Thread: Marcia Cross: Baby Weight Is Almost Gone

Default Marcia Cross: Baby Weight Is Almost Gone

Marcia Cross: Baby Weight Is Almost Gone

FRIDAY JUNE 01, 2007 09:45 AM EDT
    By Nicholas White
    Marcia Cross Photo by: Jon Kopaloff / FilmMagic Three months after having twins, Marcia Cross has almost hit her post-birth target weight, she says.

"I'm still working on it, but it's happening a lot faster than I expected," Cross, 45, told PEOPLE at Thursday's BlackBerry Curve launch party in Los Angeles.

The actress, who welcomed daughters Eden and Savannah in February, has been working out at home with exercise DVD's and at L.A. gym Burn 60.

"I think it's the end of those last few pounds, I hope," she said. "It probably won't happen until I stop breastfeeding!"

Meanwhile, she's still enjoying new motherhood. "I'm so happy. Sometimes very tired, but mostly just a happy mother," she said. "I like to get [the babies] out now, just go out and show them the world. Say hi to the flowers."

Cross said her husband of 11 months, Tom Mahoney, has been a huge help: "He's there every minute, and he's as madly in love with them as I am. I don't know what I would do if I had one of those husbands who was just not interested."

As for whether they'll stamp their passports for her Desperate Housewives costar Eva Longoria's Paris wedding in July, Cross says she hasn't decided she hasn't traveled with the twins yet.

"We're going to go on a trial trip this weekend and see how it goes," she said. "We have no idea what it's going to be like traveling, so we'll have to figure it out."
    Marcia Cross: Baby Weight Is Almost Gone - Marcia Cross : People.com

I have questions.... lots of questions... First of all she had a c-section so wouldn't be allowed to exercise for 6 weeks? So are we talking a "normal" weight range or her super-stick-figure DH figure?
    And does she sound a bit obsessive? Working out at home & in the gym & breast feeding burns LOTS of calories.....
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

She looks great!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    She looks great!
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I have questions.... lots of questions... First of all she had a c-section so wouldn't be allowed to exercise for 6 weeks? So are we talking a "normal" weight range or her super-stick-figure DH figure?
    And does she sound a bit obsessive? Working out at home & in the gym & breast feeding burns LOTS of calories.....
    I know that some people bounce back speedily from a c-section. My doctor told me not to exercise for 6 weeks. Pretty much the only lifting I was advised to do was pick up the baby.

She looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I know that some people bounce back speedily from a c-section. My doctor told me not to exercise for 6 weeks. Pretty much the only lifting I was advised to do was pick up the baby.
    Wow! & you managed that??? I have a similar cut for my op - and although I was in less pain the next day from my "normal" pain level, I couldn't do much & lifting stuff? Actually, it was doing the washing up that used to stuff me up for the longest time due to having to bend to do it!

No lifting anything but the baby for 6 weeks is bunk unless you had an emergency C with a long deep cut (especially if vertical). Even then you shouldn't still be in that much pain weeks later, assuming no infection. I went back to the gym after a month. Possibly I had a different type of incision, really low and fast healing. It's not even visible now. Maybe breastfeeding helped, as that does shrink everything back down faster.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I sort of hobbled around for the better part of two weeks post c-section. I couldn't do all that much, really.

I had a c-section 2 days after Marcia and I feel and felt really great from the get go.

Unfortunately, not all of my baby weight is off so I hate this bitch. Don't have much to go, but those last few are the hardest....

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I had a c-section 2 days after Marcia and I feel and felt really great from the get go.
    Oooh I am jealous! However, since I was in pain I did get some fun narcotics, can't complain.

She looks awesome!

Lynnie, congrats
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post

Unfortunately, not all of my baby weight is off so I hate this bitch. Don't have much to go, but those last few are the hardest....
    Well done Lynnie! Don't feel too bad / hate her too much, she said that she's nearly there so she got those last few pounds to go too!

MrsDark! I am SO jealous of your scar! I had an op (1st Feb this year) that involved the same cut, but then they rumaged around quite a lot, after about 2 weeks I got an infection, but I've been left with a very dark red scar!
    I know that no-one but me & Mr Novice will see it but still...... not happy!
    (oh! op was a total success, I'm no longer in pain and can actually move more physically too! Yea!)

(I also got given bed-rest as due to being in less pain than 'normal' I was busy doing stuff around the house! So maybe that had something to do with it too......?)

Thread Information