Thread: This move is killing my body

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default This move is killing my body

We've been eating out for nearly a month and it hasn't been good eating out. Now we're in the house and I haven't yet discovered the farmers markets, so I'm forced to rely on grocery stores, where everything is either pre-made or wrapped in plastic somehow. My stomach is jiggly! That could be the wine, of course, but still! And now that the kids are home for the summer and I haven't found a decent swimming pool yet (the local one is horrible) I can't even do that with them. Gahhhhhhhhhh.....
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

What a pain in the butt Oh aren't I funny

I hope things get sorted soon though

It takes a while to find your feet and you've been so busy, including the hassles with your Houseguest from Hell.

Do you know anyone well enough yet to ask them to point you in the right direction for stuff like this?

If your move has happened to take you to Arkansas, or Maryland, or Arizona, I might can pass along some info...I know these three states quite well...of course, just occurred to me, you might not even be in the US (damn us arrogant assumptive Americans LOL!)...
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Nope, just moved to London and am trapped with two kids for the summer. I've been trying to get them out for long walks to check things out but it keeps pissing down with rain so that isn't working very well. Yesterday I started on a serious fruit and veg thig and am hoping that keeps the flab at bay (along iwth situps and pushups done at spare moments) until they go back to school and I can find something more serious to do. If mr. butt wasn't wroking so much I'd do something in the evening but there's no gaurantee as to when he'll be home these days. Gah. I'm feeling stressed and want to eat something naughty.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Ah it's always hard to find your feet that way when you go to a new place. You should try doing some research online, there are TONS of resources on London because it's basically the centre of the country. I've heard there are fabulous markets all over London, you should be able to discover where they are. Same with swimming pools, just do a bit of searching and I'm sure you'll come up with something .

Good luck!
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Thread Information