Thread: Nicole Richie is on the road to recovery, she has gained 5 pounds

SVZ

Default Nicole Richie is on the road to recovery, she has gained 5 pounds

It's only been a month since Nicole Richie announced she was seeking treatment for her inability to gain weight, but friends are noticing a difference, PEOPLE reports in its upcoming issue.

"She has (put on) at least 5 lbs.," says a source close to the actress. "She wants to prove she's trying to change."

The newly brunette Richie has even "distanced herself from a lot of (old) friends," adds the source. Among those old friends is Rachel Zoe, 35, Richie's stylist for the past three years, with whom Richie split last week

Richie, who before seeking treatment had dropped to around 90 lbs., hit the American Music Awards last week in a short vintage Christian Dior dress with the help of new style consultant Cristina Ehrlich looking "much healthier," said an onlooker.

Now she's ready to shoot the fifth installment of her reality show The Simple Life, which was postponed due to her treatment. Says her on-again pal and Simple Life costar Paris Hilton: "She looks better than she's ever looked. I love it."

So, it would seem, does Richie. "She’s doing great," says a friend who spoke to her over Thanksgiving. "She's taking care of herself and is in a good place."

http://people.aol.com/people/article...564212,00.html

I think at this point no one really cares what she does.
    She should go into hiding and never come back out.

Elite Member

5lbs...so she swallowed one of those hamburgers she has been seen eating.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoma View Post
    I think at this point no one really cares what she does.
    She should go into hiding and never come back out.
    I couldn't agree more, or said it better myself

5 pounds? First of all, half of that weight comes from the implants, secondly I gain five pounds in my little finger when I get my period.

Quote Originally Posted by enctpc View Post
    5lbs...so she swallowed one of those hamburgers she has been seen eating.
    Nah ... she just put it in her pocket.

5 lbs in a MONTH??? I call that a Saturday fucking NIGHT!!!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Elite Member

Its hard though. As discussed in the previous Nicole post. It took me two months to put on 10lbs. And that didnt even change my body, it was just replacing cells and rebuilding organs - or what my body can build back. I dont think anyone realises how badly the body is effected when you have muscle wasted and how really fucking hard it is to gain it back healthily. Its harder to gain weight the healthy way then to lose weight the healthy way.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

road to recovery blech i still think she lost all that weight just so she could extend her 15 minutes of "fame" in the media with "health fears for Nicole" headlines. Seriously the moment the media start ignoring her for gaining weight - is the moment she will dramatically lose weight again - "sparking all new health fears"
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Good for her. And good for you, too, Lani!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    road to recovery blech i still think she lost all that weight just so she could extend her 15 minutes of "fame" in the media with "health fears for Nicole" headlines. Seriously the moment the media start ignoring her for gaining weight - is the moment she will dramatically lose weight again - "sparking all new health fears"
    I agree..it just seems like if she really did hate her so much..she wouldn't be doing all these extra photoshoots..I don't feel sorry for that girl at all..usually I'd feel sorry for someone in that condition..but it just seems like she's milking it.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

I don't think she gained any pound if she weighs 85 pounds now

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

maybe when she first got her implants, they gave her that extra 5lb but she's now lost it. Yea I was shocked to read that she only weighes 85 lb...

Does anyone remember Depeche girl...she bragged that she was like 78 lb... Pro Ana folks are scary.
    Last edited by moomies; December 13th, 2006 at 05:00 PM.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

OMG..she's gonna die... 85lbs?! are you kiddin' me? I am 5'4'' or 5'' and have 120 (or more) and everybody is tellin' me how skinny I am... man... 85? That's just sad... But that is serious psychological problem, and she can't fix it just by trying to eat more... she has to go to the psychologist or something..
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Thread Information