Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Janice Dickinson: I wish my models would 'come down' with anorexia

Angry Janice Dickinson: I wish my models would 'come down' with anorexia

February 4, 2007 -- Nobody is taking height and weight measurements at New York Fashion Week to make sure the models aren't too thin. And if foul-mouthed former model Janice Dickinson has her way, even the mild new health recommendations proposed by the Council of Fashion Designers will bite the dust.

"It's bull," says Dickinson, now in the second season of Oxygen's "The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency."

Dickinson says the new recommendations, prompted by Madrid's new minimum body mass index for models and the November death of a 21-year-old Brazilian model who died of anorexia, are ridiculous. They include developing workshops on the causes and effects of eating disorders, providing healthy backstage meals and snacks (instead of the usual cigarettes and champagne), keeping models under age 16 off the runway and requiring those identified as having an eating disorder to receive professional help.

The welfare of models should not be a concern of designers, Dickinson declares. "It's up to the models, the parents and the agents," says Dickinson, who is herself in the position of hiring models for her L.A. agency. "I'm dying to find kids who are too thin. I've got 42 models in my agency and I'm trying to get them to lose weight. In fact, I wish they'd come down with some anorexia." When you laugh at such politically incorrect statements, Dickinson yells back, "I'm not kidding. I'm running into a bunch of fat-assed, lazy little bitches who don't know how to do the stairs or get their butts into the gym."

One very pretty model candidate on the show came in for some particularly harsh Dickinson criticism. "She had a big, wide, low-slung ass. She's gotta do some stairs. She's gotta do lunges. She's gotta have sex on top. Anything to get her ass of the back of her knee-caps."

Dickinson, who says she's still the "perfect sample size four," says nothing about the beauty business has really changed "I've been saying this ever since Brooke Shields squeezed her 15-year-old little ass into a pair of Calvin Klein jeans (in 1980): Models are supposed to be thin. They're not supposed to eat. In fact, I'm not going to eat for the rest of the day because we had this conversation."

source: WEIGHT A MINUTE By DEBORAH STARR SEIBEL - Tv - New York Post Online Edition

I have no words.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

I despise this women more than I can even say and not just for what she said here.

She is the epitome of everything cuntish

She's gonna be shit out of luck when all her models drop dead and she's got no one left to make money for her stupid agency.

What a bitch. I hope her body shuts down and dies on her, see how fucking funny anorexia is then.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

god I really hope she gets very, very fat.

Janice Dickinson is one fucked up bitch.
    And to think, she was THE FIRST SUPERMODEL EVER.
    Hideous woman.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

the worst part is when she says she wishes they would "come down" with anorexia- as if its the flu. As someone who has struggled with eating problems for years, since i was a child, this is very hurtful. I wouldn't wish an eating disorder on anyone-not my worst enemy. Janice doesn't care that girls are dying for fucking superficial designer clothing..........its sick

What a cunt.
    Doesn't this dumb bitch (who i think is absolutely hideous, and yes even in her prime) realize that having anorexia is more than just being thin, its fucking up your body really badly, and killing yourself? I cant believe she said that, someone should staple her mouth shut.

Please, this is all clearly being controversial on purpose to boost ratings for her show.

Dumb thing to say. Really stupid whatever the reasons might be for saying it.

Even if she wasn't serious and just wanted to be provocative this is a dumb thing to say. It is also not helping to repeat "clothing looks best on very skinny women" like a stupid mantra again and again. I'm not saying it's untrue, but you can change your perception a bit, and why make girls and woman feel even more uncomfortable about their figure anyway?

A*O

She may have a 'perfect size 4' bod but she's still as ugly as sin - and that's just on the outside. Unfortunately she's only saying out loud what most of the fashion industry truly believes - thin is beautiful. Unfortunately.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Unfortunately she's only saying out loud what most of the fashion industry truly believes - thin is beautiful. Unfortunately.
    She is, and I guess it's why I can't get really angry at her-she's like an uncensored glimpse into that mindset. The fact she's batshit insane only ups her entertainment value.

Bronze Member

What a bitch. THat is a horrid thing to say, no matter why she said it. She's way past her prime, and personally, I don't like the living dead look she has going there.

Quote Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
    This may have been a careless statement but she's correct - she just goes about saying it in all the wrong ways - as usual. Models are "supposed" to be thin. Models do have to watch what they eat. Janice has always had a problem with self-control and it carries over into her mouth.
    it's true. she's not saying anything that isn't shared by everyone in the fashion industry.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Dickinson, who says she's still the "perfect sample size four," .
    What?! size 4? not zero?! what a heifer!

Enough sarcasm.. her models are all plenty thin enough.. how thin does she want them to be..skeletal?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information