Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celeb secrets to staying thin?

Default Celeb secrets to staying thin?

Okay, so we know a good portion of them stay skinny from drugs, anorexia, bulimia, etc. Also, they have nutritionists and/or trainers available to them 24/7.

But there must be other secrets/tricks that they have (i.e. particular power shakes in the a.m., etc). Anyone ever heard of any? Outrageous or somewhat reasonable, I wanna hear them all. Spill 'em if you got 'em!

(In the spirit of my upcoming New Years Resolution to losing some extra lbs)

Thanks!
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

In LA, Atkins diet still is the secret of most celebs. Carbs are still the devil out here.

And workout, workout, workout. From what I know of the healthy celebs (and they are few and far between, especially among the females), they are all gym rats. Major cardio, major weights.

Oh yeah, another thing that is big out here is these powedered nutritional packets. You can buy them at Whole Foods. And they have a day's worth of nutrients in them and you just put them in a drink and drink it. Some of them are called "green" or "superfoods." Many celebs use these as their whole diet and no food. But many others just use them as an addition to healthy stuff.

Silver Member

2 work outs a day (in the morning and in the night), no extra food, no sweets, low fat products.

Easy in theory

I'm also looking for some good weight loss hints. Need to lose weight after the baby......so not looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    In LA, Atkins diet still is the secret of most celebs. Carbs are still the devil out here.

And workout, workout, workout. From what I know of the healthy celebs (and they are few and far between, especially among the females), they are all gym rats. Major cardio, major weights.

Oh yeah, another thing that is big out here is these powedered nutritional packets. You can buy them at Whole Foods. And they have a day's worth of nutrients in them and you just put them in a drink and drink it. Some of them are called "green" or "superfoods." Many celebs use these as their whole diet and no food. But many others just use them as an addition to healthy stuff.
    Thanks Cali & coolios! Actually doesn't sound too unreasonable. I used Atkins to drop from 215 lbs down to 130 lbs in '04. However, I've managed to gain back about 15-20 of those pesky lbs, so I'm just trying to get motivated. I think just being healthy and active, along with plenty of H20 is really the best way.

I wish I had a Whole Foods nearby...the closest one is over 1 hour from my home. I've always wanted to go there

Lynnie, how much weight do you want to lose? Perhaps we can start a GR New Years Resolution group...?

I guess I've been lucky. I've dropped about 45 lbs since March, just working out about 4 x's a week (jogging or TaeBo), eating arounf 1400-1500 calories a day....no magic there. Like I said though, I've been lucky and my body has responded really well to this - I'm not sure it'd work for those with certain medical conditions.

Cloud, that's excellent, congrats! I wish I had enough energy to work out 4X/week. Are you avoiding sugar, carbs, fat, or just sticking to lo-cal?

Elite Member

Ive lost 60lbs. I dont weigh myself really, but I went from a 16 to a 6. I dont starve myself. The first time around, weight loss is much easier. I don't believe in fads-no carbs, no sugar, no bread...etc. that crap works for like a second. you are human! I just eat whole grains, proteins such as fish, chicken, sometimes lean steak like filet mignon, oatmeal, luna bars, veggies, fruits. and i have a cheat day where i have an ice cream or something. and 14-1500 cals seems a little low, especially if you are working out hard. at least for me. if i dont eat enough, i end up burning out. so-diet and exercise. just stay motivated. your body will get used to it and you'll crave exercise. i hate gimmicks. that crap led me to being virtually bulemic. so dont do it. and you dont have to abandom everything at once. try one step at a time-like instead of 5 cookies, have 2. little steps.

Yeah, don't do atkins... it's not good for you even for a short time.

Try cutting a lot of the sugar out of your diet.. even fruit juice brands have half-sugar variants, or just use half a pack of concentrate instead of the whole thing.. no soft drinks either. Nice balanced meals, heavy on the veggies and lean proteins, with a little bit of grains or breads is good. Also, eat smaller meals more times a day.. if you really want to rev up your metabo, something like 5 or 6 tiny meals a day will keep your metabolism in high gear.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I used Atkins to drop from 215 lbs down to 130 lbs in '04
    Wow prnjcq7, that's pretty amazing - well done you!! I'd love to loose a bit of weight in the new year too, perhaps 10 lb's or so. I REALLY love my food though and I enjoy cooking too so dieting is way too hard for me!! I guess I'll just have to work out like crazy to get rid of that weight. A friend told me that filling up on brown rice is supposed to stop you feeling hungry but I think I'd die of boredom if that was served for dinner!
    Curiouser and curiouser...

Quote Originally Posted by prnjcq7 View Post
    Cloud, that's excellent, congrats! I wish I had enough energy to work out 4X/week. Are you avoiding sugar, carbs, fat, or just sticking to lo-cal?
    At this point I'm not avoiding any specific foods. I eat what I want as long as its within my daily calorie range. Soooo, if I want McDonalds I have it - but I also know that it will put a SERIOUS dent in my food intake for the day since the cal count is so high. Essentially, I just budget the calories I do eat to allow myself to have the food I want.

Regarding the energy thing, I didn't have it in the beginning. I started out working out once a week, then after a few weeks went up to twice, etc. The energy just came along with it as I got more fit.

ETA: My issue with Atkins is that you drop weight far too quickly (anything more than 1.5-2 lbs a week is scary) and that everyone tends to put the weight back on as soon as they revert back to a 'norrmal' diet. IMO it's better to make a lifelong change in your eating patterns than to do anything drastic for a short period of time and hope for the best in the long run.

Bronze Member

Like two or three years ago I lost a lot of weight. I was taking green tea pills. I don't know if it was them or just me losing my baby fat (I was like 13 going on 14). Or maybe a mixture of both. I don't know. Oh yeah, and at the time I wasn't drinking soda, just water.

But I have gain a lot of weight back. It seems to go straight to my hits so now jeans don't fit me right. Grrrr..

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Yeah, don't do atkins... it's not good for you even for a short time.

Try cutting a lot of the sugar out of your diet.. even fruit juice brands have half-sugar variants, or just use half a pack of concentrate instead of the whole thing.. no soft drinks either. Nice balanced meals, heavy on the veggies and lean proteins, with a little bit of grains or breads is good. Also, eat smaller meals more times a day.. if you really want to rev up your metabo, something like 5 or 6 tiny meals a day will keep your metabolism in high gear.

That's it right there. I just lost 30 pounds over a period of 6 weeks doing that. Just keep eating. Do not skip meals. Ow and regular exercise helps ofcourse.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggle View Post
    That's it right there. I just lost 30 pounds over a period of 6 weeks doing that. Just keep eating. Do not skip meals. Ow and regular exercise helps ofcourse.
    See that's the thing...I have tried the eating 6 times/day but I just can't do it...just don't get hungry enough. So when I found Atkins, not only did it drop the weight incredibly fast, but when I DID eat, I was satisfied. It took forever for the cravings for sugar to go away.

Grimmy, I think you're on the right track with the lower sugar thing...just healthy eating & exercise seems to be the best way.

I find that The Zone Diet works really well and rather quickly too

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information