Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow!! Check out Ricki Lake!

Elite Member

Default Wow!! Check out Ricki Lake!

Once weighing 250 pounds, newly transformed former talk show host Ricki Lake has revealed exclusively to Us Weekly the secrets behind her 123-pound, size-4 shape.

Lake, 38, who just debuted "The Business of Being Born," her documentary about home birth and midwifery, sits down with Us and explains exactly how she got thin – and finally made peace with her shape after a painful past.

On crash dieting in 1991:
    “… I went on this extreme diet. I used to faint because I wasn’t eating and I was always exercising.”

On the most exciting thing about her new weight:
    “For the longest time, when I was very heavy, I couldn’t cross my legs. I couldn’t physically do it. LOVE that I can cross my legs now ... Even my s**e size is changing. My Jimmy Choos are too big now.”

On what she thinks of super-skinny actresses:
    “I think I have no wrinkles because I always had fat on my face. Really skinny girls age so fast.”

What painful secret caused Ricki to gain weight in her childhood? How did she feel posing in a swimsuit for Us? For all these details – and more exclusive pics – on Ricki’s dramatic (and non-surgical) slim-down, pick up the new issue of Us Weekly on newsstands now.

Source: US Weeky, usmagazine.com

ANOTHER ARTICLE:

NEW YORK (May 3, 2007) -- Ricki Lake is a brand new woman with a brand new body.

Today, in part four of Weight Loss Week, the remarkable story of how Ricki finally got a handle on her life and lost those extra pounds one final time.

“I started doing [a new routine on] February 7, so it’s [been] just two months and I lost 24 pounds,” former talk show host Ricki Lake told Access Hollywood. “I’m a size 6 you know. I mean this is as good as I get basically.”

So what was Ricki’s biggest size?

“I was 260 pounds and a size 24. Now I’m 120 something and this is me,” Ricki enthused. “[I’m] less than half my size . . . This is the thinnest I’ve ever been in my life.”

Ricki has been struggling with her weight for nearly 20 years! She was in her full figure prime back in 1988 when she made her film debut in the original “Hairspray.”

“I’m big, blonde and beautiful,” she said at the time.

Now after dropping 140 pounds, Ricki’s a new woman.

Ricki unveiled her new fit and trim look at the Tribeca Film Festival along with her new documentary “The Business of Being Born,” in which she actually gives birth.

So how did she shed those pounds? Ricki hired “Fresh Dining,” a food delivery service and the pounds just melted away.

“I went from a 12-14 to a size 6,” Ricki began. “I was nervous about gaining it back.”

Thrilled with her new size, Ricki has had to find new duds.

“I’m buying all new clothes. I’m investing in a huge new wardrobe, but it’s every day,” Ricki says of her battle with her weight. “I have become a little obsessed with the scale. I get on the scale every morning to make sure I didn't gain any weight or maybe I lost more. You want to be well adjusted and not get too extreme.”

Extreme was the year she took off – 1992, before starting her talk show. Then at age 24, Ricki lost over 100 pounds, but she says that time she did it the wrong way.

“That was not healthy,” she admits. “I was starving myself. I was fainting. It worked, it was effective, but it wasn’t the healthiest way to do it.”

Video: http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=100517

Elite Member

She really does look amazing and healthy. I am so impressed. I always thought she was quite pretty so I hope new work comes out of this tranformation for her.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

Congratulations i'm glad she hasn't taken the weightloss too far. She looks good.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Losing weight won't change the fact that she's fug. I wonder how much airbrushing they did on that cover cuz you'd think after losing over 100 lbs there would be some extreme sagging of the skin.

she looks good. I wish she was still doing talk shows, I remember being sick during school and watching her show. It was trashy but fun

She look great. Very inspiring!

She looks so good. Good for her.

WOW. I can't get over it! Way to go, Ricki! No more fat girl rolls, ahum, ROLES for her! YEAH.

Telling people that she ordered from a delivery service doesn't help other heavies too much. WHAT did she eat? HOW MUCH did she eat? HOW OFTEN did she exercise and WHAT was her workout plan?

The problem with ordering diet food out is that you don't learn how to cook healthy foods for yourself and you don't learn how to keep your children healthy as well. Does this mean as soon as she starts cooking again, she's going to gain it all back?

Wow, she looks AMAZING!

I've always thought Ricki was an attractive woman, even when she was bigger.

She is truly an inspiration!

Way to go Ricki, keep it up!

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

congratulations go to her but if that's the best picture they could use....well...if I was her I wouldn't be too happy! Her boobs look all weird and squashed into that top, and her head looks too big!

eta-I'm quite jealous of her legs though

Elite Member

i refuse to believe she lost 140 without a gastric bypass. and amazingly, there's no excess skin. please-she has a new show coming out and wanted some good PR. i dont believe this for a second

She looks great. I'm happy for her. But in no way is she a size 4.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

She looks awesome! Although I agree her head looks ridiculously too big...but then she always had a big head, fat or thin.

o/t pinkbunnyslippers who is that in your avatar?
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

size four my ass! well... there is radical vanity sizing going on in the us..
    congrats to her for her weight loss, she is a great exapmle for everyone who's overweight.
    good from far but far from good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information