Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milla Jovovich thinks she's TOO THIN to conceive

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Milla Jovovich thinks she's TOO THIN to conceive

Jovovich too thin for baby

03/11/2006 9:30:00 AM

'Resident Evil' actress Milla Jovovich has revealed she is desperate for a baby but thinks she is too thin too conceive.

(BANG) - Milla Jovovich wants to have a baby but is convinced she is too thin to conceive.

The 30-year-old Ukrainian supermodel-turned-actress, who is engaged to British film director Paul WS Anderson, blames her size zero figure for the fact they have not had children yet.

Milla told Britain's Grazia magazine: "I'd love to have a baby. I think the only reason I haven't conceived is because of my active lifestyle. My body won't allow itself to get pregnant now because it knows it wouldn't be in a healthy environment."

Milla is considering taking a break from modelling to gorge herself on calorific treats in order to have a baby.

She added: "I need to take a year off, sit down, watch some movies and eat some yummy food. And then boom! It will happen. Give me a few months off at home, let me relax and suddenly I'm healthier and I gain 10lbs."

Milla insists she and her fiancé are trying very hard to get pregnant.

She said: "The fact I'm not pregnant isn't for lack of trying! It's not as though we're using protection."

source:
    http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn....etect=&abc=abc

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

You're apparantly never too skinny to get pregnant, I read an article just today about a woman whose ribs broke whilst she was pregnant and weighing 5 stone. I think her husband needs to check his pea shooter ;-)

That's not entirely true. Many obese or anorexic women stop menstruating. Not all of them (Posh is a good example), but quiet a few.

IMO, she used an adequate expression: My body won't allow itself to get pregnant now because it knows it wouldn't be in a healthy environment.

Makes sense to me.
    Last edited by Chilly Willy; November 7th, 2006 at 07:56 AM.

Wow, what a bundle full of info to drop on us? Do these celebs have any ability to keep every thought from flying out of their heads. And here's a (old fashioned but still true) thought, why not actually get married before you try so hard to have a kid?

I believe it.....she probably IS too thin to have a healthy pregnancy. Hey, she would know....
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Wow, what a bundle full of info to drop on us? Do these celebs have any ability to keep every thought from flying out of their heads. And here's a (old fashioned but still true) thought, why not actually get married before you try so hard to have a kid?
    Exactly. You are already engaged, maybe you should WAIT till after the cerimony to concieve & have the baby?

Maybe your body is too stressed out to concieve? Keeping up with a career (since apparently she is saying she needs time off), trying to stay skinny for her career, and planning a wedding can stress anyone out.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Quote Originally Posted by Rondette View Post
    You're apparantly never too skinny to get pregnant..
    That's absolutely false. You can't get pregnant if you don't have a period and I know for a fact that being underweight causes irregular or even the complete stop of menstrual cycles.

^Yes, but thats if you're thin due to anorexia/malnutrition.

My mum was the skinniest teenage girl, and she got pregnant at 21 with ease. Milla's problem is probably more to do with drugs, because my Dad was a heroin addict and the doctor told him years before he had a kid, that he couldn't conceive..... i dont know what drugs have to do with it, but the doctor was wrong anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by stylejunkiex View Post
    That's absolutely false. You can't get pregnant if you don't have a period and I know for a fact that being underweight causes irregular or even the complete stop of menstrual cycles.
    hm, I was just lifting what the magazine article said. The woman was 5 stone and pregnant

She's not being completely honest....she's saying she's too thin because of her 'active lifestyle'. I think there's a TAD more than that going on....

Elite Member

Exactly. You are already engaged, maybe you should WAIT till after the cerimony to concieve & have the baby?
    Who cares? Marriage doesn't mean much today, and you can get all or nearly all the legal business sorted in other ways. It doesn't matter one bit whether they're married or not, if they don't care, and I don't think anybody has any reason - or any right, for that matter - to put a moral spin on that part.

Good for her, having the sense to realize that her job isn't the healthiest work environment. I hope they succeed.

Could be true .. I think it depends on your body.. If you are thin but you have a small frame , it is okay. If you have a bigger frame but you are too thin for your body type it can be a problem, I HAD THIS PROBLEM. I have a medium size frame but weighed 100 lbs.. TOO THIN FOR ME. Took me about 6 or 7 years to get pregnant as soon as I fattened up a little BOOM.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

I was discussing this with my mother and she says its actually harder for overweight women to get pregnant.

Being too thin certainly didn't stop Angelina.
    Boom, I got your boyfriend, boom I got your man.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    I was discussing this with my mother and she says its actually harder for overweight women to get pregnant.
    That might be true in some cases esp when there are pre-existing medical conditions. I think PCOS causes weight gain or something like that (and thryoid/hormone problems)?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information