Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cameron Diaz urges Hollywood to take responsibility over size zero celebrities

Default Cameron Diaz urges Hollywood to take responsibility over size zero celebrities

Actress Cameron Diaz fears for the health of fellow skinny celebrities and has called on Hollywood beauties to be more responsible role models for their young fans.

She says, "I think it's terrifying, it's tragic and sad."
    "I think that it's a sickness, something that's going on in someone's head where their perspective is off."

"We get ideals from images that we see and there certainly should be more responsibility put on those people who are putting those images out into the world. Let's be a little bit more responsible to what's realistic."

"I'm a skinny girl, so all my life all I have ever wanted to be is curvaceous and voluptuous, have everything falling out everywhere. Some people... their perception and their perspective is completely askew."
    http://starletscity.blogspot.com/200...d-to-take.html

SVZ

Default Cameron Diaz fears for the health of skinny celebrities

Diaz Urges Hollywood To Take Responsibility Over Size Zero Celebs.

16th December 2006 08:01:01

Diaz Urges Hollywood To Take Responsibility Over Size Zero Celebs.

Actress CAMERON DIAZ fears for the health of fellow skinny celebrities and has called on Hollywood beauties to be more responsible role models for their young fans.

The CHARLIE'S ANGELS star has always wanted to be a "voluptuous girl", but has remained naturally thin.

And she blames the media for its promotion of super-skinny frames as the model of perfection.

She says, "I think it's terrifying, it's tragic and sad.

"I think that it's a sickness, something that's going on in someone's head where their perspective is off.

"We get ideals from images that we see and there certainly should be more responsibility put on those people who are putting those images out into the world. Let's be a little bit more responsible to what's realistic.

http://femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/D...bs.-12893.html

She was quite curvy in the Mask, and as time went on she looked thinner, so she DID have a voluptuous body at one stage.

Cam's skinnier than she was in The Mask, but she doesn't look unhealthy or emaciated or sickly. She doesn't look miserable and malnourished. And, frankly, she rocks the dark hair, I think.

^I agree that shes always looked healthy. But when she said shes always been skinny and without curves, thats not true.

Now that she is one of Rachel Zoe's fembots, she's way skinnier than she used to be.

She's one of those celebs that I would like, if they just kept their trap shut.

Elite Member

I agree. Magazines, advertising, the way the picture goes to make everyone super slim and what not just breeds body dysmorphia.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

There is way too much emphasis on the female body- FULL STOP. Why dont men seem to have this problem, they just get on with it.
    Seriously who cares how long so and so's legs are, or how defined her abs are, or how round her butt is, or how big her chest is.... this is what is causing the problem.

Hmmm at least she calls herself skinny. If she had called herself curvy I was gona roll my eyes.

Hollywood Sucks

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    There is way too much emphasis on the female body- FULL STOP. Why dont men seem to have this problem, they just get on with it.
    Seriously who cares how long so and so's legs are, or how defined her abs are, or how round her butt is, or how big her chest is.... this is what is causing the problem.
    But you know what? What pisses me off even more is that MOST of the time the persons who put too much emphasis on the female body are WOMEN THEMSELVES,WE are our worst enemies IMO,let's take this forum or any other blog,most of the members are women critizing the bodies of this or that female celebritie!Saying this one is too thin,this one is too big ,that one is too muscular..and the list goes on and on and on....Men are not that complicated.

Just show some girl's pic to a guy ,to him she will be pretty or not.Period!
    Now show the same girl to another girl and she's gonna start talking about her clothes,her shoes and why they don't match,her make up,her hair !!And most of the time she's gonna judge if her body is "hot" or not.I think women put so much pressure on their shoulders,that's crazy.And sad.

Bronze Member

She's an idiot. Her ass was skinny, but now she looks bloated through her middle, all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by makedah22 View Post
    But you know what? What pisses me off even more is that MOST of the time the persons who put too much emphasis on the female body are WOMEN THEMSELVES,WE are our worst enemies IMO,let's take this forum or any other blog,most of the members are women critizing the bodies of this or that female celebritie!Saying this one is too thin,this one is too big ,that one is too muscular..and the list goes on and on and on....Men are not that complicated.

Just show some girl's pic to a guy ,to him she will be pretty or not.Period!
    Now show the same girl to another girl and she's gonna start talking about her clothes,her shoes and why they don't match,her make up,her hair !!And most of the time she's gonna judge if her body is "hot" or not.I think women put so much pressure on their shoulders,that's crazy.And sad.
    ITA. Women are the worst critics. Reminds of me of the saying; Women dont dress for men, women dress for women.

ITA with the fact that we women tear each other apart quite viciously at times.

SVZ

Men don't give a shit....I mean they think Fergie's hot.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    Men don't give a shit....I mean they think Fergie's hot.
    LOOOOOOL!!!!That was mean!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information