Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too much grease for tubby John Travolta

Default Too much grease for tubby John Travolta

Too much grease for tubby John Travolta

Grease is the word and also, it seems, the culprit behind John Travolta's expanding waistline.

The Hollywood heavyweight indulged in a calorie-laden feast of fries, mayonnaise and a tortilla during a holiday in Hawaii.
    Scroll down for more
    John Travolta's outfit looked a little on the tight side

Dig in: John Travolta enjoys his meal

The fatty meal went some way to explain his tubbier look - his all black outfit, usually helpful in creating a slimmer silhouette, still couldn't hide his bulging belly.

Even the seams and zips of his trousers looked to be under pressure.

Best known for his iconic heartthrob roles in Staying Alive, Grease and Saturday Night Fever, the star's fuller figure is a far cry from his buff and toned hey day.

Scroll down for more
    Would you like fries with that? The star didn't pass on the fatty foods

The Scientologist star was visiting the island with his wife Kelly Preston, whom he married in 1991, to attend a charity event.

Still, the actor has proved in recent times that he continues to have pulling power at the box office - his latest filmed Wild Hog was a hit in the US, despite being panned by critics.
    Next up, he will star in drag as chubby Edna Turnblad in the movie musical Hairspray.
    Travolta in his prime in Saturday Night Fever and Staying Alive

Too much grease for tubby John Travolta | the Daily Mail

Very rare is it that a man who looked like Travolta did in Saturday Night Fever (he was 23!!!), will remain looking like that when he is 53.

...and I seriously doubt he eats fries everyday. I think anyone can be caught eating fries at one time or another.

Funny, I was actually thinking he looked a tad slimmer lately. And please.... he was a young pup in Saturday Night Fever. He admitted that for Staying Alive he had to stick to grueling regimen as far as diet and workouts for the duration of that film to look the way he did there, and also when he was much younger than now.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Give the ol' hag a break, he is a senior citizen & he should be allowed to get chubby at his advancing age.haha
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

I feel bad for him, those pics are extremely unflattering. He's only a human being just like the rest of us.....

A*O

I wonder what Scientology's 'cure' for obesity is? Give the guy a break, he's allowed a little middle-age spread but he's going to have to be careful. He strikes me as the kind of person who gains weight very easily. Welcome to my world.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

^yes^
    I have the same problem. I do think people tend to overexagerrate his weight .His weight does not bother me, but I still like making fun of the ol'queen.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Hit By Ban Bus!

i'd say he's a big fat pig. i'm human and i'm never looking like that. you can eat what you want. you just have to move your lazy ass. he obviously does not.

Everybody is different. And newsflash: As you get older, if you don't want to gain weight, you WILL have to decrease your calories or "move your ass" about twice as much as when young (sometimes both!). All with bones, muscles, and vital organs that have been operating for several more decades than before. Even if they're in spectacular shape for their age, 50+ yr old bodies don't "run" the same as 20+ yr old ones.

And even aside from the age process, if all bodies worked the same, it would save the medical professions a lot of hassle as well. But such is not the case. Eh, give it time kids. You don't have to believe me (or anyone else older). You'll see for yourselves eventually. Try not to take it personally in the future when someone 20-30 years younger than you thinks that you could look like you used to if you weren't "fat and lazy".
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by doriangray View Post
    i'd say he's a big fat pig. i'm human and i'm never looking like that. you can eat what you want. you just have to move your lazy ass. he obviously does not.
    You just f*cked up, you never say never.

I cut him some slack because he's older. But it looks like his son is picking up his bad eating habits.

The other thing that irritates me is the fact that, while he's still a big box-office draw despite his weight, if a female peer gained that much she'd be drummed out of the business. Such a double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by doriangray View Post
    awww. that wasnt very nice. how do you know he doesnt move? just because you are overweight doesnt make you a pig! wow
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hell, he's on vacation, let him have his fries in peace.

^Right, I wish I could eat them, I could eat that whole plate right now. haha

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    awww. that wasnt very nice. how do you know he doesnt move? just because you are overweight doesnt make you a pig! wow

Too fucking right!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information