Thread: Ruben Studdard on colonics and why he became a vegetarian

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Ruben Studdard on colonics and why he became a vegetarian

Ruben Studdard: Why I Became a Vegetarian

Former American Idol star, Ruben Studdard, 28, has always been open about his weight problems -- and his success in shedding over a 100 lbs earlier this year by making extreme changes to his diet and exercise regimen. In an interview with PETA vice-president, Dan Matthews, the singer talks about the spiritual side of being a vegetarian, getting regular colonics, and how his new lifestyle is effecting his band.

Why He Became a Vegetarian:
    "I actually came home, and there was a little brochure in my hometown paper -- I ain't never told nobody this -- but it was a thing about cleaning up your temple. I think it was like a Seventh Day Adventist magazine, and they were talking about 'try vegetarian.' I went online that day, and I just started reading little things from different vegetarians, and it was so much easier than I thought it would be, so I decided to try it."

His Favorite Veggie Snacks:
    "My favorite dish is from PF Chang's -- the Buddha's Feast. It's hands-down my favorite dish. And the tofu lettuce wraps. McDonald's has a veggie burger now. It's not as good as Burger King. Burger King's veggie burger is off the chain."

His Colonic Guru:
    "They [medical experts] talk about all the colon problems, blah blah. And I've had a hydro-colonic before, so the lady that does that for us, she eats only raw vegetables-like she won't anything but raw vegetables. And of course every time we'd go, she'd be like 'try this' and 'stop this,' but of course we weren't paying any attention -- -but now of course we do!"

How His Diet Has Changed His Bandmates:
    "My band, they all complain about my rider requirements for only veggie stuff backstage, but they're learning too, like I did. There's always a better way to live if you're open to it."

source:
    http://www.usmagazine.com/ruben_stud...e_a_vegetarian

before and after pic --> http://www.usmagazine.com/files/RUBEN_BLOG.jpg
    Last edited by moomies; November 24th, 2006 at 02:50 AM.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

yay ruben!

I like his voice WAY better than Clay's - I wish him much success!
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

SVZ

Good for him, if I remember wasn't there a period of time where he didn't care how big he got? Glad he's taking his health under his own control.

uhhuh, wait till his ass is broken from all the colonics and he starts suffering from vitamin/mineral defficiencies.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I hope he does'nt depend on those colonics. It's not something to use every time you want to lose weight. His diet seems to be alright, but I hope he's getting protein from something else if he's not eating meat. Overall, good for him. :thumbsup:

A*O

And of course, and interview with the president of PETA wouldn't put any kind of positive spin on the benefits of vegetarianism at all.

Longterm over-use of colonics IS dangerous and won't make you lose weight. It's fine if you are doing a major detox once in a while, but your colon just isn't designed to be washed clean - eating lots of fibre will do the job of keeping it healthy just as effectively.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Elite Member

Well, I'm all for anyone taking control of their health o kudos to Ruben. He was really BIG and he needed to make some changes to his diet and eating habits. I'm eager to see some recent pictures of him now. He's a talented man...now he can be talented and healthy!

Way to go RUBE!!

Thread Information