Thread: Keira Knightley sues over anorexia allegations

Default Keira Knightley sues over anorexia allegations

Keira Knightley, 21, is taking English tabloid the Daily Mail to court, The Online Press Gazette reports. The Pirates of the Caribbean star claims the newspaper indicated that she tried to mislead the public about whether she had an eating disorder.
    The problem started on January 11 when London's Daily Mail ran an article, accompanied by a bikini shot of Knightley looking extra skinny, remarking on her slim appearance. The article went on to report a teenage girl's death from anorexia, indicating that Knightley's physical appearance may have influenced her in some way.
    By implying that Knightley also suffers from anorexia, the paper is in effect calling her a liar, because she has publicly stated that she doesn't suffer from the disease.
    "Ms Knightley has publicly denied suggestions that she might be anorexic or have a similar eating disorder, including in a prominent way at a well-publicized press conference...in London last summer," said Simon Smith, who represents Knightley.
    Smith continued on to say that in the proceedings they "will show that she does not have anorexia; and further will challenge the suggestion that she is responsible and to blame for the tragic death of the teenage girl by setting a bad example."
    The case is expected to reach court later this year or early 2008 if it does not settle.

Knightley in Hawaii, Jan. 7, 2007.
    Flynet
    http://www.usmagazine.com/keira_knightley_0

She's thin, yes, but I wouldn't say thats scary thin, yet. And blaming Keira for some girls eating disorder/death is just like when they blame rockstars for kids commiting suicide or killing someone. Everyones responsible for their own lives and actions, for crying out loud.

She's thin yes, and probably "underweight" according to Dr's charts, but who ISN'T underweight in Hollywood? She doesn't look nasty thin there and I agree with the article. Implying her appearance influenced someone else's death is beyond ridiculous. It is illogical, plus, how can you blame it on one of MANY skinny celebs??

I'd rather say Posh is an idol for those anorexics... She even claims she is on a "strickt diet" to keep her figure the way it is.

Kiera just works out hard, IMO. I don't think she could develope those abs if she doesn't eat enough... (Protein to build muscle).

Snort...
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Hit By Ban Bus!

i don't care for the six pack but she looks okay to me. i do believe she's had lipo on her legs because they were always big with cankles.

She is thin, but certainly appears to be well-toned and in good shape. She looks healthy.

Not a very attractive body though IMO. She's built like a guy.

I think we all know the real reason for her weight loss.....and it ain't anorexia.

^^ What, the clenbuterol?

What's clenbuterol??

awesome i'm glad she is sueing.. the media needs to take some responsibilty with the bullshit stories they publish. I think the media throws around the term anorexia far too frivolously and to blame Keira (a single person) for causing the death of a teenage girl is getting ridiculous.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Well..she isn't too blame really..but a lawsuit over it just seems like a complete waste of time, and I highly doubt her ass is naturally thin..
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by ByRDi View Post
    What's clenbuterol??
    It's that vet drug they were talking about over in the Blind Items. I think it's also used for asthma in humans?

Supposedly some of the *starlets* take it to lose weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerissa View Post
    Kiera just works out hard, IMO. I don't think she could develope those abs if she doesn't eat enough... (Protein to build muscle).
    Exactly, those abs are only achievable if you work out. I've seen alot of skinny girls with no muscle, because they just eat less and dont exercise, whereas Keira definetly works out to have stomach muscles like that. Personally i dont think theres anything wrong with her body; Its incredibly toned, and its HER body, thats the way it looks, and its sad that girls cant accept their own bodies and have to strive to look like someone elses when its really not possible.

Thread Information