Thread: Norah Jones asked to lose weight for movie

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Norah Jones asked to lose weight for movie

Norah asked to slim down

15/02/2007 12:00:00 AM

(KP International) Norah Jones recently revealed that she was asked to shed a few pounds for her first film role.

"I probably shouldn't say this," Jones told British Glamour magazine. "But I was asked to lose a few pounds. First I got really mad, then I got nervous, thinking, 'Oh no! I'm fat!'"
    Jones, who stars in My Blueberry Nights with Jude Law, Natalie Portman and David Strathairn, said, "It was a horrible thing to hear, but I understand the game. I was just amazed that it really was an issue, and it made me have a lot more sympathy for really skinny actresses. But then, I still think they need to eat a cheeseburger."

source:
    Norah asked to slim down : Celebrity News : Celebs : Entertainment : Sympatico / MSN

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

She should tell them to take her as she is or else they can kiss her ass.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Norah is not only crazy talented, she is gorgeous just the way she is. She does not need to lose weight.

Those people are f'ing idiots.

Hit By Ban Bus!

WHY a camera has not been invented that takes 15 lbs. OFF instead of putting them ON is really beyond me. You'd think it were possible. It most definitely should be. Just think how different our society would be if that were the case. (Or at least capture people exactly the way they are.)

Hit By Ban Bus!

Since when does she need to lose weight? Gosh, I love her... hope she doesn't adhere to any crazy diet.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    WHY a camera has not been invented that takes 15 lbs. OFF instead of putting them ON is really beyond me. You'd think it were possible. It most definitely should be. Just think how different our society would be if that were the case. (Or at least capture people exactly the way they are.)
    Mira, I've always wondered if the camera does actually make one look heavier. I don't quite believe it, since everyone I know (including myself) have always appeared, if not the same way, thinner on camera. As for Hollywood films, I have a friend who had a role in a movie back in the early 90s and he looked exactly the same.

Ah, I don't know. Probably my vision's distorted, since I'm the only one who sees it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    Mira, I've always wondered if the camera does actually make one look heavier. I don't quite believe it, since everyone I know (including myself) have always appeared, if not the same way, thinner on camera. As for Hollywood films, I have a friend who had a role in a movie back in the early 90s and he looked exactly the same.

Ah, I don't know. Probably my vision's distorted, since I'm the only one who sees it like that.
    I'm the very same way.
    I didn't look any different on camera
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    I'm the very same way.
    I didn't look any different on camera
    Glad to hear that. I'm posting a screen cap from an actual video, filmed by pros just to illustrate. I'm the only girl in the pic. I'm already an insect; if I were 15 lbs lighter I'd disappear!

^ I think it depends on how wide the lens is most of all as well as the angle and the lighting.

Hit By Ban Bus!

WTF? I posted that you look good and the post disappeared. Well, whatever. I'm saying it again

What idjots. She is one of the most talented singers/songwriters out there. She should tell them to shove it and kick her off the label if that's so important to them. She'd be picked up elsewhere in a heartbeat.

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    this is a very good question!
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    Norah is not only crazy talented, she is gorgeous just the way she is. She does not need to lose weight.

Those people are f'ing idiots.
    so right. i agree. poor norah!
    SameShitDifferentDay

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

sad but not surprising. celebs have admitted in the past of losing roles cuz they weren't slim enough. sad....
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

Thread Information