Thread: Catherine Zeta Jones's recipe for getting back into shape

Default Catherine Zeta Jones's recipe for getting back into shape

Tanned and toned: Miss Zeta-Jones poses for the magazine shoot

She famously said she 'ate for Wales' while pregnant and once tipped the scales at 13st.
    But as the picture on the left shows, Catherine Zeta-Jones now has a figure most mothers of two would envy.
    Posing for InStyle magazine, the 37-year-old showed off perfectly toned legs and a trim midriff - perhaps even looking a little too good to be true.
    There was not a hint of spare flesh or the weight she admitted was so hard to shift after giving birth.
    While some cynics will always put picture perfection down to airbrushing, Miss Zeta-Jones says she has achieved her slimline figure by a combination of healthy eating and exercise.
    With gourmet food on the menu in her latest starring role as a New York chef in 'No Reservations', she had to be extra cautious about her fitness regime. "I have to drag myself to the gym like everyone else," she recently said.
    "But I do eat sensibly and have lots of chicken - although if I could eat only three foods for the rest of my life, it would also be smoked salmon sandwiches with potato chips crunched inside and fish and chips if I did not put on weight."

The Welsh actress, who spends most of her time at her Bermuda home with husband Michael Douglas, 62, admitted indulging in her favourite sandwiches during her two pregnancies.

While carrying Dylan, now aged seven, she ballooned to 13st. She had an easier time shifting the pounds after the birth of her daughter Carys, now four.

The cover of InStyle Magazine - featuring the glamorous Catherine

She followed a rigorous exercise regime she used for her role in the musical Chicago.

The sultry beauty also recently hit the headlines for using foul language on the set of her latest movie 'No Reservations'.
    She had to be even more careful on the set because 10-year-old Abigail Breslin was her co-star.
    She said: "It was difficult. I'm from Wales. I have a mouth like a truck driver. The hardest thing for me making this movie was my reaction when I screwed up.
    Trying to control my reactions around this little girl was so difficult. Every day one would slip out and Abigail would roll her eyes as if to say, "Here we go again."
    She added: "In the end, if I screwed up, I would have to force myself to say, 'Oh poo!' or 'Oh sugar!' but it wasn't easy."

Big eater: Pregnant Catherine in 2003

Zeta Jones's recipe for getting back into shape | the Daily Mail

Hit By Ban Bus!

Kudos to airbrushing.

"Ballooned" to 13st?

OMG A 5'8" PREGNANT WOMAN WEIGHING 182LBS. WHAT A FAT COW.
    Dramatically overdramatic

Catherine Zeta Jones's recipe for getting back into shape: PHOTOSHOP and SURGERIES ALL OVER.

PS: you fools readers don't actually believe that I really prefert to work hard instead of having a quick liposuction!?!? I can afford it, y'all!!!
    Three reasons to be teacher: June, July, August.

Gold Member

Catherine Zeta Jones's recipe for getting back into shape: PHOTOSHOP and SURGERIES ALL OVER.
    Lol. I want photoshop and surgeries all over too please.

I'm not sure liposuction can make you look that good,a friend of mine had it and quite frankly she looked way better before,plus she has a annoying scar o her lower abdomen

I think she's gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    Kudos to airbrushing.
    Amen to that.

The shaping and the sheen on her skin (that's the dead giveaway here of the digital alterations) is fake and what I've seen applied to "civilians" in a picture with some astonishing results.

Nevermind an expertly applied coat of tan that is also designed to translate well into photos and to sculpt what may or may not be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Speranza View Post
    I'm not sure liposuction can make you look that good,a friend of mine had it and quite frankly she looked way better before,plus she has a annoying scar o her lower abdomen
    What happened to her appearance specifically? Did she get a lot more apparent cellulite and structural "gaps"?

I don't see lipo here, but it's hard to tell because of the picture enhancements. Even with the photoshopping here, I do think she lost a good bit of weight and exercised, but who couldn't if you could afford the very best organic foods, chefs, nutritionists, and pilates trainers?

Demi Moore might have had an assload of surgery (literally), but her look couldn't have happened without the diet and exercise. I see something going on here akin to that approach (but with lots more digital help - yowza).
    Last edited by Tati; September 23rd, 2007 at 01:55 PM.

What happened to her appearance specifically? Did she get a lot more apparent cellulite and structural "gaps"?
    Let's begin to say she's in her late 40s and had a pregnancy just 4 years ago. She has always been a petite and curvy woman,with a striking resemblance to vivien leigh,with curves added. In the last years she started putting on some weight not noticeable but on her belly. Being that her husband is a plastic surgeon ( and a pretty 'famous' one as well ) here where we live,she opted for surgery. She had her face lifted,then a surgery to reduce her belly and liposuction. This was more than a year ago and yet she looks literally bloated like someone who drinks a lot,which she doesn't. Also due to her belly surgery she ha a thin but long scar along her lower abdomen....in the end,i think she looked way better before

She forgot to add that along with all her healthy eating and exercise, she also has a nasty nicotine habit that she apparently couldn't even curb while pregnant.

That's most likely what helps keeps her appetite at bay, but she's paying for it dearly. She easily looks 10 years older than she claims.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Gold Member

LOL I love that pic she looks so trailer park. Wow and she smoked during her pregnancy that sucks.

Thread Information