girl looks back at photos and says, 'Is that mummy before she was fit?'
    "My son screamed for about five minutes when he found out I'd won. He's so proud."
    Mrs Burgess lives with her husband, Mark, and children, Thomas, eight, and Cerys, four, in Redcar, Cleveland.
    She said: "My diet was okay, it was the junk food I was eating secretly that was the problem - sweets and chocolates and crisps."
    Mrs Burgess said she started piling on the weight when she was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome and told by doctors she might never have children.
    Her sadness turned to secret comfort-eating behind her husband's back and although she happily gave birth to Thomas and Cerys, Mrs Burgess sunk in to post natal depression and put on even more weight. Scroll down for more...
    Fighting the flab: Mrs Burgess shows off her slim figure and enormous old trousers

Less than two years ago, weighing in at 24 stone, Mrs Burgess said she was convinced she was going to die. She said she was physically exhausted and suffered from excruciating backache and pain in her knees and ankles.
    She said: "I was at my lowest point, in the depths of depression."
    Fortunately her sister pursuaded her to try a slimming group and Mrs Burgess now credits the other members of the group for part of her success as they supported her over two years while she lost a total of 12 stone 2.5 lbs.
    She put her weight loss down to healthy eating and exercise, saying the group completely changed her approach to food and exercise.
    "I didn't go on a diet. I've just been re-educated about food and the importance of exercise," she said.
    "If I'd carried on like before I'd just have kept piling weight on. I didn't have a life. I didn't do anything. I was just existing really. "Now, it's like a world opens up to you. You don't feel as nervous. You fit in to society better as well."

Mum loses half body weight to win slimmer of the year | the Daily Mail
    Fame is like a river, that beareth up things light and swollen, and drowns things weighty and solid - Francis Bacon

Well good for her. She looks nice and I am sure she feels MUCH better.

Wow I'm always amazed how much younger they look after loosing that much weight. Good job!

She looks so much younger!!

When I saw the first photo, before reading the article I thought she looked about 50! Now she looks like she could be the daughter of her previous incarnation! Yay for her!
    Fame is like a river, that beareth up things light and swollen, and drowns things weighty and solid - Francis Bacon

good for her...she looks so much healthier.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

That's a dramatic change! Good for her, she went from 'amorphous blob' to 'quite pretty'.

She looks great, but arrrrrggghhhhhh! White tights and ugly pumps! I feel tortured right now, seriously!!!! I commend her for her weight loss, now get thee to a stylist, my eyes are burning!!!
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

holy crap, she looked like Jabba the Hutt before! I'm impressed at how her upper arms went almost down to normal. She was enormous before! She must have exercised quite a bit.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    holy crap, she looked like Jabba the Hutt before! I'm impressed at how her upper arms went almost down to normal. She was enormous before! She must have exercised quite a bit.
    That and the fact that she actually didn't rush with the weight loss but was patient and took her time. I think that contributs alot since the body and skin have more time to adjust. Good job!

Hit By Ban Bus!

wow you can lose weight without getting your most of your stomach taken out? good for her! not very many people do it the hard way anymore.

wowza
    good from far but far from good.

Excellent!

She's a good inspiration

Congrats to her.
    But, ya know...makes me feel bad for not even trying to lose the 25-30 lbs I need. Oh well...White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake anyone?
    ...feed me now!

She looks great

Gold Member

Damn, girl! She looks amazing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information