Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Body Quotes

Default Celebrity Body Quotes

Celebrity Body Quotes

Shania Twain:

'I don't want my body to be a distraction from my talent or my brain'

Cindy Crawford:

'The thing I like about my body is that it's strong. I can move furniture around my apartment. I can ride my horse... I can play basketball. It's a well-functioning machine'

Nell McAndrew:

'I love all the media attention, but my first love is still modelling. I know I've got a good body and I thoroughly enjoy showing it off'

Salma Hayek:

'I refuse to become part of this perfect-body syndrome. I like my body. It looks good on-screen, and it's not because it's perfect. I accept it and wear it like a good dress... One guy I dated said: "You're beautiful, but you're soft. You can't compete with other actresses in Hollywood because everyone's in shape and working out." I said: "Very nice to meet you. Good-bye!"'

Anne Heche:

'What's so beautiful about breasts is their uniqueness. I don't understand the obsession with fakeness. It's a very odd thing, isn't it, to prefer fake and big to small and unique or just beautiful and real'

Avril Lavigne:

'I rejected some gorgeous publicity shots because they just didn't look like me. I won't wear skanky clothes that show off my booty, my belly or boobs. I have a great body. I could be Britney. I could be better than Britney'

Cher:

'I think that the longer I look good, the better gay men feel'

Christina Aguilera:

'I'm getting a trainer. But not to lose anything, because I like being a little thicker!'

Monica Bellucci:

'My body is so important to me... my face, my arms, my legs, my hands, my eyes, everything. I use everything I have'

Kari Wuhrer:
    (Actress and singer, starred in General Hospital and Hellraiser) [I'm glad they said who she is]
    'It's either a freeing experience thing for me or it's some kind of insecurity thing where I really love my body and I honestly do think it's my biggest asset'

Drew Barrymore:

'God made a very obvious choice when he made me voluptuous; why would I go against what he decided for me? My limbs work, so I'm not going to complain about the way my body is shaped'

Kate Winslet:

'I am who I am. I'm healthy. I swim a mile every day. I'll never be a stick insect, and I wouldn't want to be, either, because it seems to me that a lot of people who are very thin are just really unhappy'

source: ohnotheydidn't

ETA: sorry, i don't know if this was the right place to put this thread in.

SVZ

Default Re: Celebrity Body Quotes

Shania Twain:

'I don't want my body to be a distraction from my talent or my brain'
    good thing you have neither

I liked this... thanks for posting it! I really like the attitudes that Drew, Salma, and Kate have... except... they're all not-fat and gorgeous. Of course you can be happy with yourself when you're a total knockout. Still, it's a good message to send out.

Quote Originally Posted by muchlove View Post
    I liked this... thanks for posting it! I really like the attitudes that Drew, Salma, and Kate have... except... they're all not-fat and gorgeous. Of course you can be happy with yourself when you're a total knockout. Still, it's a good message to send out.
    you're welcome, Muchlove
    i always liked Kate Winslet, it's good to see she has such a postive attitude about her body, especially after all the fat jokes people used to make about her. i remember when Titanic came out, people were saying that she looked "SO FAT" in the naked scene, i couldn't believe people were calling her fat, i thought she had an amazing body.

Good for Salma Hayek. IMO she's one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood. I'd say the same thing about Kate Winslet.

LOL, Avril lavinge's quote makes me laugh everytime i read it. she's such an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by miss_perfect View Post
    Good for Salma Hayek. IMO she's one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood. I'd say the same thing about Kate Winslet.
    Agreed!!!!!!!!
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Camryn Manheim:

"A male friend once said to me: 'You're a castle, those other women are just bungalows'"

I love her, I think that quote was in Marie Claire's issue with all the women from "The Practice" about all their individual beauty.

SVZ

are you sure it's bungalows and not bung holes?

this is a great thread! interesting juxtapositions!

Avril Lavigne would look stupid with her boobs hanging out or her legs on show. Although she's quite pretty and probably has quite a cute body, she looks like a dyke and I hate her bad ass attitude, she's not sexy at all.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

I actually saw a few shots of Avril on vacation in a swimsuit and she does have a nice body. I dont like her style of music but it is somewhat refreshing to see that she doesnt feel the pressure to show it off.

Silver Member

Yeah Avril we will see how long this attitude lasts, I can bet within the next few years she will be showing off her belly, boobs and whatever else she can, who knows it would not shock me if she does Playboy some day. The young girls always start out saying this "I don't need to show off my body blah blah blah........." they always end up doing it though, remember Jessica Simpson, Christina Aguilera, so on and so on and so on, lets wait and see where Avril goes with her image as her fame starts to fade, show a boob make a $1000.

As a mom of a couple of preteens, I'm glad that they go for Avril and her angry, independent attitude (faked as it may be) rather than the "ooh baby", "hit me baby one more time" or "I would do anything for you" women as doormats and ornaments attitudes displayed by other singers aimed at this age group.

And the Shania comment really cracked me up!

Silver Member

I agree Twitchy that is why I think it is so sad that Avril will most likely be forced to change, because sex sells. I would love if she stayed how she was especially if I had preteens, that must be tough!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information