Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heidi Klum: “Some people are just born skinny”

Default Heidi Klum: “Some people are just born skinny”

Heidi Klum recently claimed that she has always been “too round for fashion shows” and that she never felt right on the catwalk.

The beautiful mother of three prefers to eat food rather than starve herself for fashion.

“The other girls are always much taller and skinnier. I stick to what I am good at and have never been prepared to starve myself to death and do crazy stuff just to be a thin rail, and fit into their clothes.”

Heidi also does not wholeheartedly blame the fashion industry for the “size zero” trend. She agrees that yes, they make certain rules and use a lot of super-skinny girls for bookings. However, a lot of the models she has worked with eat like crazy and just don’t gain weight.

‘They make the rules and ultimately book these skinny girls. On the other hand, I have worked with so many girls in the past who eat like crazy and do not throw up.’

‘Some people are born skinny, and that’s just the way it is.’

Heidi Klum: “Some People Are Just Born Skinny”'s Photos

True, some are.

I was just reading an article Twiggy (60s London model) at the dentist's this morning.

She's around 5ft 7" and weighed 91 pounds at the beginning of her career. She ate like a horse - greasy fry-ups, etc.

She's now put on 28 more pounds. Still extremely slim but no doubt can't eat like she used to.

It's just the way she is.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Some people are naturally skinny, but then age catches up with them and suddenly they're struggling with thier weight. I've seen it happen a million times and it will happen to Ms. Klum as well. Even my father, who was always skinny, finally started to gain weight in his 60's.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I agree w/Heidi - and think it goes the other way too - that some people are just born 'fat'... it is us who glorifies and worships the skinny and makes fun of and vilifies the 'fat'... but in alot of the cases it is genetics and not something easily controlled... but - this is not to say that I'm not the same - on a diet right now to lose 20lbs - and sincerely wish I had been born w/the natural skinny gene - both my brother and my sister got it - but buttmunch is right - happened to my sister already - skinny gene only works for so long I'd still take it though ...
    Money can't buy happiness but it can certainly rent it for a couple of hours.

I wish my son would gain some weight. He eats like a horse [five horses, actually] and he's thin, thin, thin. Oh, to be a teenage boy.

Sure, it's true but I don't need some skinny model to remind me of it.

And some people are born fat that feel like eating or slapping, whichever they prefer, the born skinny people.

Please--I like Heidi Klum, but give me a break. I was always skinny with a super-turbo metabolism, and as I got older, I had to work harder. Sure, people have different body types, but models aren't "naturally skinny." Most models look sick.

This is like saying "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful."

Well I think that some of these models have AIS! Now that's not a misprint for AIDS, but a freakish medical condition that afflicts abnormally beautiful women.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I was always skinny with a super-turbo metabolism, and as I got older, I had to work harder
    Welcome to my world. I long for the days when I ate and drank everything in sight and still stayed skinny skinny skinny.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Bronze Member

My 9yo daughter is one of those naturally skinny girls. She's a size 5 (in children's sizes) around and a 10 vertically. She gets that from her father's genes. I'm sure that at some point she will have to careful of her diet but for my DH that wasn't until he hit his 50's. I went through a skinny phase once I hit puberty up until my mid twenties. Since then it's been a constant battle.

The article about AIS was very interesting, thanks Agent Orange!

Heidi is right! Schools quesitoned my child's health because she is skinny. Her father was over 6 feet and weighed 160 on his heaviest days. Everyone in my family is a walking stick until their twenties.
    Last edited by RevellingInSane; June 8th, 2007 at 09:54 AM.

They don't have the pics of her vomiting everything up after, either. If she didn't throw it up, she probably took a bite and threw it away.

I was a zero for a long time, and when I hit 30, I found that what I ate didn't fall off my body as easily. I'm now a 4 (without doing much exercise), which is great, and yay for me, but seriously? Models look gross.

That ice cream cone looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Welcome to my world. I long for the days when I ate and drank everything in sight and still stayed skinny skinny skinny.
    Who doesn't? sigh

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information