Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Aniston in the early days

jbf

Default Jennifer Aniston in the early days

Hello all,
    I was watching a few episodes of Friends from season 3 the other day, and I remember thinking how much better she looked with a few more pounds on her. She was by no means overweight...in fact she had an enviable figure and I think that that extra weight ballanced out her very angular facial features. I also remember back when Friends was first on, how many of my guy friends were obsessed with her, and those same guys thought that Courtney Cox was too skinny. Then as the years went on, both actresses became scary skinny, and now JA almost looks gaunt.

Any thoughts?

SVZ

Default Re: Jennifer Aniston in the early days

yeah i liked her better with more weight too, her face was softer, more cute. not it's all harsh and weapon like.

actually the entire cast looked better back then. joey was HOT!

I disagree, I think Jennifer Aniston has an amazingly toned body, great hair and nice skin. If I were a lesbian, I'd be all over that...I'm way hotter than Vince Vaughn...
    "I'm gonna go build my own theme park! With blackjack and hookers! In fact, forget the park!"

I don't think she's too skinny yet. She's skinny, but not too skinny. I do agree, though, that she looked better heavier.

I completely agree & think she was so so so pretty on Friends, but just isn't, anymore. Her face didn't look like steel. She had those soft layers of hair around her face, and with just a few pounds on her, I never even noticed that her jawline was, well, excessively angular. Now, that jaw & chin is all I see. It's like she has beady eyes now & a huge chin. She had a great figure back then.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

jbf

I remember when the drastic weight loss first occurred...I believe that was 1998, I was shocked. (I'm outing myself as an ardent Friends fan here) I know it was between seasons 4 and 5...after Ross had said Rachel's name at his wedding in London. When the new season began, she looked soo much different! I think this was about the time she first began seeing Brad Pitt. I have a pet theory that she went on the Zone diet once they first started seeing eachother, because she was insecure about being compared to Gweneth Paltrow's skeletal frame. You know as a trained psycologist (which I'm not).

jbf, not a bad theory. This thread is reminding me of how much I used to like Jennifer.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Bronze Member

I still think Jen is adorable but she did look MUCH better about 10 lbs. ago. I don;t know how she does not see that having a butt and a less angular face was so much cuter. It's like these celebrities have such a warped idea of what is attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by jbf View Post
    I remember when the drastic weight loss first occurred...I believe that was 1998, I was shocked. (I'm outing myself as an ardent Friends fan here) I know it was between seasons 4 and 5...after Ross had said Rachel's name at his wedding in London.
    Yeah, I'm a bit of a fanatic, too.
    Remember the Vegas episodes? She and Ross were going to fly in later because of work stuff, and since Rachel was alone in the apartment she decided to get naked, because Pheobe had suggested it. I just remember seeing her bare back and being sort of shocked. But yeah...in the first few seasons she was so cute. Not overtanned and leathery and her features were much softer and more feminine.

jbf

"I just remember seeing her bare back and being sort of shocked."

Yes I remember this! If you compare that scene to a similar scene in season 1 when Chandler walked-in on Rachel either topless or naked in the girls apartment, the difference is vast!

It's just so strange and vexing really. I look at some actresses now (Reese Witherspoon, Renee Zellweger, and Jennifer Aniston specifically) and earlier in their carreers I suppose they were "fleshier" by hollywood's standards. But now they've all succumbed (sp?) to the pressure and they don't look healthy anymore. It's painful to watch Renee Z. attempt to smile anymore, and both Reese W. And J. Aniston's less than desirable facial features are made all the more prevalant by their drastic weight loss.

One more thing and I'll get off my soap-box. One thing that frustrates the Hell out of me is the fact that some in the media use the term "chipmunk cheeked" to describe actresses who have a little baby fat left. I can recall this term being used to describe Amanda Bynes and Renee Zellwegger. Those kinds of comments are just inviting eating disorders to overcome these young ladies! It's one thing to be insecure about your own body, and quite another thing when you have to read those kinds of things in the media. No wonder we have so many actresses who are dangerously thin.
    Ok I'm done now.

Silver Member

I agree, JBF. Remember Karen Carpenter. A reporter doing a story on her described her as chubby or something, and that started her downhill spiral of anorexia. People just don't know how their words will affect someone.

Elite Member

I read somewhere that as a woman gets older she has to choose between her body and her face. You can certainly see how that would apply with some of these super-skinny actresses. They lose weight in their face and it just makes them look hard and old.

I am 36, and I confess I could stand to lose 10 lbs. but I am blessed in that I am often mistaken for mid-20's. I think it's because I still have enough fat to fill out my face. While I am definitely trying to tone up some of the flabbier spots, I really hesitate to lose weight because I am afraid of losing my youthful face.

much better here

Wow, I'd never seen her like this....she looked really good then.

Quote Originally Posted by mia981 View Post
    While I never saw her appeal; bodywise, she looks amazing in this pic. Why anyone would want to trade in that body for a leathery, wiry skeleton, is just beyond me. Fucking Hollywood...
    2 years...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information