Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scarlett Johanssen's weight

Cool Scarlett Johanssen's weight

Miss Johanssen tells in next month's InStyle magazine, ""I'm curvy — I'm never going to be 5'11' and 120 pounds. But I feel lucky to have what I've got."

This is Scarlett in January of this year at the Golden Globes:

This is Scarlett on September 10, in New York at the Spring 2007 fashion show:

Your thoughts?

She looks thinner for sure - although the top pose and dress is basically designed for showing off curves while the bottom pose is inherently slimming (that leaning forward/hunched shoulder thing) and the outfit doesn't reveal much. So it's hard to say how much of a difference it really is.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

All I remember is that this is the broad who bitched that women feel the pressue to be thin and she's not going to be fazed by it as she "will never be rail thin".

She's just slamming it cos she CANNOT be it. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaajor hypocrite.

My thoughts.
    Go Habs Go!!

Silver Member

She can't be 5'11 and 120 lbs, but she can be 5'1 with huge natural breasts.

I think her body is PHENOMENAL!
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

She definetly looks skinnier.

I'm not pro-superskinny, but Scarlett does look good abit thinner.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlebay View Post
    All I remember is that this is the broad who bitched that women feel the pressue to be thin and she's not going to be fazed by it as she "will never be rail thin".

She's just slamming it cos she CANNOT be it. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaajor hypocrite.

My thoughts.

I totally agree. She talks more about her weight than anyone else. To me it doesn't seem like she's all that content with her body.

Her weight fluctuates, though, like anyone's; you can see it just browsing through gettyimages. I won't point out specific examples, but she's short like me, so 5lbs. can make a significant difference. Plus the poses. She's nowhere near Bosworthville.

She thinner without a doubt - you can see it in her face and collarbone.

The more it's in my face the more I think how sad it really all is - body image and the media these days.

I can't imagine being a teen these days - I would be totally f*ked in the head.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

The pose in the second one is really odd. Her head doesn't even look like it belongs on her body, and I think that might have something to do with it. I agree that a little bit of weight loss or gain would be really noticable on her because of her height.

She has really big facial features, so if she gets into bosworth/richie territory, she's going to look bizarre.

And if she has to constantly talk about her body like someone already mentioned, she is not content. She needs reassurance all the time that she is a healthy weight. And she criticizes smaller figures because she doesn't have one. Simple as that. Just like small breasted women say, 'well big breasts sag anyway', its all to reassure themselves that they are much better off.

Scarlett has nothing to complain about, she wakes up next to Josh Hartnett for christs sake.

Stupid! "I´m never be a skinny girl" Sure, you Idiot!

A*O

Oh come ON, her tits have disappeared and compare her arms. She's on the ana bandwagon for sure. If you think she looks great that's your problem.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Elite Member

And if she has to constantly talk about her body like someone already mentioned, she is not content. She needs reassurance all the time that she is a healthy weight. And she criticizes smaller figures because she doesn't have one. Simple as that. Just like small breasted women say, 'well big breasts sag anyway', its all to reassure themselves that they are much better off.
    Exactly! It's not about hypocrisy; it's about surviving. Just try to imagine what kind of pressure this girl must be under - she's a promising actress, she's getting good parts and good coverage, in todays Hollywood - and she's neither classically pretty nor thin. She has boobs and thighs and butt and on occasion a belly, too; in Hollywood, she's probably the fat chick to all the other starlets, and many others too - and even more so because she's successful. Of course she's insecure, of course she has to keep reassuring herself that her body is ok! Too bad she seems to be cracking; I really hope it's just the picture, or just a phase. I think her body used to be slamming.

I bet she's really tiny in person. Compared to what she looked like in Lost in Translation, she's shrunk a whole lot, and "curvy" isn't what I would use to describe her, she's definitely not skinny anorexic, but she's still pretty slim I think.
    Computer says "no"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information