Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyra Banks addresses the unflattering swimsuit photos

Default Tyra Banks addresses the unflattering swimsuit photos

youtube clip from the tyra banks show

I feel like her upset reaction comes off as more of "I'm upset you're calling me fat, because I totally am not fat!" like being fat is such a horrible thing, as opposed to what shes trying to portray of her being "pro healthy bodies"

Gawd I hate her.
    Dramatically overdramatic

Bronze Member

I don't think she is saying being fat is a horrible thing...The media is saying that about her. I think she is trying to get the point a cross that its not such a bad thing.

so full of herself

Her Hair and the bathing suit look like crap , her body looks nice , she is just wearing a very unflattering bathing suit and her hair style
    Last edited by choozen1ne; February 4th, 2007 at 12:34 PM. Reason: sp

jeez settle down Tyra

Hit By Ban Bus!

Fuck! Who cares?

Gah, who really cares Tyra? She made such a huge deal over some candid pics. I saw her on LKL saying that they were photoshopped. She was totally freaking out over them. Just like when she had a physician come on her show and say her breasts were real. Tyra, no one cares all that much.

I think it's funny. She's such a drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by haggard View Post
    youtube clip from the tyra banks show

I feel like her upset reaction comes off as more of "I'm upset you're calling me fat, because I totally am not fat!" like being fat is such a horrible thing, as opposed to what shes trying to portray of her being "pro healthy bodies"

Gawd I hate her.
    Thankyou, thats exactly what I got out of it too. She went ballistic because that image seemed to have been doctored to make her look fatter and she was 'addressing' that. There would have been no stink if the photoshopping made her look thinner. All over the top in my opinion.

Elite Member

That wasn't my reaction at all. It seemed to me that she was upset on the part of all those women out there who have poor self-image because they are constantly barraged with magazine covers at the checkout stand that tell us that "this" is fat and "that" is thin and fat (which really isn't all that fat objectively) is bad, and thin is good and if you don't look like this photoshopped ideal you are fat. It was righteous indignation and I just about started crying.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    That wasn't my reaction at all. It seemed to me that she was upset on the part of all those women out there who have poor self-image because they are constantly barraged with magazine covers at the checkout stand that tell us that "this" is fat and "that" is thin and fat (which really isn't all that fat objectively) is bad, and thin is good and if you don't look like this photoshopped ideal you are fat. It was righteous indignation and I just about started crying.
    Really? Wow. I have such a different opinion of Tyra. I think she'd rather be dead than fat. I don't think she gives a sh*t about the everyday woman. She wants us to think that she does, but I'm not buying it. Tyra is as fake as her weave.

Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    Tyra is as fake as her weave.
    That is the bottom line!

Elite Member

I didn't see where she said the image was photoshopped. It looked to me like she said that when she is modeling, she poses in certain ways and looks thinner, but when she is on the beach letting it all hang out, she looks a little bigger and so what. When she showed how she looks from the side with just a little swayback, it looked just like the picture to me. So what she was saying, IMO, was that just because she wasn't posed correctly or sucking it in, she still has the same body and that "fat" body that was shown in the photo is the same body that millions of women have and that by putting her down, the magazine is putting millions of other women down at the same time, and that is what is so wrong and why they can kiss her ass.

And ITA with what she said. That magazine picture shows a body that I see on women all the time. A slightly protruding stomach, thicker thighs. And while that body type may not be "ideal" according to fitness or fashion model standards, it is not "fat". In that picture Tyra has a normal person's body well within a healthy BMI range. And IMO, it's wrong to label that body as "fat".

Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    Really? Wow. I have such a different opinion of Tyra. I think she'd rather be dead than fat. I don't think she gives a sh*t about the everyday woman. She wants us to think that she does, but I'm not buying it. Tyra is as fake as her weave.

If that were true, then why wouldn't she do whatever it takes to keep her weight down to the 130lbs (or so) that she was during her modelling career? I would think that since she has allowed herself to gain that extra 30lbs, she's not that concerned with the extra weight.

I doubt that she really allowed herself to gain that much weight, and i bet dollars to donuts that now that shes been called fat, we'll slowly start seeing the weight come off.
    Dramatically overdramatic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information