Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you believe??

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

Question What do you believe??

ok, i'm just curious about this....how many of you believe that most of these celebs are actually a size 0 like mags and stuff say they are?? for example, v beckham?? has anyone ever seen them in real life or anything?? i read in life and style magazine that v beckham had a 16 inch waist when she married david....what do you believe?
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

Hit By Ban Bus!

Oh yes... they're for real. They're all over the place in that city.

one day i'm gonna go out there and see for myself cuz i'm just curious.

Hit By Ban Bus!

It is interesting. There are LOT of young people there and many, many extremely tiny skinny little girls in their 20's and 30's. They're all over the malls and shops. It'll take you about two seconds to see them. You won't even have to get out of your car.

wow! i just try and imagine cuz i'm 5'6 with medium bone structure...i know some of them are at least around the same height if not taller. i couldn't imagine bein a size 0! amazing!

I am 5'6" and a size 0 and I think that many of the celebs are actually SMALLER than a 0 and exaggerate their size to make it seem that they are at a somewhat reasonable weight (Mary-Kate, Nicole Richie, Kate Bosworth). I promise you there is NO way that those girls are fitting into 0s or 00s.

thats a good possibility....i would just love to see some of these gals in person sometime. i may have to give my friend in long beach a call.....

Elite Member

A size 0 (or even 00) is so tiny I can't even imagine it. I posted in another thread that my half-sister is the tiniest little thing - she's almost child size even though she's in her 30's...really short (like 5'0" or so) and flat chested. So I thought, well, if anyone's a size 0, it's going to be her. Now I wear a 6 (sometimes a 4) and I'm 5'6" and she is much smaller than me. That's why I'm sure she's a size 0 or 00. So I ask her. She says no, she usually wears a 2 or a 4.

Now even though she's tiny she's very healthy looking. You would never look at her and think she's anorexic, she's just a short, small girl. But if she's not a size 0 or 00 I shudder to think what Nicole and Kate Bosworth and the like look like in person if they are size 0. No doubt emaciated.

I also think there is a difference between teenage girls and grown women. Teens go through a phase where they are coltish, all arms and long legs and skinny as can be. Then they fill out. My next door neighbor is like this...she's a dancer and last year she was all skinny...but I saw her the other day and from behind now she's got a large behind...like JLo. Her hips are bigger than mine now and I've had 2 kids!

I think a lot of the size 0 clothing is sold to girls under 19. For women over that age, going by my half-sister's size, they would have to be tiny, tiny. I would say for most women that would be unnatural. I am sure there are a very small percentage of women that look very healthy at that size, but not many.

i think the amount of muscle a person has makes a huge difference, too.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

its actually called "vanity sizing" that clothing companies do and I've noticed over the past few years. A size 0 is not as small as it used to be; its now more like really a 4 so you may think you're a 0 but you're not a true 0 whatever that is. I mean who honestly cares about size and weight; those numbers dont even matter! thats just ignorant. its other numbers like BMI and your damn fat percentage and cholesterol and blood pressure and blood sugar level that you should be worried about.

Also I seriously doubt Posh had a 16 inch waist; not even toddlers are that small and she keeps her jelly in her belly if you've ever noticed. Now, after 3 kids especially.

on a personal note; I've actually gained 5lbs. or more since going to the gym and I could care less b/c my clothes fit the same and i look better - more toned thnx to strength training and shit (I actually haven't used my scale in prolly a month). having more muscle (which you all know weighs more than fat) actually burns more calories than doing more cardio in the long run. MUSCLES RULE LADIES! Think G.I. Jane or Linda Hamilton in Terminater 2 ok enough of my preaching!

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm with ya Alice. I don't do scales. I do what you said, if the clothing looks great and fits right and my bod looks good, who needs a scale?? It's about exercise, and toning and being in shape. Of course, those who have over 20 lbs to lose have to do both (exercise AND diet).

I believe if I had the celebrity money I could be a size 0 also. I could spend more time shopping rather than eating. haha
    And IF I did get a little larger I could pay to have it sucked out.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Vanity sizing
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Vanity sizing, also known as size inflation is used to refer to the phenomenon of ready-to-wear clothing of the same nominal size becoming larger over time, with the implication that manufacturers do so to satisfy the buyer's wish to appear thin. This also means that some customers may have to wear smaller nominal sizes without much change in their body shape.

The issue of vanity sizing occurs primarily in the United States, where manufactures are allowed to devise and change their own sizing system (the US standard clothing size is not in use). In many other parts of the world where sizing is standardized by objective measurement, it is not known to be a significant problem.

Vanity sizing may result in the removal of a garment of smallest measurements. If, for example, all garments were taken down a size, what was previously the smallest garment would no longer exist in that line of clothing. So as not to lose customers, companies often add smaller and smaller size labels, the smallest thus far being subzero.
    so lame, just so lame! they do it so you buy more at their stores b/c you feel good about being so "small", well guess what GAP?! I can't even shop at your store for shirts b/c America's gotten so fat and now your XS is more like a true Medium the gap sucks anyway so i really dont care, im just sayin'...

I don't know. I'm 5'1" or 5'2" (bad posture) and weigh 105. I'm pretty damn small and I wear a 2. I'm actually fat compared to these girls and women. SCURRRY!

VB is probably a size 0. But there's no freaking way her waist was ever 16 inches. I thought she looked much better in the Spice days. About a 4 or 6 and she would look a lot better. But she would probably commit suicide or something if she ever woke up that size.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information